alias "waitL" "waitS; waitS; waitS; waitS; waitS;"

alias "single" "+attack; waitS; -attack; wait; wait;"
    alias "burst"  "+attack; waitL; -attack" 
    alias "sinatk" "bind MOUSE1 single; bind h buratk;"
    alias "buratk" "bind MOUSE1 burst; bind h autatk;;"
    alias "autatk" "bind MOUSE1 +attack; bind h sinatk;"

bind "MOUSE1" "autatk"
    bind "h" "autatk"
    Change "h" within the last three aliases and the bind to whatever you want to toggle between the fire modes. Something I threw together messing around with source scripting. With an m4 you get a single shot, 3 shot burst, and full automatic. I haven't tested it with any other weapons.
    USAR

Re: Single/burst/auto fire script.

Squeak, thanks for the info... My question is: Where must I go to change this? Or what must I do?

Comment

WM,
      You can place that bind in either your config or your userconfig files, both in your CFG folder. If you need help just PM me and I can help you out...
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Arg, I just played with that... It was cool except for the single shot mode- that would take allot of getting used too. Good stuff otherwise.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

With this script, you can burst fire an AK. I'm not sure that's appropriate, as a real AK doesn't do burst. I'm also concerned about the 2 round burst from the XM1014 - that's just way to powerful.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Whistler: you are going to want to place it in a file called autoconfig.cfg since it will automaticaly be executed after your config.cfg file (inside the cfg folder), you may have to create the file. This way it won't get overwritten automaticaly by source.

Root: Is it the skill that it removes that concerns you, where learning the timing of each single/burst is removed? It doesn't do anything magical beyond what carefully timed button smashing would do.
            USAR

Comment

I find this ok. I have done tons of my own scripts that have helped me through the years. They are really helpful and valve encourages it. This is why these were made. It really does help, but over the years just manually firing and such is best.. or atleast for me.

Root.. What do you mean 2 round bursting with the shotgun? These scripts doesnt make any difference in actual firing speeds. What is done in these scripts can be done using the plain-ole-mouse, but to some it's just easier.

Comment

I prefer to fire on my own. I like to have full control over what I do- and it's not hard to practice to be able to single/burst/auto on your own. And in fact, it makes you much more deadly, especially since you won't have to rely on a script. What happens if you forget to switch? Possible death because of it. I like being the death machine, not having me using tools :p While it's not hacking, it almost seems like another aspect of it. Not technically "illegal" and such, but for these purposes I'm not a fan. Not against it...but... to each their own. Just know that when I get ya, it is -me- getting you ;)

I heard a rather large discussion with Wyzcrak about scripting :p (several times)... I happen to agree with the side about scripting is about giving you an advantage without the necessity of skill.

Comment

I don't understand what the difference is between using this script vs. just controlling your rate of fire?

Anyone can shoot singles, 2 or 3 round burst or full auto. Why do you need a script to do this? I guess I don't see the advantage.

Comment

This sounds like the sort of thing we usually discourage around here, maybe i'm just misunderstanding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apex
                      I don't understand what the difference is between using this script vs. just controlling your rate of fire?

Anyone can shoot singles, 2 or 3 round burst or full auto. Why do you need a script to do this? I guess I don't see the advantage.
                      I agree. I tried the script for a quick minute and hated it. I think it is easier to use a little self control with the mouse and you get the same results. The only thing this does is distract you and get you killed because you have single shot set, when you needed burst or auto.

Comment

I don't understand what the difference is between using this script vs. just controlling your rate of fire?.
                        It's the same difference as having 2 real weapons, one with 3 round burst, and one without. This sums up my objectiion to the script - it's unrealistic to use it on guns that don't have the facility IRL.
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                          It's the same difference as having 2 real weapons, one with 3 round burst, and one without. This sums up my objectiion to the script - it's unrealistic to use it on guns that don't have the facility IRL.
                          Gotcha. I guess if a weapon doesn't have it in real life, then it shouldn't in game. (I thought M4A1 could burst tho).

I still don't think there's any more advantage to using this script, though. It may even be more of a hinderance. It's not like the famas where you gain more accuracy at the expense of a lower rate of fire.

Comment

(I thought M4A1 could burst tho).
                            I believe you are correct in that regard. I've been told that the AK definitely doesn't have burst IRL.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Some people like them because they havnt got thier timing quite right with it yet. A few days or weeks with these can help your timing as well. I personally LOVE them, though I dont use them. You can't really enforce the "No script rule" because nothing can really pick them up. I can 3 round burst all day and not be using one, but someone else can be using it and 3 round all day and no be suspected of it. They have advantages, but they also have disadvantages as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X