sitting in the corner (cs_negociator)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sitting in the corner (cs_negociator)

Many times on T side, I have jumped up on the wall and sat in the corner to guard the hallway to the upper hostages. Anyone in the vents can not see me, where as they could if I was on the ground, and i can still see the opening to the hostie room.

I was just wondering if this was acceptable, or not since the ledge i sit on is really small. Just to clarify, I'm talking about the corner specifically, not wallhugging all together, since in this case there would be nothing to brace yourself on and would slip off without a doubt in reality.

Re: sitting in the corner (cs_negociator)

I'm not quite familiar with where you're referring to. Can you be a bit more specific?
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

On this map most of the walls have a small little part that comes out and you can jump up on to, too small to be able to stably stand on in reality. However in a corner you could use the two walls to brace your feet on so that you could put most of your weight on to the back wall, possibly making stability on this possible, though I'm not sure of this so I am wondering whether it is acceptable to do so or not.

Comment

This one's been brought up before, it's frowned upon, and I no longer do it myself.

Comment

Frowned upon. No way you could ever balance yourself in a crouching or standing position on an inch thick protrusion of a wall in real life. It is simply an exploit of the game engine that gives a player a unfair advantage over his competitors and as such a violation of several parts of the TG Primer.

Case Closed.
          -Zephyr
          You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
          We are not a single game.
          We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
          We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Jackie Chan could do it! :) No really if you think it's not possible for someone to do it that isn't a martial arts master then...you probably have cause for a " don't do that" thought. Just like seeing through walls on other maps from a ledge...most people don't carry a x-ray machine with them so...

See what I mean?
            Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
            Sir Winston Churchill
            British politician (1874 - 1965)

Comment

And fire an m4? Probably not.

Most likely the protrusion was put there for a graphical effect rather than a real object to use. It's a wonderful feature of the valve engine to be able to stand on a 3 inch ledge!

- -

Comment

Okay then, I won't do it again, I did a search under the map name but couldnt find anything so I just made a new thread. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X