Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defending office07

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
    I tried to do this after you taught to me awhile back. It was a complete failure cause nobody would understand what i was saying. I really hope a lot of people read this.
    Nerd, For this to work you have to get your teams attention while dead, explain it to them, that way when you respawn, you can zip right in there with just specific placement instructions. (team leader should always take the couch postion) Dont order people to do it, ask for volunteers. There are usually a few that will go with ya..
    I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
    It makes small numbers formidable
    procures success to the weak
    and esteem to all.

Comment

I believe Vulcan was refering to #4 who coult be hit on the left side if he is not careful. Perhaps staging him in the long hall to watch the bathrooms in first stage possitions would prevent that from happening.

PS sorry for butchering the map.

-----------------------------------------
      WMDs: Iraq 0
      Albuquerque, NM 2500
      -----------------------------------------

Comment

Hahaha, nice picture. Ideally your teammates would be watching that for you; the four-man team doesn't stand on its own.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

The red line is what i was talking about. If a ct came from the bathroom area unnoticed, he would have a free shot at the T's back in the middle without being in the line of fire from his buddies.

That could just as easily cover the same area by moving back towards the wall behind him and not be exposed, forcing any ct's to come within the line of fire from his buddies.

- -

Comment

Again, the bathroom should be covered by teammates. Also, the man targeted by the red arrow is not required to sit in that exact position. Normally I check behind me to make sure I'm not visible from a doorway like that.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

with 4 people in front office, how are you gonna watch bathrooms and the hostages?

- -

Comment

Front office takes care of the rear hostages; the other four can devote their attention to guarding the entrance to the Projector Room area. If you have someone guarding a scout (who's looking down the main hallway, essentially guarding the bathrooms) from a garage flank, you're all set. This map, and the original cs_office, really only has two entry points.
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

If that's part of the overall plan. My point still stands that this in itself has that flaw, that's it.

- -

Comment

It's not designed for a four-man team; it's designed for a squad of four in an eight-man team. I've seen this strategy, or close ones, work fine, and I've seen strategies that involve leaving the front office alone work just as well. I like this map because there are a few different ways to defend it and a few different ways to assault it.
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by I.R. Hogan View Post
                      Nerd, For this to work you have to get your teams attention while dead, explain it to them, that way when you respawn, you can zip right in there with just specific placement instructions. (team leader should always take the couch postion) Dont order people to do it, ask for volunteers. There are usually a few that will go with ya..
                      I did and they still didn't get it. I don't mean hat they don't listen, maybe im a bad leader.
                      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Only problem I see is the all-or-nothing focus. There's no defense-in-depth (i.e. if one team gets smashed, then the other team's position is automatically compromised). Nowhere for the other team to fall back to.

But you already acknowledged that. And besides, if there's only 4 T's left, then it's a "last stand" anyway, so a defense-in-depth has already failed and THIS is the final line that the CTs have to break. Better to use a good tactic like this than have everyone run pell-mell.

Comment

Tbh though all it takes is a few nades and that 4 man squad is a 4 man history, id hate to place that many people so far out, Just place your two best shooters in there and then have some one in the long hall who can cover them as they retreat, after their position is compromised.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X