Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Schwa's Guide: de_aaa Defense.

Originally posted by Greflin View Post
    So, after the exchange of flashes you call forbackup without actualy seeing anything as long as they are still showing a pressence? Which makes for a perfect distraction because people will leave B, and the t's can run right in set up shop, all because backup was called for without a bomb being spotted or suffecient knowledge of the opfor numbers?
    This is a good point Greflin. One of my favorite tactics is to send an entire team of T's minus two (bomber and one other) to rush A hard. Making lost of noise and engaging heavily any opposition. While at the same time the bomber and his buddy creep up cats to B. This works pretty well most of the time. Especially if you wait it out just long enough for CT's to respond fully to the threat at A.

Once T's at A have made their point, they then sweep on over to B to engage anyone who might still be en route to A.
    | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
      No matter what plan a defending team uses, if the OpFor happens to use the correct counter-plan, they stand a better than average chance of winning.
      And this is exactly why every solid tactic is as credible as any other. Through discussion and debate we get a much better understanding of what to expect and how to react in many different scenarios.

On the offensive I'm always taking note each round of who is where and what they are doing. If I notice the Defense is pretty much setting up in the same positions every round I try to come up with something to counter that.

I'd love to see a playbook of TG tactics with input from anyone and everyone. This would be a great resource to those who enjoy planning and leading.
      | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
        I'd love to see a playbook of TG tactics with input from anyone and everyone. This would be a great resource to those who enjoy planning and leading.
        We're partway there. Schwa has given us two articles already. I understand he has more in the pipeline. What I can do, is copy the tactics to another location without the associated discussion, and we'll have them all in one place. Whistler will assist me in this.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

For sure. I'm hoping my penstock breakdown is better organized than this one and people can use the resources to draw up their own gameplan.

I admit, my de_AAA thread is in it's infancy compared to the penstock one. I hope to improve over time, and suggestions how to improve the style are appreciated.

-Aaron

Comment

I am pleased with the tactic discussion these threads have brought up Schwa, bravo.

Comment

Something that I've noticed about this map is that a lot of players prefer to gaurd B. Whenever players are left to choose where to defend, most choose B. This has led me to be at A almost every time I play this map as CT. I have personally done both strategies mentioned here for gaurding A, and I always inform my team of whether I will be gaurding inside or outside.

When I'm gaurding inside, I hide on top of the large box in the corner, because the enemy rarely checks that position. If the enemies split up so that a small group enters the inside of the bombsite while the rest secure the outside, I usually win. If the group entering the bombsite is large, they swarm over me like ants, and cream me. Of course this could possibly be avoided if I used a flash, but even after playing CSS for more than a month (more than 2 I think), I still sometimes forget when is a good time to use a flash until after that time has passed.

When I'm gaurding outside, I use what schwa labelled as position 5. This is my preferred position with a bullpup. If you are properly placed in this position you can see both entrances the enemy can use (both the ground and that cats). The cover from this position is very good, so you can target enemies with relative safety. One very important note about this position, is that if the enemy is able to circle around the crate, you lose all of these advantages, and the enemy is in a superior position. This means that once the enemy is aware of your position and moving, you should move immediately.

If the Ts are rushing A ground, a player at position 5 should not stay at position 5. They should alert their team that the Ts are rushing A ground, fall back, and as they are falling back, toss a flash over the fence. This hopefully will break the T rush before the Ts arrive at the bombsite itself. Then this player should move to a new position near the doorway to A that is closer to CT spawn. If the Ts are moving slowly through A ground, alert your team, and try to pick off a few before changing position. The Ts will be less eager to move forward. If the Ts are going cats, I have always been able to pick them off with a bullpup before they could get very far out onto the cats, so I have had no problems. However, if they were to get a significant distance onto the cats, I would probably move to the inside of bombsite A, and while I was passing under the cats, fire a few more shots at them for good measure.
              - Drake_Anra

Comment

Originally posted by nhammen View Post
                Something that I've noticed about this map is that a lot of players prefer to gaurd B. Whenever players are left to choose where to defend, most choose B.
                What makes B the prefered choice? Is it harder or easier to secure than A?
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                  What makes B the prefered choice? Is it harder or easier to secure than A?
                  I find it is definitely easier to secure than A. Which is why I'm baffled that B is more often than not overmanned. It only takes 2-3 guys at tops to lock B down imo. When I'm on CT's I always find myself at A as well...more often than not I'm alone or with one other teammate.
                  | | |

Comment

I find it is definitely easier to secure than A. Which is why I'm baffled that B is more often than not overmanned. It only takes 2-3 guys at tops to lock B down imo. When I'm on CT's I always find myself at A as well...more often than not I'm alone or with one other teammate.
                    Essentially, there are 3 ways to the plant spot at B (although you could claim 4 routes if you include both sets of stairs to the plant spot). There is pretty much one route to A (at some point you have to cross that large open area, be it on the ground or on the catwalk), with 2 breach points. You could have a second route to A, by going ground to B, then taking the normal CT route to A, but I would suggest that the amount of carnage necessary to do that would have people questioning the intent of the T team. If the T's kill all (or whats likely to be all) the CT's at one site, the most likely reason for then proceeding to the next site is killwhoring.
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

If I ever end up the last guy, I tend to watch B- In one good spot, you can watch most of the ways leading into the site, while remaning in good cover, and being camoflagued by darkness (Muzzle fire aside). There's nothing I enjoy more than guarding B with a Famas when T's start pouring out of the woodworks.

Also, I find it easier to take back A than to defend it- I dunno if that's just me and my superior rushing skillz or what :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X