Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ambushes (How to NOT die from a single enemy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambushes (How to NOT die from a single enemy)

The majority of us have died by someone simply hiding behind an object, like a box.

For example, on cs_italy as CTs, your team is rushing up middle, with no one coming through the wine cellar, your team looks foward, even though the OpFor isnt there. As the team starts to move past the box, they start dropping due to a single T hiding behind it. Its annoying, because simply checking behind the box could save alot of lives.

Instead, it would be simpler to send one guy crouching (Dont want to see any TKs now do we?), while the rest of his/her team covers him, so he can check behind the box and prevent alot of deaths.

On de_inferno, at A, there is a little fountain, using the special forces skin, you can hide behind it, and pretty much the entire enemy team will not notice you, from there, you can take out the bomber, and take out the rest of his team, with a silenced weapon. Simply sending one guy to check if anyone is there could also prevent alot of deaths.

So uh, hope this helps!

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
    [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
    [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Re: Ambushes (How to NOT die from a single enemy)

I guess i really dont know what you are talking about...so I am assuming that no one on your team had situational awareness! That can make or break a Good team. Before I move out after the plan is made I always have a guy to check the obvious spots. Either that I will always remind somebody to double check that spot. Even if you know someone is there cause a distraction ( ie a unlucky player) and have them go around and draw his fire while a 2 man team takes him out while he is shooting at the unlucky soul:)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy
      I guess i really dont know what you are talking about...so I am assuming that no one on your team had situational awareness! That can make or break a Good team. Before I move out after the plan is made I always have a guy to check the obvious spots. Either that I will always remind somebody to double check that spot. Even if you know someone is there cause a distraction ( ie a unlucky player) and have them go around and draw his fire while a 2 man team takes him out while he is shooting at the unlucky soul:)
      Agreed.... People who dont know to check places like that ... need to learn. Both spots Kamer described are exremely old school and VERY easily avoided.
      Dizlor

Comment

I would have to say a real ambush to worry about is the 1 or 2 man team rushing around behind you while your whole team is looking forward into B on cbble... Getting teamates to learn that is difficult. If you are in the back of the line.. why are you aiming forward thru all your team ? The last person should ALWAYS be on the lookout behind, and they should call it so that the next guy in line will be aware of the situation and turn around to help. Teams have got to realize when and if they get blocked or hung up in situations like the one at b I spoke of... theres a good chance someone might be creepin' so keep your eyes and ears open behind.
        Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
          Agreed.... People who dont know to check places like that ... need to learn. Both spots Kamer described are exremely old school and VERY easily avoided.
          The trouble is that > 99% of our members move out of spawn with an irrational need to engage the OpFor. With 9 minutes, there's no reason not to check every corner, every map, every time.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
            , there's no reason not to check every corner, every map, every time.
            I agree.. but the corners and spots around the OpFor's domain need to be checked. It would be kinda foolish to just barge thru without securing possible spots first...
            Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
              I agree.. but the corners and spots around the OpFor's domain need to be checked. It would be kinda foolish to just barge thru without securing possible spots first...
              Root is saying to secure EVERYTHING. :p

Comment

*agrees to limit posts whilst hung over

total misread lol :P
                Dizlor

Comment

I would agree with you all. The best way in my experience is to have someone check quickly (i.e. NOT crouching). If you have enough grenades, use them, especially their disorientation effect.

Additionally, if you are planning to move up the middle in something like italy with speed, assign a member of your fireteam a place to check as you move up. As each person check his or her area, have them restack up behind the fireteam as it passes them. This will make it so the next area to be checked will always be in front.

Comment

Welcome to TG Ward! Please check out the TG rules, announcements and SOP's for CS:S in my sig.

Comment

How not to die from a single enemy : Learn proper tactical movement.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

What i try to do is monitor what the person in front of me does. IE if he's looking to the left while running, i'll look to the right. Sorta like what SWAT does while entering a building.

If he goes around a corner and clear's left, i'll enter and clear right, same with boxes/doors, if he clears one and keeps going i'll clear the other (Unless there isnt another, than i'll double check his check).

(That is if im not instructed to do something different)
                        Oyee

Comment

well it's all well and good to check everything, but would u really have time? if you communicate with your team u can all go and reduce major damage while taking out a team.

Comment

Originally posted by batgirl View Post
                            well it's all well and good to check everything, but would u really have time? if you communicate with your team u can all go and reduce major damage while taking out a team.

You would have time for "most" occassions. But you dont want to send your entire team in only one direction. And it very well could be a trap from them.
                            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by batgirl View Post
                              It's not too unusual for a team to be ambushed by one guy, and for the one guy to win. So yes, the extra... what, fraction of a second? that it takes, is well worth it. Especially since round times usually don't press people down to their last seconds.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X