X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs_parkhouse

A couple of CT strategies :

Divide and conquer :

Have a sniper roam the map, staying on the CT side of the river. Fireteam 1 goes across the bridge from spawn, and flanks the left side of the house. Team 2 goes right from spawn, and advances across the other bridge. If you have the players, fireteam 3 advances using all available cover, and then drops into the river right in front of the house. Timing is crucial, so make sure someone in each team is keeping the larger team updated as to position, contacts and any other relevant info. Make sure you get everyone in position, and let the sniper do plenty of recon for you.

When it's time to breach, team 1 goes down towards the river and in through at the bottom of the stairwell. Team 2 goes in the front door. Team 3 goes up the stairs from the river and in. The sniper should stay in position, calling threats and dealing with them where possible.

Extract to the RP outside the house, or failing that, call for backup and take the hostages along the river to CT spawn.

Smash 'n' snipe :

Assuming a team of 8, have 4 of 5 players load up with AUG's, scouts, and any kriegs that you stole in the previous round. The rest need to buy whatever CQB weapon they're best with, followed by flashes, then smoke, then any other items you want to buy.

The scoped players mill around on the CT side of the river, sniping anything they can, whilst the CQB team sneaks into position in the middle of the map. As soon as the snipe team is engaged *heavily*, the CQB team makes a smash and grab raid on the hostages, ideally with a fast extraction to the RP by the house. Entry route for this team is into the river and then up both the drainpipe and stairwell. For this assault to work, it's more important than ever that you don't waste any time shooting at an OpFor that isn't a major threat.

We used both these plans to great effect a couple of nights ago. I'm sure more strategies will be forthcoming for both sides, considering the popularity of the map.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: cs_parkhouse

Here are a few things I observed from playing a Terrorist.

This map can be very hard on the Terrorist team. Ive only played it twice(once on T once on CT) and from what I have seen the terrorists cant really hold up inside the house using close combat weapons since the windows allow almost every position you can take to have atleast one point that a CT can shoot you from. Sniping on this map is huge, for the T's if you can get a sniper on the roof he can spot every enemy movement (except if the CT's book it under the porch by the river). on the left side (terrorists left) the CT's can get a great angle on the people guarding the hostages. so keeping the bridge clear is a must for keeping your pals inside alive.

not too indepth on the T end but this map hasnt been played too much yet.

Comment

bumped -

I think if the CT spawn was moved a bit further out or if the T's were moved INTO the house (both?) it would give the T's time to get into some sort of decent positions.

As it is the CTs, (with any decent aim), can slaughter the Ts while they're trying to even get in positions within the house.

Comment

One thing that helps is throwing a smoke from T spawn to the roof or in 2nd floor to cover stairwell traffic.

Another thing is, on the left side of the house you can hop down to a balcony that goes into the kitchen to get into position faster than CTs can get to boathouse.

Other than that there really are no positions that T's need more time to get to.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
        "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
        - Wulfyn

Comment

I agree, I think the hardest spot to get to is the roof from stairs.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
            I agree, I think the hardest spot to get to is the roof from stairs.
            You can boost eachother up on the ledge right in front of spawn. I do it all the time.
            "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
            "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

I love this map because despite the small size, it doesn't turn into a fragfest, and it's one of those rare maps where you can, with some skill and cunning, get both sets of hosties out. You don't have to rely on a fluke.

On the CT side, having a sniper is crucial. But the best spot for a sniper is near the spawn. The middle area is easily held with an M4. I personally like the basic 2-3 split with 1 sniper and a skilled rifleman in the middle. This way, the middle man can easily give covering fire for both sides, and he can easily assault the first set and get them out.

The best T split is, in my opinion, one sniper covering the right, 2 men covering the left, one in the kitchen, one in the room next to the first set, one in the upper floor, and one in the bedroom or on the roof, depending. if and when they the CT's breach the lower floor, the top floor guy can easily drop down through a window and blast the unfortunate CT's behind.

Comment

Sorry Clef I meant I agree with Sloppy. And now the roof isn't the hardest to get to from your very helpful tactic. Thanks :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                  Sorry Clef I meant I agree with Sloppy. And now the roof isn't the hardest to get to from your very helpful tactic. Thanks :)
                  Yeah, I try to get my teammates to do it for me, but not many know what I am talking about. So it doesn't work right away with new people, but later in the map you can do it quickly when people know what to do.
                  "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                  "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Yeah we started doing it constant tonight. We liked it so much we wanted to boost people up there that didn't wanna go :)

FUN FUN

Comment

A wise man once said, "Necromancy is bad for the soul."

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                      Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                      Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Necromancy is not always bad, especially on these forums. I thought everybody knew that!
                        - Drake_Anra

Comment

Originally posted by nhammen View Post
                          Necromancy is not always bad, especially on these forums. I thought everybody knew that!
                          Theres alot of things everybody thought Delta knew...
                          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                            Theres alot of things everybody thought Delta knew...
                            They're clearly wrong.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                            Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                            Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by Fearfull Dave View Post
                              This map can be very hard on the Terrorist team. Ive only played it twice(once on T once on CT) and from what I have seen the terrorists cant really hold up inside the house using close combat weapons since the windows allow almost every position you can take to have atleast one point that a CT can shoot you from. Sniping on this map is huge, for the T's if you can get a sniper on the roof he can spot every enemy movement (except if the CT's book it under the porch by the river). on the left side (terrorists left) the CT's can get a great angle on the people guarding the hostages. so keeping the bridge clear is a must for keeping your pals inside alive.
                              I agree.. i hate trying to guard inside the house... I get eaten from teh back, side or wherever I'm NOT looking. I prefer to watch the covered bridge or something. And I'm never trying to run down the stairs again.. i'm doing the drop from the porch to the lower area to get there from now on.. been sniped too many times just trying to get in position.

As a T, I like the idea of 2 on that bridge... one watches the CTs approach and the other can look down into the water area.

Areas T's have to watch: (all directions from T perspective)
                              Covered bridge route
                              Right side route (up along the rock wall)
                              The boat house (into water and either up the rope or off to the side) route
                              The run (from right side or over bridge) up to the stairs.
                              Sniping from CT spawn and anywhere else on the map for that matter.

Just about every position inside the house almost needs 2 people. One to watch direction X and another to cover that T's blind spot that is open to a window.

When I'm feeling masocistic, I like playing T. It is a challenge, but I usually end up with a score along the lines of 1 - 8

I TEND to prefer the CT side, where I have more freedom of movement, don't have to watch my back quite as much. This way I tend to end up witha score of 1 - 8. :row__572:
                              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...