Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single/burst/auto fire script.

Originally posted by Root
    This sums up my objectiion to the script - it's unrealistic to use it on guns that don't have the facility IRL.
    That is completely understandable. I created it, and shared, mostly for the m4. The m4 has all three IRL, and makes it feel more comfortable using my mouse since its a bit touchy.
    USAR

Comment

I would think that this script would also work for the machine gun. A single shot mode with it would make it devastating. As the first shot from the Machine gun is usually right on. Burst mode would just turn it into a more powerful version of the Famas.
      Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
      Sir Winston Churchill
      British politician (1874 - 1965)

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
        Some people like them because they havnt got thier timing quite right with it yet. A few days or weeks with these can help your timing as well. I personally LOVE them, though I dont use them. You can't really enforce the "No script rule" because nothing can really pick them up. I can 3 round burst all day and not be using one, but someone else can be using it and 3 round all day and no be suspected of it. They have advantages, but they also have disadvantages as well.
        I guess it could be useful as a trainer, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Apex
          I guess it could be useful as a trainer, yeah.
          I don't think it's useful for a trainer at all. In fact, it can be harmful. Instead of learning to shoot at correct times, and learning from trial/error/practice/use...they would rely upon this script. The best way to learn is through use.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
            I don't think it's useful for a trainer at all. In fact, it can be harmful. Instead of learning to shoot at correct times, and learning from trial/error/practice/use...they would rely upon this script. The best way to learn is through use.
            I guess it just depends on the person and their learning curve.

Really it's just a matter of forcing yourself to break the habit of mashing the mouse button every time you see an enemy and learning how to time your taps. It's funny because I always get accused of no recoil and/or aim hacks due to this. People don't realize that if you evenly space out your bursts at around 1 second intervals you really don't get a lot of recoil. It's when you hit 3+ continuous rounds where recoil starts to get really bad.

This type of discipline also ties in with forcing yourself to take the time to aim and burst accordingly instead of just spraying first and then trying to aim.

I guess it just doesn't seem like it should be that difficult of a skill to learn. It just takes a bit of concentration and focus to try not to spray.

However, I still occasionally spray at times when I get startled and I almost always get killed because of it.

Comment

From my experience in Counter Strike (Former competitve player), I find scripts in CS atleast to be particularly restrictive and unneccesary. They do not increase the skill of the player, and a script like this can hinder a person's combat ability if they have to fumble an extra button to get the correct mode for the current situation. There are also times when the player with the script can misjudge a situation, and not have the appropriate firing mode selected for the situation. In a game like CS, a few seconds can mean death. A player without the script is not neccesarily in trouble if he or she misjudges the situation, because they can improvise their way out of it without striking addtional keys. The scripter, will have to hit addtional keys, making them less effective than the player who does not.

Comment

Originally posted by poe View Post
                If I were in a Counter-Terrorism Task Force, I think I would rely on the single-fire mechanism in my rifle when lining up a shot near a hostie rather than just "timing" full auto to let off a few rounds. That is one hell of a risk.

I'm all for single / burst / auto scripts because it gives you more control over the weapon. Keep in mind, I don't think CS:S was designed for control and tactical gameplay, but rather, for running 'n' gunning and as a result, there's a lack of control.

We've gone far to establish rules and guidelines to make our server the best tactical servers out there - and not to support the use of scripts which model weapons as accurately as possible to allow more realism would be, in my opinion, foolish.

You may say "Well, the AK doesn't have burst fire - therefore all weapon scripts are prohibited" - I disagree. An AK that's equipped with burst fire capabilities is considerably more realistic in tactical situations than with full auto.

My last comment is that many of the better players on this thread complain that "people get too used to single / burst and don't develop the skills to play." If it makes the mediocre players better at playing the game - then I'm all for it. Allowing the chance for those players to have better control over their weapons so that they can play the game with the TG "philosophy" would make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Isn't there a way for the server to execute scripts on the client-side? I think if you do that, it would allow for more control over what the TG community is using.

Oh, and as for:

Originally posted by DJ Johnny Feel Good View Post
                From my experience in Counter Strike (Former competitve player), I find scripts in CS atleast to be particularly restrictive and unneccesary. They do not increase the skill of the player, and a script like this can hinder a person's combat ability if they have to fumble an extra button to get the correct mode for the current situation. There are also times when the player with the script can misjudge a situation, and not have the appropriate firing mode selected for the situation. In a game like CS, a few seconds can mean death. A player without the script is not neccesarily in trouble if he or she misjudges the situation, because they can improvise their way out of it without striking addtional keys. The scripter, will have to hit addtional keys, making them less effective than the player who does not.
                That's exactly what I'm talking about. In any dynamic combat zone, your weapon is best utilized when being able to adapt to the variety of environments.

Comment

i would find playing with it a hindrance. i NEVER know when im going to need auot or burst. it would be a pain changing it on the go. Personally i think it is fine and great if other people use them, im just not going to. Without the scripts i think i have more control of the weapon bc i can do any of the 3 modes without changing it with a little practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey101 View Post
                    i would find playing with it a hindrance. i NEVER know when im going to need auot or burst. it would be a pain changing it on the go. Personally i think it is fine and great if other people use them, im just not going to. Without the scripts i think i have more control of the weapon bc i can do any of the 3 modes without changing it with a little practice.
                    Exactly my feelings.

Comment

in general i am not fond of weapon scripts, the only scripts I use are buy scripts hwich help me press a single button and run into the distance.
                      0-<-<
                      ( + [ ] :: )

Comment

Originally posted by Dragzeela View Post
                        press a single button and run into the distance.
                        How do your team mates feel about that?
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

well... I dun play on the TG server for a lonnggg time I just mean when I go play on my other favorite server that is just kill kill kill =P my bad if my grammar is in need or repair or refreshment.
                          0-<-<
                          ( + [ ] :: )

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X