This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volaris2

I have a question that plagues me everytime i play this map. Apparently there is some confusion. Are the T's allowed to rush bombsite B even though the Ct's have no way of defending a rush besides trying to re-take the bombsite after a bomb has been planted? I feel that the T's being able to rush the bombsite knowing there will be no protection is wrong. 1. Rushing has been dualy noted to me by plenty of admins as being un-tactical in most situations. 2. It seems that rushing on this map seems to always lead to a DM. Secoundly if this map is flawed then why is it still in rotation?

Re: Volaris2

Originally posted by ۩Pyro™۩
    I have a question that plagues me everytime i play this map. Apparently there is some confusion. Are the T's allowed to rush bombsite B even though the Ct's have no way of defending a rush besides trying to re-take the bombsite after a bomb has been planted? I feel that the T's being able to rush the bombsite knowing there will be no protection is wrong. 1. Rushing has been dualy noted to me by plenty of admins as being un-tactical in most situations. 2. It seems that rushing on this map seems to always lead to a DM. Secoundly if this map is flawed then why is it still in rotation?
    When I was playing here with Root at one point, we enforced that the Ts did NOT rush the B bombsite, because of the fact that Ts can get there faster (or at relatively the same time). If any of you are on this map, try to uphold that, as well. Besides, a flat-out rush is so boooooring. :p

I love the map, personally, and it has TONS of potential that I have seen used to create wonderful PCS games. It's single greatest flaw is the time it takes to reach the B bombsite, yes. It's possibly due for removal from rotation due to this, but time shall tell.

Comment

Just to interject... but CTs can get to B site faster then Ts can.... a well placed flash as soon as u get there can stop ANY T rush and give the ones behind you a chance to group up.
      Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
        Just to interject... but CTs can get to B site faster then Ts can.... a well placed flash as soon as u get there can stop ANY T rush and give the ones behind you a chance to group up.
        People don't like to argue that :p Although it IS true. But CTs should be able to at least get there with enough time to get into a few secure positions before the Ts barge in.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
          People don't like to argue that :p Although it IS true. But CTs should be able to at least get there with enough time to get into a few secure positions before the Ts barge in.
          agreed :p It would take 2 or more people on the exact same page on what to execute to make that work and make the Ts think twice about bustin up into B as fast as they can.:icon_cool
          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by poe
            It's possibly due for removal from rotation due to this, but time shall tell.
            It's definitely due for removal. It's a great map, and will remain on the server for use when the right kind of players are on.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
              Although Poe agrees for some reason this is a total lie. it is possible for the T's to get into B and plant before the Ct's can even get 10 feet from bombsite B. This is by going over the bridge and jumping into the water then rushing into b. I have tested this several times with friends and it has been found to be impossible to get there before they plant if the T's rush B. And as explained on a previous thread.

it wont let me put a URL so just add the Tacticalgamer part in or search for desicive movement vs rush
              counter-strike-tactics-discussion/72674-fast-desicive-movement-vs-rush.html?highlight=rushing+decisive

I think this explains really well about the difference between fast-desicive-movement and rushing. and in this maps case if the t's were to pile up at that court room before entering bombsite B which is more tactical then straaight rushing and having stragglers come in secs. later, Ct's would be able to at least get a few guys in there maybe not set up but at least able to put up some type of a fight.

Comment

I tend to agree with Pyro. The T's have the advantage when it comes to getting to b faster, but they shouldn't let that fact stop them from using their heads to come up with something a little... better.

Comment

Originally posted by ۩Pyro™۩
                  Although Poe agrees for some reason this is a total lie. it is possible for the T's to get into B and plant before the Ct's can even get 10 feet from bombsite B. This is by going over the bridge and jumping into the water then rushing into b.
                  That was not a "lie" pyro.... I dont have some personal connection to this map nor am I trying to get out of school for the day... so I have no reason to lie here. You CAN jump into the water without even touching the bridge. I have done this plenty of times and beaten Ts to B plenty of times. So dont call me a liar. I agree its rediculous.. but you yelling at the Ts for rushing B ONE time is also rediculous. Rushing is a perfectly normal and tactical decision that can be made by the offensive team. In this particular situation, rushing B is frowned upon when it is abused and done over and over again. I have seen you throw a fit after one rush to B. Wait till they abuse it before you blow your whistle on the server.
                  Dizlor

Comment

If the map is flawed, then perhaps it should be saved for public games where the population within the game would respect rules more than random individuals who just come in the server.

Comment

The map is not going to be in the rotation anymore, but will remain on the server. The direction of this thread is getting away from the fact that we are discussing tactics and it has past its usefulness as a thread. So it is now closed.
                      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X