A map flaw or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A map flaw or not?

Ok here is the situation. On de_penstock, in the middle door on the T side there is a 1 inch crack right below the door. The problem is the T can fire on us with giving his exact position away. And if they plant at A and put the bomb right in front of the boxes facing the T middle door, it is almost impossible to defuse. Now I know that there are ways to combat this, for instance alot of smoke on both ends, send a squad to take him out, and so forth and so forth. I guess what I am trying to ask is that if that spot is a map flaw and shouldnt be exploited or was it there for that reason.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: A map flaw or not?

That would seem like a flaw, if the door is closed you shouldn't be able to see under. Also I think being able to shoot some and be hidden so they can't see you even if they look is a really big bug.

Comment

why is it almost impossible to defuse on the rail side of the boxes?

The door just was set all the way to the ground and has a crack in it. It's not a bug from what i can tell about what your saying.

- -

Comment

Big shutter doors like that don't always close properly IRL. I'm fine with T's shooting under it, even if it's me they're usually shooting.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I have never been able to get any kind of substantial hits from under there... the view is really for recon only... not kills IMO.
          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
            I have never been able to get any kind of substantial hits from under there... the view is really for recon only... not kills IMO.
            Yea right, last night Frost was pwning all of us...I am talking about headshot after headshot.

Comment

??? you cant even see heads from under there.... all I can see are feet running around. ahh maybe if you crouch and look under there maybe... but not standing.
              Dizlor

Comment

So I guess the consensus is that is legal...that is all I needed. Thanks guys:)

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                  I'm with you here. The view is so limited that you have to position yourself just right to get any shots off. I've played the hell out of penstock and have never seen anyone abusing this "bug"

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                    So I guess the consensus is that is legal...that is all I needed. Thanks guys:)
                    I'm interested in hearing what's almost impossible with defusing the bomb on the rail side.

- -

Comment

smoke and open the door, right?

Comment

i personally always open the door if i am going to shoot from mid because i HATE that the T's have the ability to shoot from that crack. You are almost required to lose the person you have watching the red room. If there is a CT watching red room then he will be taking fire from two directions 1. being from the T's at the red room stairs and 2. being from the person shooting from under the crack. Now the CT cannot stay where he is or he will die and if he falls back then he has a long run through middle and he more than certain to be killed. Plus as he falls back he has no way to return fire to the T shooting from beneath the door since the door is closed and the T cannot be seen. Its a jerk spot. The people in the CT gargae cannot poke out too much or they to will be shot by the T at the middle door. If the T's were to rush red room, then the CT at middle cannot poke out until the T's are pretty much on top of the B site (cuz if he pokes out then he will be shot by the T at the middle door who he cannot see because the door is closed...). The CT's will be limited in thier setup beacese of a glitch.

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                        I'm interested in hearing what's almost impossible with defusing the bomb on the rail side.
                        If the door remains closed, then the T's have that gap to look into mid. If the bomb is planted between the boxes and the railing on bombsite B, then it is CLEARLY visible form the gap at the middle door. Since teh CT cannot see the T through the gap he cannot return fire in an effective manner. If the CT were to try and open the door and eliminate the T before he defused, he would surely be killed before getting anyware near the door.

All in all, it's mean and unfair and it makes me cry when i get my feet shot by a scout and 40% of my HP is gone.

I vote that the door could be used for recon, but no gunfire from beneath that crack. Thats my two cents, but if it is legal then its legal and i shall simply be more careful.
                        :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                        |
                        |
                        .\__\
                        ...../

Comment

What about smoking the door then opening it from the CT side to avoid this problem? Granted you open yourself up more but you also don't have to worry about an enemy you cannot see. :)

Comment

i agree with the smoke idea but disagree with the using it only for recon cause it will only get used that way when an admin with the power to slay/kick is playing. If no admin is playing then people will simply say "oops sorry i forgot" and continue to do it till an admin comes on. Now im not saying that everyone will do this but I can bet that some will still do it.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

yea smoking the door is an option, but it will require one of the CT's to move out of position to open a door he may never reach. Even if he were to open the door, a well placed nade or quick spray from a rifle will to a decent amount of damage. All i am saying is that is is a CLOSED door with NO windows. To me that says that there really is no gunfire that is meant to pass it unless the door is open.
                              :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                              |
                              |
                              .\__\
                              ...../

Comment

Working...
                              X