This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Definition to kill hunting!

I have noticed this ALOT lately, and quite frankly it is getting very irratating. While on server 1 the past few nights, there have been one person on defense has abandoned there objective in order to find the last kill instead of a protecting the bomb/hosties. This has turned around and bit him in the butt. Take last night for example, There were a few regulars in there and and I was spectating(bcuz I was Dead as usual). The map was de_aaa, and there were a single T and 2 CT's...well anyways the 2 CT's were gaurding B and leaving A alone(smart in my opinion) and the T planted at A, they (CT's) both went topside VERY slowly and one person stayed above the catwalks to distract with flashes and what not. the other one made his way all the way around the bombsite to the side entrance. Well the T was running around like a mad man and bit on the distraction, and ran towards a to find the CT that was doing this, and now he is halfway between A and B, with no idea where they are. So you know what he does...he runs around to get to the catwalks...meanwhile the other CT was defuseing this WHOLE time and they ended up winning. Moral of the story is "Watch your objective".
    Anyways here is the definition to me...

" The act of purposefully ignoring objective w/o regards to the mission in order to get a kill or kills"

If anyone agrees with me or diagrees PLEASE feel free to reply:)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: The Definition to kill hunting!

Did you send a forum PM, later, to the community member whom you watched abandon the objective?

Tell the player you were disappointed. Talk it out. Help the player understand where he screwed up.

Solve the problem. Make the server better.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I didnt page_admin, but I did talk to him about it and we did resolve the issue. The reason i used this example was because I remembered it so well. But dont get me wrong, this is NOT and isolated issue, I see it often and warn them...but I dont really think that paging an admin is really neccessary. It just gets annoying, that is why I made this post is too tell everybody what it means and gives the regulars a fair warning before I do something drastic like paging and admin:)

Comment

<breaks his red correction pen before he ends up attacking Dirtboy's posts :) >

I've seen this now and again, too. Usually a bit of a -reminder- can keep them in line, at least for a while.

Originally posted by Dirtboy
        I was spectating(bcuz I was Dead as usual)
        Lol :)

Comment

Originally posted by poe
          <breaks his red correction pen before he ends up attacking Dirtboy's posts :) >
          I hate you so much...JK:). But on a serious note...everyone should try to keep this in check and always protect the objective.

Comment

I agree with you dirtboy, many times have I see players abondoning their objectives to get that final kill in. The other night on de_aaa there was a senario playing itself out in which there were 2 ct's and 1 t. The only difference is that the bomb went to B and they were both at a...standing around doing nothing. Just thought Id mention it, I dont remember who the players where, though.
            " Logic always prevails...now where are my pants?"

Comment

Not only on aaa but on hostie maps. i see pplz leaving hosties alone alot of the time in order to get in a position to catch somone off gaurd and no where near the actual hostie area or able to know if hosties are being taken.

Comment

Originally posted by ۩Pyro™۩
                Not only on aaa but on hostie maps. i see pplz leaving hosties alone alot of the time in order to get in a position to catch somone off gaurd and no where near the actual hostie area or able to know if hosties are being taken.
                Originally posted by Gato
                many times have I see players abondoning their objectives to get that final kill in. The other night on de_aaa there was a senario playing itself out in which there were 2 ct's and 1 t. The only difference is that the bomb went to B and they were both at a...standing around doing nothing. Just thought Id mention it, I dont remember who the players where, though.
                And neither of you used page_admin. Neither of you PM'd an admin. I suspect neither of you PM'd the players involved, in the manner Wyz suggested.

You've both posted vague...... stuff. It doesn't help improve the server. Following the rules and procedures that are in the SOP forum has far more chance of achieving something positive.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X