Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple and easy way to coordinate multi-point strikes

Use the game timer.

I cannot tell you how irritating it is to see everyone around me make up great plans and have them all fall to pieces with people going "should we go? wait was that go? where should we be now?".

When I take charge of a team's planning, the first thing I do is coordinate every single effort by the timer.

The second major thing I do is have people designated teammates, partners if you will, that will keep them working together in a union rather than a free-for-all when the sky comes a falling down.

So here is an example that works very well, and makes the entire team feel absolutely great.
    ---
    CT's have arrived at the front door of the house on Militia, XYZ teams are still alive because we R0X0R (TM).

I have X go to the roof, Y go to the back-door, and Z hold position out front on the main door. It is currently 8:20 by the time I begin to explain the tactics.

X will, on the 7:30 mark, drop in through the roof and charge downstairs into the living room.

While this happens, Z will, also on the 7:30 mark, chuck an explosive, smoke, and flashbang grenade into the connecting hallway.

X will secure the living room.

X, at 7:18, will throw one flashbang grenade into the hostage area.

Then at the 7:15 mark, team Y will kick open the back door and cause a nasty distraction, at which point X and Z will move in through the hallway to finish off whatever remains.
    ---
    Obviously this doesn't end the map, but it is a great entering strategy that is still hard to stop even if the enemy knows that it is coming. The best part about the timer is that it removes the human element of error that is so tragically common with verbal go-codes. Individual teams of two are also a great way to foster communication and teamwork between individual players while also effectively doubling the tactical options by having two players with full loadouts able to share with one another.

Anyway please post your thoughts, I'd like to see some more attempts at using either of the two suggestions I have.
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: Simple and easy way to coordinate multi-point strikes

Personally, all of my plans involve one big unit with 1-2 rambo distractions, but that's my style. We had a multi-point strike just yesterday on italy. I was in the team that had to move from apartments at 7:30, and I wasn't so sure if the rest of my squad was going to move, but they did and I think we only had 1 or 2 casualties on our side. So yeah, works great and it's easy to follow.

Comment

You guys should read Magnum's SOPs and Tactics for SWAT4. Very informative stuff, and could help you greatly with CS:S.

Of couse, it helps to have a good team. No amount of planning is going to help if you designate fireteams and one of them just runs off down long hall.

Then it's time to get out the banhammer. :row__577:

Comment

Very good suggestion Zephyr, thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
          You guys should read Magnum's SOPs and Tactics for SWAT4. Very informative stuff, and could help you greatly with CS:S.
          Furthermore, some of the SOP's for games like Ghost Recon can add value to PCS.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

If only CS was team planning oriented as AA, Swat4, and GR are... it would be incredible... and probably weed out alot of childish players at the same time :D At least i know thats the case when I played AA... serious AA players cant stand CS because of all the hacks and childish behaviour... if only...:row__573:
            Dizlor

Comment

Used (in BF2 Tactical Mod) and classified as "essential tactical element for squad coordination" by 1st MIP.

Related AAR

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
                If only CS was team planning oriented as AA, Swat4, and GR are... it would be incredible... and probably weed out alot of childish players at the same time :
                Go forth and make it happen. Just because the game engine and design are limited, doesn't mean we have to approach gaming in an equally limited way.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                  doesn't mean we have to approach gaming in an equally limited way.

Tis why I love this community!!! :D Ill see what I can come up with.
                  Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
                    Ill see what I can come up with.
                    Top banana. I'd suggest you start with that rabble we label PCSP. They should be the standard that all other players aim for.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I'll gladly work on improving tactics used in CS:S. The thing I always seen missing, at least for me, is the presence of people that I know I can work with. I have a few faces I work with very well now, but I'd like to see that improved. Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.
                      -Zephyr
                      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                      We are not a single game.
                      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
                        I'll gladly work on improving tactics used in CS:S. The thing I always seen missing, at least for me, is the presence of people that I know I can work with. I have a few faces I work with very well now, but I'd like to see that improved. Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.
                        -Zephyr
                        I hear that works even better when you play more!! ;)

But aye, I'll be thinkin' on this too.

Comment

What confuses ppl the most is that when we have timed attacks, they dont know when to throw the nades, flashes, etc. or Assult the objective. That is why everytime I make a plan I tell them to throw the flashes at "X" time and assult it within 2 seconds after the last flash. Now having said that, Know how many flashes are being thrown...I usually go for the 3 flash, scoot, and move technique. There is nothing worst than after doing all the planning and assulting than having to hear " Fire in the hole" after making your way into the objective point:)
                          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
                            -Zephyr
                            I dont think I had the pleasure playing with you, but I know exactly what you mean. And that is why I heart Poe...:P

ps...I Realize that the above is TOTALLY editable, so please cut me some slack:)
                            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X