This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Firefights and aiming tactics

MP5 is all anyone needs. When I use it: 23 in 3 after dumping 20 rounds into a cranium and chest cavity. Everyone else: 108 in 2 from six miles away.

It makes me feel bad the rare times where I put bullets into someone and they register, knowing the poor, poor, inferiour creature couldn't have fought back if he wanted to. That puts a melancholy humor in the meat before dying, rendering it no good for eating. How am I supposed to gain power from eating the hearts of my enemies when your silly knockback stuff spoils most of them? No wonder I've been a playin'-like-crap whiny dork the last week. I HUNGER FOR SOULS!

Comment

(yup i believe that will sum up my feeling for the post above)

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

I disagree.

Before this mod, the defensive person didn't have as much of an advantage. The person being hit could easily return accurate fire. The installed mod makes your strategy possible because returning fire is exponentially more difficult.

Perhaps our experience with the mod has been different. I have found that in situations where I am advancing if I get hit I should take cover rather than try to return fire. Before this mod I would just fire back and usually kill the enemy.

In case my posts aren't clear: I love this mod. I think it enhances the server and puts emphasis on tactical play.

-Aaron

Comment

I agree with the loving of the mod for forcing tactical play. It allows me a better chance to not die! I was the one who would hit you first, be shooting and then you'd turn and HS me instantly.
          Break keyboard.
          Turn, take new keyboard off the top of the pile.
          Repeat.

Now, I can try to get the jump and it helps. (for me, anyway)
          "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
          Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
          " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Zombie thread. Get the torches.

Comment

I just have to say one thing, the "realism mod" does nothing against the deagle flick, it's a game code thing, if you like winning in one shot use a gun that likes to be flicked, deagle, ak, and Famas on burst are all this way. So's the glock. The UMP is 100% accurate no matter what first shot, if you quickswitch between shots you get the 100% accuracy back. Pump Shotty doesn't have recoil, but the autoshotty does. ak aimed at high center of mass fired in 2-3 round bursts recoils JUST right to make the 2nd shot a face shot. Medium range scoped scout is accurate while moving. Hence quickscoping while strafing for the scout. All these things cancel out the realism mods effects.

This all may sound like "cheating" but guess what in REAL combat knowing what your weapon reacts like is the first thing ANY soldier does. Militaries have their soldiers fire thousands of rounds to get accustom to the weapons. Pick your gun and learn it to the full extent.

If you M4 mainly on CT side, then use the Defender on T, if you AK mainly on T side well :-P learn the M4.

Comment

Wow and I love the M4 and Defender. Nice to know.

FUN FUN

Comment

Galil is a good gun in short and CQC, but it's completely different from M4. Except that in CS they're both 5.56mm tossers and thus don't give any one-hit-kills on fresh meat.

Comment

On esea (a community i dont feel like explaining) people will use awps/M4's/AKs and a deagle, and it close battle, instead of spraying with the weapon, they run back a bit, whip out the deagle, and BOOM headshot with one to 2 shots easily, idk how they learn to use a deagle better than a 30 clip M4 but its phenominal how they play with the deagle.
                    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by What Is Schwa? View Post
                      I disagree.

Before this mod, the defensive person didn't have as much of an advantage. The person being hit could easily return accurate fire. The installed mod makes your strategy possible because returning fire is exponentially more difficult.

Perhaps our experience with the mod has been different. I have found that in situations where I am advancing if I get hit I should take cover rather than try to return fire. Before this mod I would just fire back and usually kill the enemy.

In case my posts aren't clear: I love this mod. I think it enhances the server and puts emphasis on tactical play.

-Aaron

A lot of the time I find myself saying "ah ah I can't move" while getting shot, I know the bullets knock you a bit. And I think they slow you down too cuz thats always wot it feels like.

This seems to make it so I can't get into cover or retreat + I can't fire back accurately. =(

This leaves peeking the corner by running back and forth quickly. Witch is terribly unrealistic. tbh
                      CoD WaW = -Cloak-
                      CS:S/CoD4 = Cloak
                      BF2/BF2142 = Alucard_Zer0
                      EVE Online = Assassin Zer0

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard_Zer0 View Post
                        A lot of the time I find myself saying "ah ah I can't move" while getting shot, I know the bullets knock you a bit. And I think they slow you down too cuz thats always wot it feels like.

This seems to make it so I can't get into cover or retreat + I can't fire back accurately. =(

This leaves peeking the corner by running back and forth quickly. Witch is terribly unrealistic. tbh
                        Realistic being that we should take bullets like they are pancakes on christmas sunday eating more than we can fill in our tummies and still walk away without a hitch?

joking aside, bullets hurt, real bad. They should immobilize you completely but being a game we do want to have fun still. The emphasis is on teamwork. If you get hit, the guy with you takes out the shooter while you recover. That was the whole point.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X