No announcement yet.

Schwa's Guide: de_Penstock. Defense.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Schwa's Guide: de_Penstock. Defense.

Originally posted by What Is Schwa? View Post

Sewer Guy will often find himself round after round doing very little. For this reason, the weakest member of the squad should be assigned to this position.
    I don't always find this true. If all the other positions are compromised, and steam room is the only room that hasn't been assaulted, you'd want a pretty decent shooter, right?? Because as you've stated, he can move to either bombsite A or B, and wherever he pops out, he has a pretty good vantage point. Personally, whenever I get the chance to plan, I put a good shooter there, because as you've also stated, he can move up catwalks and provide cover, and can also move to bombsite A. And if the coverage by the steam room guy is sufficient, then he might just take out a few pesky terrorists, etc. You get the idea.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys!

I wasn't expecting the Sewer Guy to be such a hot position!

When designing my strategy I wasn't thinking "how can I win every round?" Instead, I was trying to manipulate the map to give the CTs advantage over the course of 17 rounds.

It has been my experience on Penstock that a T sewer movement is a rare event. The CT side clearly has a better position here, and one defender will inflict greater damage on the opposing force.

However, true for any position, a 6 man T rush probobly will overcome one defender. That isn't important in this case. The typical T Sewer movement is one of stealth. Often the T team will create a diversion elsewhere, and hope to sneak the bomber up the Sewer ladder. If every T attempt at Sewer movement is met with opposition they will likely abandon the route as an option. For this reason, I want the weakest defender to be Sewer Guy, as he won't see much action after the first few rounds.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
        Water attacks are some of the best attacks on this map. 1 defender will not kill more than 2 T's and then the T's have a clear run to A. my opinion. Well done Schwa
        I usually always play sewers when I play this map.(this is sgmtg540) And I NEVER let anyone up the sewers even if 7 guys come out. All u do is spray, flash, nade, flash. They wouldnt be able to get up.

Comment

I remember doing pretty well in a 2 vrs. 3 match a while ago where there were two CTs, myself included, versus 3 T's. I think it's always a good idea stick to a heavily defensive strategy when you're outnumbered and you're on defense. I believe I had my best ever game then.

On a side note, be wary about jumping over guardrails on that map. As a terrorist I came out towards Bomb site A and was about to jump over the guard rails when I was hit by fire, I still jumped over the guard rails but got called out for jumping while getting shot at. Just be wary that others might have the same intention :)

Comment

Originally posted by Long View Post
            I usually always play sewers when I play this map.(this is sgmtg540) And I NEVER let anyone up the sewers even if 7 guys come out. All u do is spray, flash, nade, flash. They wouldnt be able to get up.
            Sure this works if your comfortable sitting there. If you have opfor on your tail it's a different story :)

- -

Comment

Sewers are rarely useful. When a Ct is guarding them, they are a deathtrap, and rarely work. If no CTs have been guarding sewers for a few rounds they can be useful. Another strategy that I have used effectively (and sometimes not so effectively), is to have everyone attack catwalks, so that the sewer guy gets drawn out, and then the bomb goes sewers. The most effective use I have seen from sewers is to use it when there are almost no enemies left, because if they are smart, they are guarding positions that have a sight on more than one entrance.
              - Drake_Anra

Comment

Oh it's not just catwalks that gets the attention. If they have contacting coming out from all areas, that usually gets them uncomfortable. However if there is 0 communication on the other team then they probably don't care what's happening and are just waiting for the kill.

- -

Comment

If Ts make successful rushes through sewers they will almost always get careless and only be worried with the close combat, this is where a good sewer man will hide behind the cars (with clarion, m4, bullpup) protected from any flashes they throw up and just mow them down when they reach the top of the ladder, if he happens to accidentally let one through he is required to communicate with the catwalks team that one evaded his sights. Just another position to consider.

Comment

One other problem with the sewer rush is getting the entire team into the water without the sound. Crouch, move into the water slowly. But with a big group, it isn't that hard for at least one person (esp if newer) to mess up and splash.

Then someone on CT side might hear (depends on their locations) and shout water. Then even if it wasn't guarded... it is now.
                    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

YEah u can be heard in the red room also. In the water you must space out until its time to rush up ladder, or you will hop up on top of another player and fall to splash.

FUN FUN

Comment

I cant find this map anywhere online, someone please help!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X