cs_kismayo Tactics...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_kismayo Tactics...

I was playing sever 1 cs_kismayo tonight and I have a question i want to raise about the terrorist objectives. As I was playing, several T's took it upon themselves to run out into the little courtyard by the first hostage room and say that they were not kill hunting adn that they were protecting the hostages. When I say several, I mean 3 or 4.

The Ts would sneak around behind the CT team that was working in and kill them all from behind. They Worked around the Right side (from T spawn) and into the little hallway. They would also go into the courtday and run across to the destroyed bridge where the cts jump up on the ledge.

Please post some comments on this. I feel as though they were too far off objective, and the back side was for the most part unprotected and a team of cts could rush right and take the hostages without them knowing.
    " Logic always prevails...now where are my pants?"

Re: cs_kismayo Tactics...

Because of both the size and the layout of this map, the T's have an awful lot of freedom in where they can be. The map is finely balanced, in that a good team can win regardless of which side they play on.

Often, the T's will elect to put the majority of their effort into defending the rear pair of hostages, effectively surrendering the first pair. That tactic raised some eyebrows in the last scrim (office_extended), so it's unsurprising that people are making the effort to defend both sets.

Based on the position you describe, those T's have a good defensive position that blocks 2 routes into hostage building. Their team mates are presumably guarding the other hostages, and that puts them in an excellent position to defend the other entrance to the first pair.

Short version? With full teams on both sides, I have no problem, with the T's setting up position where you describe. Sometimes the defending team has to take risks.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Think of it like this. That front courtyard (I assume you mean the big one with the fountain), is rather closer to the first pair of hostages. In my opinion, the only place I draw the imaginary line of not-an-actual-boundary is by the right side (facing away from CT spawn), at that fork. And on the left side (facing away from CT spawn), on the far side of the building with the little alleyway through it. This fountain-yard is still close to the first set of hostages, and it does in fact block one of the two exits out of that building (the other would likely be able to be covered by the rest of the team).

So to wrap up, in my opinion, it's free game. :) Kismayo is a rather open map.

Comment

I think when we first started playing this map terrorists realized quick that staying on the roof or in with the rear pair of hosties usually wound up in slaughter...

Sometimes sending 2 T in with the forward set of hosties would work for a bit, but they would eventually be taken out and the hosties nabbed.

I think after so many slaughters players decided taking up more forward positions and guarding all routes into the area. If too many T were taken down then a fall back and regroup on the rear set of hosties was the backup plan. This helped a lot and more wins on the T side were noticed.

This also depends on how many people you start off with. With a full count you can do this but with fewer people you have to play a bit more closer...

Personaly I like this map and have a lot of fun playing it as both a T or CT.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I think this map shows how important it is for both teams to have alternate plans :)
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
            I think this map shows how important it is for both teams to have alternate plans :)
            I agree...SO many times people keep trying the same plan over ad over again and if it fails are unsure what to do next! Always have alternate Shady plans...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X