Knifing... again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knifing... again.

Okay: the map is militia, I am a CT. Atrium. CT's have stormed green door, and I have just come out from the building into the walled outer room that leads to the balcony and downstairs to the green door, because due to a geniusly planned flank, I am behind the rest of the T's (No I did not plan this, I was told to go there. Ther is a T sitting in that corner, watching the ramp; he didn't see me. I had just been engaged in a firefight, and my weapon is empty, and reloading would give me away. With his angle, I could easily walk up behind him and knife him, and he never ever would have seen it coming, but due to the fact that it's been ingrained in me that knives are weapons of desperation and not to be used unless there's no ammo left, I switch to my usp, Source fails my headshot roll, and I am twitched by an AK to the face. Now my question is: since it obviously would've worked better if I had knifed him, should I have?

Re: Knifing... again.

Yes. And do you really mean militia? Or Havana?

Comment

I think the ruling is: use the appropriate tool for the job.

If you are stealthing, then a knife is appropriate, if you are covering the bomber or hostages, its not.

Comment

Mateo has it.

Admins have stated this in this forum before. If stealth is vital, "knife is life."
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
          Yes. And do you really mean militia? Or Havana?

Crap, yes I did >.<

Thanks for the clarification everyone, I wanted to make sure because I once knifed someone in a similiar situation and was thouroughly chastised for it- no I don't remember who :P

Comment

you have to remember that pulling out your knife while it is a "stealth" kill, its not silent...the enemy does hear a "shiing" to put it onomanapiatically ....in which case...the twitch may still get you...

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
              onomanapiatically ....
              I do have to say that is a real word and I'm impressed with your vocab :)
              sigpic
              Connor: We haven't really got a system of deciding who, Roc. It's, uh...
              Rocco: Me! *Me*! I'm the guy! I know everyone! Their habits, who they hang
              out with, who they talk to! I've got phone numbers, addresses! I know who
              they're screwing! I know where they live! We could kill *everyone.*
              Murphy: So what do you think?
              Connor: I'm strangely comfortable with it.
              *The Boondock Saints*

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
                you have to remember that pulling out your knife while it is a "stealth" kill, its not silent...the enemy does hear a "shiing" to put it onomanapiatically ....in which case...the twitch may still get you...

True, but a shwing is still quieter than a *CHACK...chick-Chack,* or *CHACK-CHACK.* Onomanapiatically.

Comment

I've found the knife invaluable at numerous times. I'll admit that I've failed a couple times, and that sucks, but others it has been a silent, sure-fire way to take someone out. Especially when I have 5-or-less bullets in a gun, and don't want to risk a reload/miss. But never, NEVER charge headlong at someone and attempt to knife them, knowing you will not succeed.
                  One day I'll post my knifin' galleria. :p I actually got quite a few on pubs...

Comment

Josh's Wall Of Fame:
                    1. Ben Killed By KNIFE 4 Times.
                    2. Three weapon conversion in 1 vs. 1 duel - Full clip AK, full clip deagle, FINALLY got him w/ KNIFE.
                    Josh -
                    Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                      Crap, yes I did >.<

Thanks for the clarification everyone, I wanted to make sure because I once knifed someone in a similiar situation and was thouroughly chastised for it- no I don't remember who :P

I had it happen to me too. Im glad you posted this :) I feel much better now, lol
                      Walk softly,and carry a big stick.

Comment

No prob :P

Comment

If you come up on the rear of 5 enemies all facing the wrong way, and you don't have a silenced weapon, generally your best option is to knife. In the heat of the moment most people might not realize who got killed where, the best way to take out a line of enemies is from back to front. It's likened to that story about killing turkeys in a line, kill the one in the back and those up front never know about it. Of course, if someone is paying close attention and realizes that the man who just died was walking behind them, then you would have to deal w/ alot of angry foes.

In the end, I vote for the ability to remove the scoreboard and the kill counter in the upper right of the screen. A mod on either server would be nice, even if the ability to turn it on and off were given to admins.

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha Obito
                            If you come up on the rear of 5 enemies all facing the wrong way, and you don't have a silenced weapon, generally your best option is to knife.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Your best option in that particular case is a machine gun.
                            Josh -
                            Some men will always be animals, while others ... they will be Men.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshZeitlin
                              That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Your best option in that particular case is a machine gun.
                              I'd say either nade them, or flash them then knife them while they stumble around confused :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X