Office Ext. Scenario question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Ext. Scenario question

We were playing Office_Ext. There were about 4 t's (myself included) and 1 CT left with a scout, in the extension hallway.

While 2 t's kept him busy from our side of the extension, since we knew where he was and he was the last one left, I went around by the backstairs/elevators. I looked out the window hoping he would fall back out of the extension hallway and try another route (I never left the building, I simply looked out the window).

Sure enough i see him run across the courtyard between the CT spawn garage door and the extension and I shoot and kill him. I am then accused of being a frag monkey.

If you have one CT left, and you know where he is (and you know he has a scout), isn't it more tactical to surround him, rather then let him pick you off one by one? Because thats exactly what happened the map before that. One T left (same player with scout) and 4 or 5 CT's guarding the bomb, and he picked us off one by one.

note: during all this we were always no more than a few seconds from the hostages

What does everyone else think?

edit: I understand that no matter what, you never abandon the hostages. Like I said, in this example, were able to stay close.

Re: Office Ext. Scenario question

Sounds like what you did was completely fine. You had two teammates in the back, knowing exactly where he was, you never left the building, hosties were safe, and there was only one place he could be. If he killed both of your teammates then it might be different, but you did the right thing in my opinion. You stopped the threat before it escalated.

Comment

Personally, I prefer not to do that. It's too risky, as your "distractions" could easily accidentally get shot in the face and die needlessly. What I recommend for this situation:
      • Camping hostages.

or (if you feel the impending impatience)

• Set two Ts watching where the extension leads into the building, from inside (no need to risk them) and set one T watching the windows to ensure the CT does not retreat and get you unawares, and the final guy with the hostages (those stealth suits get you every time).

Comment

Your position was such that you were not only in a position to kill the CT, but also to guard the back stairs, and the front hall. I have no issue with your positioning.

What I don't understand (in general) is the defence having a need to locate and kill that final attacker. A lone attacker taking on a greater number of defenders is going to hang back and try and pick off anyone silly enough to stick their head out. Just guard the objective, and let the attacker run out of time.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I'm with Root on this one. A similar event happened to me, although I was not called a frag monkey or a hunter. It was simply implied. I was at the long hall way knowing that the last CT was at the end near the bathrooms and the Elevators. The lone CT rushed into the paper room and took out the 2 guys defending that position. I took off down long hall to run around the backside of him and caught him in the last paper room before the projector room. i probably should have run back around the other side of the hall, into the back hostage room, but I decided to meet him from behind.
          " Logic always prevails...now where are my pants?"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X