Flanking? (dust2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flanking? (dust2)

I was on Dust2 and only a few CT's were alive, and 1 T left with the bomb, he was the entrance to the B tunnels from the T spawn, and he was just firing some shots, if we knew he was there, could we send a guy through the middle and come up from behind him at T spawn? It would be rushing, but we know where he is so it's not technically rushing in we are just surrounding the bomber from any escapes.
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Re: Flanking? (dust2)

your suppose to guard the bomb site not try and kill the bomber if you camp the sites he wont be able to plant that is your objective

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
      could we send a guy through the middle and come up from behind him at T spawn?.
      Have you ever heard of a time where going thru the OpFor's spawn(unless the bomb is down/planted) to get a kill is acceptable ??? Like jimmy said.. protect the sites.. he has a timer, not you.
      Dizlor

Comment

In this situation no, You have 2 guys and there is 1. If you split up, you make it easier for him to take you out one at a time, No matter what the proposed action might be. As mentioned he has a timer so find a very defendable spot at the site and both of you cover each other.

- -

Comment

So how about if there are let's say 4vs2, and you know that the bomb carrier is in the tunnels, wouldn't surrounding them technically be protecting the bomb?

Comment

Ideally, in real life, you wouldn't know that he was the only one left. I don't know if it's possible to hide the scoreboard's "Dead" status, but it would be really useful. You shouldn't use knowledge given by a fault in the game engine's design to adjust your tactics.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
              Ideally, in real life, you wouldn't know that he was the only one left. I don't know if it's possible to hide the scoreboard's "Dead" status, but it would be really useful. You shouldn't use knowledge given by a fault in the game engine's design to adjust your tactics.
              Since it is part of the game and we all know it this has an effect on your decisions.

So how about if there are let's say 4vs2, and you know that the bomb carrier is in the tunnels, wouldn't surrounding them technically be protecting the bomb?
              It's possible but that's situational. Depends on the communication, location and loadouts. It's a risk either way deviating from a designating area that you know the opposition has to go to. You'll see some PCS players act successfully with Risk because they know how to do it. Most just end up either getting lucky or dying. All situational and on the spot decision making. For better or worse you do it with objective in mind.

- -

Comment

As said before objective...objective...objective....

Always have to be careful because if it is a smart T he is probably trying to pull you out... I have seen it a few times where there is 3 vs 1 and the CT's do not hide they try and pick off that last guy instead of waiting for him to come to them. I have seen 1 man finish off the remaining team because they got....IMPATIENT!

Use the clock to your advantage...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I have been able to take a situation from 5v1 to a 2v1 in a matter of minutes with only a scout, rifle or smg. But the most important part of TG is the objective. Take it like this, if you leave the objective to go after targets ask yourself this. Is the objective still being guarded, is he still there or has he moved on, are the others on my team aware of where he was and my intentions, but most important thing I think is can what I am doing be considered kill hunting. These are good questions you can think of in every situation on the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
                    Keep in mind that unless spotted, you don't actually know that he has the bomb. The bomb could be on the other side of the map and one of your guys may have just missed it is all. Never assume.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by -delta- View Post
                      Keep in mind that unless spotted, you don't actually know that he has the bomb. The bomb could be on the other side of the map and one of your guys may have just missed it is all. Never assume.
                      This is a good point but logic tells us they will most likely stick together as per our style of play. Splitting up would mean the bomb out alone and possibly down surrounded by ct's.

If anything the bomb will be in a safe location which makes getting to it or finding it pretty hard. Best bet is always stick to where they have to go, that's a sure win. If you happen to know the exact information and make a quick decision call, so be it, you live or die by that decision.

- -

Comment

this was a different map but the same idea was discussed a while ago...
                        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/counter...tml#post252611

Granted in that thread the response was completely different. That being said, I would agree with the new advice over the old. Though killing a bomber while knowing he is the only one left is more of a sure deal than just camping a bomb site, the way some players perform nowadays on this server if it might be a trap, it most likely is.

-----------------------------------------
                        WMDs: Iraq 0
                        Albuquerque, NM 2500
                        -----------------------------------------

Comment

The most important part you just mentioned mohekan is: "the way some players perform nowadays on this server if it might be a trap, it most likely is.
                          "

The level of play is very high right now. Everyone is communicating and these things seem more like suicide because the other team usually is covering there 6. This is how it should be!

- -

Comment

Yeah, I'm really impressed with the quality of the server. I don't think I've had to watch a fragmonkey for a good month or so now.
                            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X