X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing a room

got this of a web site:

1.) Stack Up
    In this example the element stacks up on one side of the door (where the door handle is located). R1 is in the prone position, R2 is covering R1 and the opposite side of the door (i.e hallway). The element leader is between the two teams, and also covers the hallway. B1 covers the right hand side of the stack, while B2 is guarding the rear (i.e. hallway).

2.) Open the door, deploy flashbang
    While R2 is covering the door, R1 (still in the prone position) opens the door, weapon at the ready. If no immediate threat is encounterd, R2 throws in a flashbang.

3.) The fatal funnel
    R1 enters first, an covers the right half of the room. R2 is following immediately and covers the left side of the room. B1 and B2 are covering from the outside, getting ready to enter behind RT. Clear the doorway right away!

4.) Clearing the room
    R1 goes to the right far corner, pointing his weapon to the opposite corner. R2 clears to the near left corner, pointing his waepon to the opposite wall. The far left corner is called "No-Man's-Land". Never point your weapon to the direction of a teammember!

5.) Secure!
    R1 goes to the right far corner, pointing his weapon to "No-Man's-Land". R2 clears to the near left corner, pointing his waepon to "No-Man's-Land". Never point your weapon to the direction of a teammember!
    B1 follows and goes to the near right corner, followed by B2 who stays near the door and covers it. B1 will cover upper areas (like balconys etc.), if there are any.
    The element leader is the last one who enters the room. He then may issue further orders.
    Attached Files

Re: Clearing a room

Cool!
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
      Cool!
      We tried this technique in POE2 :)

Check out the AAR!

That was fun!

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I was wondering if it would be better for number 1 to go immediately to the nearest corner and then move down the wall so that someone hiding there isn't able to shoot the assaulting team in the back

I don't know if in your plan that happens but going from the pictures it seemed to me that red 1 went straight in toward the middle rather than following the wall

Comment

I'm currently working an indepth post on basic and sound room clearing and breeching measures, but these diagrams are a pretty visual representation of the general idea.

A really basic thing to keep in mind, is that you need play off of whoever is you're point man.

If he goes left, you go right and vice versa, to often you'll see an entire stack team blow right through a room and never check corners or blind spots and get wasted from behind.

Clearly this wasn't written for CS though, as it is much slower paced (not to mention the prone bit =P )

Also, point man should expect, every time, to die. Horribly. His sacrifice should not be in vain though, as his teammates should be streaming in behind him to eliminate the threat he valiantly found.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse View Post

Also, point man should expect, every time, to die. Horribly. His sacrifice should not be in vain though, as his teammates should be streaming in behind him to eliminate the threat he valiantly found.
            thats what the flash is for

Comment

Flash or no flash, point man, point man, at least in CS, is the most dangerous position for a stack team

Comment

Yeah. In almost all cases most people attempt to take up positions where they will be least affected by a flash, and can move to defend the entrance as soon as they hear the pin pull or the door open. For counterstrike, that first person running in there covering one side is most likely dead. If the people defending the room have a crossfire, more will die. Of course it depends on whos doing the shooting but most of the time the people defending have the advantage in knowing exactly where the guys are coming in from, while they themselves could be in different places in the room. Its usually best to distract, or sandwitch, or suppress a defended area instead of stacking the door for counterstrike.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X