Shotty Rushes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotty Rushes

Do NOT work on Nuke as a T as I found out about 40 seconds ago.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Re: Shotty Rushes

Haha that was amazing. Mostly because i was on the CT team.

Comment

Rushes are pretty lame anyway. Also, shotguns aren't too effective against ranged targets - you might want to think about at least including an MP5 in the mix next time.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
        Rushes are pretty lame anyway. Also, shotguns aren't too effective against ranged targets - you might want to think about at least including an MP5 in the mix next time.
        Agreed. i think i know whic rush you were talking about. We shut it down in a matter of 5 seconds, keeping in mind it was me and one other ct that slaughtered the rush. It was mighty hilarious. One or two SMGs would have distracted us enough so that you would have been able to get through.
        " Logic always prevails...now where are my pants?"

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          Also, shotguns aren't too effective against ranged targets - you might want to think about at least including an MP5 in the mix next time.
          You'd be surprised at what you can manage with a shotgun, and especially once you mastered it. ;)

That out of the way, my feeling is that a rush with any one weapon for the entire team is a bad idea. One of the points of having multiple arsenals is for versatility, with is very essential for a very successful round. Sure, there's exceptions here and there... but this is quite generally true.

And that said, I did a shotgun tactical assault once or twice with Dirtboy, with amazing success. :)

Comment

Originally posted by poe
            And that said, I did a shotgun tactical assault once or twice with Dirtboy, with amazing success. :)
            Tactical assault >>>>> rush
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

There are tactical advantages to "rushing".

The biggest advantage being the element of surprise and gaining initiative. This is assuming there's any organization behind the rush though.

Comment

Originally posted by Apex
                There are tactical advantages to "rushing".

The biggest advantage being the element of surprise and gaining initiative. This is assuming there's any organization behind the rush though.
                Rushing == bad. Using a tactical assault is sort of like a rush, but organized, planned, and with a defined effect and execution. A rush is a group of guys running headlong to somewhere ;)

Comment

A great example of where a rush is good is when the T's are rushing A, the T's do not normally have enough time to get completely organized if they intend to keep the CTs off guard and off the roof.

However, in almost all other situations there the tactical assault is better

Comment

Anything you can achieve with a rush, I can acheive with a tactical assault, providing I have the right people on my team.

Take that to the next step. If it's possible with a handful of players, how do we achieve it being possible with a wider range of players?
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

They work on nuke if you dont go round the outside and stay inside the building.

VTO.clan homepage // vto.inx-gaming.co.uk // CAL-E // Enemy-Down

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                        It took me a while to catch up on the forums, but yes... I can recall a few times that If you go into a area that bottlenecks and from a several flashes into the area... you can do it successfully...but it is advised that you have a partner *wink* Poe:)!!!
                        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

rushes work well if done correctly

Comment

Originally posted by batgirl View Post
                            rushes work well if done correctly
                            Yes they do, but that's not really relevant to tactical play. Any sort of rush is highly likely to work. It's also highly likely to take all of the fun out of playing, which is why rushing is frowned upon, or in my case, yawned upon.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Rushes tend to have minimal planning because of the nature of them: get to the objective/enemy as fast as possible to disorient them and engage before they can get a defence set up. Generally, the whole team goes one way and just overwhelms the defending fireteam along that path. It is much more fun to plan out an attack and then see how it does, compared to the simple "rush A" plan. You also get to grow your experience by gaining knowlege of "what worked, and what didn't."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X