This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppressing Fire

I see this tactic very seldom used, even though it is a very useful one. When an enemy position is known and in the route to the area you need to get to suppressing fire can go a long way. The hostile usually won't poke his head out when bullets are flying every open area that he could poke his head out to get a few rounds off.

While one or two or maybe more people are providing suppressive fire, the other group can move up closer to the objective. If needed a kind of "leapfrog" of suppressive fire can be used, where the team that just moved up takes cover and then provides the suppressive fire to the team that is behind.

Now I know that this has probably been mentioned before, but I just want to revive the tactic and see some people use it. One good place it can be used, a place i use it a lot, is long hall in office extended, firing at the window panning from side to side while your team moves up to the next hallway or across to the side hallway without being picked off by the sniper that usually takes up a post there.

Re: Suppressing Fire

Originally posted by Kelivut View Post
    While one or two or maybe more people are providing suppressive fire, the other group can move up closer to the objective. If needed a kind of "leapfrog" of suppressive fire can be used, where the team that just moved up takes cover and then provides the suppressive fire to the team that is behind.
    Ben and I once taught a group of players how to advance by leapfrog, and combined with suppressive fire, we were pretty devestating. Unfortunately, being under fire isn't the best time to teach a new tactic, and we started getting hammered once we got to close quarters, but that doesn't take away the effectiveness of suppression.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Yes, well when you yourself are under suppression sticking your head out rarely ever is a good choice, its usually better to retreat, re-group and find a better position to defend/attack the objective from, making sure not to give away that new position so you won't come under more suppression.

However, too much suppression also can be a bad thing, you don't want to run yourself out of ammo.

I was just stating that it is a tactic I see way to seldom used, and would like to see more people use it, and make their team aware that they will provide such suppressing fire.

Comment

People probably notice I use this a lot. That is, if you consider what I'm doing covering you rather than being a combination of being skittish and unable to aim. I've seen this strategy used very effectively on negotiator in tight hallways and it's also been very useful in some open sections of dust. Keep firing where the enemy was and, surprise, he won't come out to fire any more shots. People's urge to live is far more powerful than their urge to kill others. This also works very well in aaa, and I think it would work wonders in kismayo but I've not gotten the chance to do such actions there.
        -Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
        We are not a single game.
        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I've done it several times to cover other people, but without a mic it's hard to tell them I'm doing it for their benifit. Yet another reason I should get one. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kelivut View Post
            I've done it several times to cover other people, but without a mic it's hard to tell them I'm doing it for their benifit. Yet another reason I should get one. :)
            There's no doubt that the more players on the server, who are both effective communicators, and have a mic, the better the quality of teamwork.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Sorry to butt in (I don't play CSS) :D

But here's a similar thread in the BF2142 forum. Obviously, many tactics are common to various games.

Here's a nice video on the Indian sprint from the ArmA forum for your enjoyment :)

Cheers.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                Sorry to butt in (I don't play CSS) :D
                But WHY don't you play? We always have room for more oddballs *ahem* TG'ers on the server.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It's an excellent team-work related tactic that I use regularly, it's also a good panicer, and panic-laiden tactic.
                  If you use it to blitz an enemy position with a team mate in tow you will regularly find intelligent opponents diving out from cover after you've expended your clip into the muzzle of your team mate.
                  It's also one powerful defensive and reactionary tool - suppression fire can force off an attacker, and it can also completely lock down an access point.

Comment

I rarely seem to use this tactic, and actually rarely see it used on the server - I'll have to try and use this more often and hopefully effectively :)

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
                      But WHY don't you play? We always have room for more oddballs *ahem* TG'ers on the server.
                      I know I should (I have it installed). Maybe next time you guys host n00b night I'll give it a *shot* :D

Cheers!.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

noob night tonight.. lol.. ill be on around 6 so spread the word to join the server

maybe someone tonight will start a suppressing fire fad

Comment

When using suppressing fire tactics please let your teammates know on voice chat or otherwise to actually make it beneficial. Otherwise people will assume you are just shooting like a crazy _____ gone wild!

Comment

quick question what about using flash and smokes to keep the enemies from peeking then you go for the kill thus removing them as a threat. It's faster easier and just as effective.

Comment

This is a good idea and with the right planning it could really help get close to the objective. I also think people need to cover and move more. The one thing I see always happen is that when an enemy is spotted in everyone's view the whole team wants to shoot at them. I would be good to get set up in a position and call out each player to watch key points while the rest move up.
                              DUNAGAN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X