Bomb plant at de_aaa?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb plant at de_aaa?

Ok...this has been on my mind for a while now. Say I am a T and I plant the bomb at the "b" bombsite, am I allowed to place the bomb between the railling and the boxes? I have done this several times and came out victorious:) I know that in the SOP it says Quote: "Objects blocking hostages / bombs? You may obstruct the OpFor, providing the obstruction can easily be overcome. Blocking in a way that prevents the OpFor from reaching the area, or prevents the hostages from moving is unacceptable. In short, you may make life as difficult as you want, but you may not use objects / game physics to make it impossible for the other team to complete its objective."

Impossible is the key word here. It is possible but At times it is VERY tricky. I just want your guys's opinion on this matter. I have been told that this spot is not allowed but just want some clarification on this matter.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Bomb plant at de_aaa?

I don't know exactly how that spot works, so here's my bit: if its possible to make it easier or harder depending on the specific locations of the planting (eg behind the middle of the box is near impossible, on the left and right sides is easier, and right next to the edge is not too tough), then choose a spot where the bomb can be reliably defused. If an opponent can't defuse simply because it's too tricky to find the pixel sized "sweet spot", then it's too hard a spot. If they lost because it took them a second or two to find the clickable defusable area, then it's fine.

Comment

Impossible is the key (as you've stated).

With the game's engine, it's possible that the bomb can drop through a brush and be unreachable by the CTs. That'd be a no-no. Similarly, covering the bomb with movable objects that can only be removed with grenades could present the CTs an impossible task.

You don't have to make it easy -- if there's a spot that requires the CTs to totally expose themselves and get into a fairly difficult spot, feel free to use it.

However, if the spot you're speaking of needs a non-obvious defusion (IE, because of how the bomb drops and the map geometry, standing next to the bomb and hitting "e" does NOT work), I'd ask that you either refrain from that spot, or work to educate everyone on how to defuse from there properly.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

yeah, i agree that this should not be used as a fair way of planting the bomb

i've been on the CT end of this situation several times, and it's frustrating, especially since at this point, you've used up your frag grenades to kill the Ts, and the buy time of course, is up

so at this point, all the CTs are set to panic mode

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface

You don't have to make it easy -- if there's a spot that requires the CTs to totally expose themselves and get into a fairly difficult spot, feel free to use it.

Well said.. imo this spot is ok to use because it is just as easy to jump over the barrels onto the railing and defuse for CTs as it is for Ts to do the same thing and plant it there. It is not an impossible spot by any means.. difficult yes.. but far from impossible.

Gogeta
          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by radicaldreamer
            this should not be used as a fair way of planting the bomb

LMAO sorry i just had to laugh at that. fair way of planting the bomb LOL xD
            Dizlor

Comment

Exactly.

Similarly, covering the bomb with movable objects that can only be removed with grenades could present the CTs an impossible task.
              I can't think of an item in the game that can only be moved by a nade.

You also raised a valid point about

With the game's engine, it's possible that the bomb can drop through a brush and be unreachable by the CTs.
              AFAIK, there was an update that fixed this issue. We once had a problem on de_nuke, where the bomb was planted at the top site, on a pile of boxes, but when the plant was complete, the bomb repositioned itself on the floor in a tiny (and unreachable) gap. I'm pretty sure this isn't physically possible now. If I'm wrong, then Poker is absolutely right about it being unacceptable practice.
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                I can't think of an item in the game that can only be moved by a nade.

The chairs at the inside site on Prodigy.. sure you can try to run into them to move them but they only move an inch or so lol a nade is the only way to clear the bomb for defusal...
                Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
                  The chairs at the inside site on Prodigy.. sure you can try to run into them to move them but they only move an inch or so lol a nade is the only way to clear the bomb for defusal...
                  What about shooting them out of the way? Filing cabinets generally don't move if you run into them, but anything more powerful than a single pistol will move them.
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I've never noticed any particular problems with the defusal aspect of the plant site on De_AAA. The real problem seems to occur because the CTs have a hard time jumping on the boxes, and this is IMO a fair plant. The boxes are hard to jump on, but it works against the Ts as well when trying to get up there to plant. The bomb is easily defusable once you're on the boxes, but one thing to keep in mind is that I have never had the chance to try and defuse a bomb planted there. Does anyone know from personal experience that once you're on the boxes, the bomb is difficult to find the "sweet spot" for defusal?

Comment

Originally posted by Uchiha Obito
                      Does anyone know from personal experience that once you're on the boxes, the bomb is difficult to find the "sweet spot" for defusal?

Most definatly not difficult. Quite easy.
                      Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X