This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is defusing thru objects allowed?

I was playing on de_train as a T, saw someone plant a bomb on top of a train. Then later someone was defusing the bomb, but I couldn't see him at all. He was defusing the bomb from under the train. Now obviously you can't defuse a bomb through a train in real life, so what's up with that?

Allowed or not?

Re: is defusing thru objects allowed?

Have seen it happen many times without complaint. Hardly anyone plants the bomb on top of the train due to this.

Comment

I've never heard an official ruling...but I've never heard anyone complain about it either. I always plant on the connector bracket thing on the end or underneath the train itself.
      | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
        I've never heard an official ruling...
        Well, I hate to say it, because I know someone will come along to remind me where I am... but... for what it's worth...

Diffusing through an object is officially against the CAL rules.

That's about as "official" as it gets.

This line in the TG Primer should be tattood to people's forheads.

"...rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team."

I feel the primer clearly says "No, you can't take advantage of an in game glitch."

-Aaron

Comment

I'm in the opinion that it's pretty poor TG sportsmanship to defuse through objects...I don't do it personally. But knowing that people can defuse through objects I tend to plant somewhere less exploitable. If it happens, I don't get mad. I wouldn't be surprised though if an admin eventually ruled it unacceptable. But right now I don't know of any ruling offhand...but I do believe there was a thread about this a long long time ago if anyone cares enough to search.
          | | |

Comment

good question, lets wait for Roots response and decision

All I ask for is communication

Comment

I think for Professional CS purposes, diffuses should only be allowed with a clear line of sight on the bomb. It would be silly to promote realism on a PCS server and take advantage of this faulty game mechanic. I've only seen this done a few times so it's not a huge deal but yes it would be nice to have an SOP about it to refer players to.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                good question, lets wait for Roots response and decision
                I'm wondering if Root will ever be back! 3 more weeks I think.
                | | |

Comment

This topic has been discussed several times in the past. The ruling always has been that it is unrealistic, hence disallowed. You would not defuse the bomb from underneath a rail car when the bomb is above the car. That is a map exploit that has been taken advantage of in the past and strongly discouraged.

The counter argument was also brought up on maps where people plant a bomb where you cannot reach the bomb to diffuse. This has led to people having to trying to defuse from through an object or underneath. The bomb planting in that style is also disallowed, but out of necessity an unrealistic defuse was allowed.

You people are answering your own questions, which is good. Realism is what we are trying to achieve to a certain extent here on TG. We understand that there are certain things built into the game that are unrealistic, for example that you could jump up and down with a full kit (body armor and accessories), but that is why we try and self police the bunny hopping rule and similar oddities.

A ruling has been made and I hope you all continue to ask these types of questions about topics that you think donít make sense.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X