This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using hosties as cover

The idea that utilizing hosties as meat shields is unacceptable came up for a second tonight. It was mentioned that it was in the SOPs (which I've never seen it mentioned there) or in the MOTD (which I've also never seen it mentioned in). I'd like to add my opinion then maybe get an official ruling.

For CT's this would seem to be certainly an unacceptable tactic as their role is to save lives, not exploit them to save their own butts...though sometimes it just happens when the hosties are tailing behind a CT who is being pursued by a gang of angry T's.

As a T, I'd have to say this is a very viable tactic. It's certainly logical in my opinion that a T guarding the hosties, once CT's have engaged in the hostie room, would use them as shields to protect himself from what could be imminent death. The T's, after all, could give a rat's tail about those hosties anyhow.

And on maps, such as cs_office (where this became a topic of brief mentioning), not only does using the projector room hosties as a shield provide good cover for a T, but also from that position you have a great line of sight into the storage room. On most maps T's who do this are sitting ducks anyhow...but I say if it becomes advantageous for a T to do so then it is a sound tactical decision.

Not to mention I've seen this done time and time again by respected players. It's a non-issue for me as I rarely do this. I just wanted to clear it up for others.

My 2
    | | |

Re: Using hosties as cover

I think it's bad form. It's not just about cover, it's a gameplay mechanic as well. Simply put, it makes it to where CT's cannot return fire to the T's without risking shotting a hostie, both going against their objective AND further hindering them the next round finacially, not to mention being kicked from the server due to hostie kills.

It's not so much what real CT's and T's would logically do. Fair gameplay needs to be considered in the situation as well. There's a huge penality for any CT attempting to attack the T. At no point does a CT ever have this advantage of being able to sit behind the T's Objective and make the T's become hindered because of injuring their objective. Yes in de maps, T's lose their weapons and money when they sit on the bomb to guard it, but that's they can control. A CT can't control when a T hides behind a hostie.

Simply put, it's an unfair advantage to the T team on hostie maps. Logically or not, it's not fair as far as gameplay mechanics are concerned.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

It's true that in this situation, albeit a rare situation, that the T's have the upperhand due to the risk involved. But a couple well placed flashbangs and smokes can ruin any advantage a T has. This is the common counter-action to this tactic.

On another note, most often the last hosties to be rescued in office are the projector room hosties. T's who use hosties for cover also risk the hosties being killed and, if the other set has been rescued, they risk losing that round.

I don't think this tactic is so much of an advantage that the CT's can't overcome it. And I do think the blade can cut both ways on this one.

But I do agree that it is somewhat bad form, I don't do it very often myself. But I also think CT's rushing storage room right off the bat without any planning or strategy is also in bad form. When I see this rush coming, that's usually when I start looking for cover like this.

So, ultimately, bad form...sure. Unacceptable strategy? I personally do not think so.
      | | |

Comment

Before we start a whole new thread on a topic thoroughly discussed (in more places than one):

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...s-shields.html

Comment

Originally posted by poe View Post
          Before we start a whole new thread on a topic thoroughly discussed (in more places than one):

Thanks Poe! :D
          | | |

Comment

What if your deeply in love with one of the hosties and they said they would take a bullet for you and stand infront of you? lol

We cant help if the dang hostie gets in the line of fire haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper Bob View Post
              What if your deeply in love with one of the hosties and they said they would take a bullet for you and stand infront of you? lol

We cant help if the dang hostie gets in the line of fire haha.
              i havnt seen any female hosties in a long time.. hmmmm

Comment

As poe posted, refer here.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement