Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gun Jams?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gun Jams?

    Killer kitty I think said what about Gun jams. So what about them? Is it too much for us to handle? Whew, if it gets anymore real around here I'm gonna have to where a helmet when I play


    P.S. Think tactics when your on the server guys, Don't push into any areas without good communication.

    Thank You


    FUN FUN



    FUN FUN

  • #2
    Re: Gun Jams?

    Idk about that one in the game but i would mind giving it a try. It sounds like it could be fun but at the same time sounds like it would get annoying. So we will have to wait and see.

    P.S. Think tactics when your on the server guys, Don't push into areas without good communication =P
    There are no winners in war.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Gun Jams?

      ye but u'd pissed if u get 1 on 1 with enemy and then jus jam.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Gun Jams?

        Please, no. It's bad enough you can lose a life to random hitreg weirdness, random lag spikes, random spray/recoil effects, and random barrel rolls into you and teleports you around. Do we need if( rand() < 0.0004f ) cout << "LOL PUNK'D BY DICE NOOB!/n"; too? Don't forget to add tripping on shoelaces, broken fingernails, and acid reflux.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Gun Jams?

          There's a line you must draw between real world and a computer game.

          Besides, gun jams really aren't all that prevalent. They were a huge deal back in the M16A1/A2 days, but my M4 has never jammed. Cleaning your weapon and making sure your magazines aren't **** go a long way.

          It also would be unrealistic to simulate something like the AK-47 jamming. You'd have to put that particular weapon through an ungodly amount of abuse before it jammed. Like, letting the bolt completely rust in place. Things of that nature. :P

          Many of the other weapons are in the same boat, especially on the Terrorist side, which includes weapons that are extremely rugged.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Gun Jams?

            Originally posted by 2 Para View Post
            ye but u'd pissed if u get 1 on 1 with enemy and then jus jam.
            So was the protagonist in Full Metal Jacket. His biggest problem was that he didn't hit Q to switch to his pistol.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Gun Jams?

              Fine line? When your dealing with realism is there a fine line? Maybe not all the guns but some of the guns that are known for it. Plus if your defending a site all day, when the team scores are, example 4 T's 5 CT's. Isn't it Time for some jamage? Because isnt each round just a wave of good versus evil?

              Let's Say Ouija is the last T. He's up against Gogeta, Magna and Hogan. Ouija is in projector room on office and Gogeta and Magna flash rush from Paper room. While Hogan rushes from the mid office room first and begins to shoot, Ouija has time to kill Gogeta and Magna after there Clarions jam at the same time. Then Ouija just kills the Bullet magnet last. That wouldnt be funny and realistic?

              And yes then they would know to whip out those pistols next time


              Thank you


              FUN FUN
              Last edited by sparhawkxx; 06-21-2007, 08:47 PM.



              FUN FUN

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Gun Jams?

                Clarion? lol, no. Say it with me... FAAAA MAAAAS. There you go.

                If both jammed at the same time, it'd suggest a flaw in the random number generator. Whoops, so much for realism, unless you find two independent lava lamps producing matching, quantum-entangled, globs to be commonplace.

                Here's an idea... next time you feel a need for a gun jam, quickly jump up out of your chair, realise you're playing a video game, have a beer, and by that time, I'm confident a moment will have passed where you would've wanted to fire a bullet but didn't for some reason. V_(^ω^)_V

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Gun Jams?

                  Wow! You took my fun away



                  FUN FUN



                  FUN FUN

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Gun Jams?

                    Dont give em any bad ideas.. Gun Jams = Very bad idea
                    I.R. Hogan |TG|


                    Discipline is the soul of an army.
                    It makes small numbers formidable
                    procures success to the weak
                    and esteem to all.

                    ,,


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Gun Jams?

                      Our COD2 server has that in it's realism mod and it was pretty cool, not to frequent and varying enough that it added to the gameplay nicely. I dunno about css though because it's a modern day strike force, these things shouldn't happen or very rarely anyway. That's just my opinion though and I don't truly know if this is common in the current swat teams/counter terrorism units but i suspect it isn't.


                      - -

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Gun Jams?

                        I don't know about guns so if it isnt real I wouldnt want it either.



                        FUN FUN

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Gun Jams?

                          Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                          Fine line? When your dealing with realism is there a fine line? Maybe not all the guns but some of the guns that are known for it. Plus if your defending a site all day, when the team scores are, example 4 T's 5 CT's. Isn't it Time for some jamage? Because isnt each round just a wave of good versus evil?

                          Let's Say Ouija is the last T. He's up against Gogeta, Magna and Hogan. Ouija is in projector room on office and Gogeta and Magna flash rush from Paper room. While Hogan rushes from the mid office room first and begins to shoot, Ouija has time to kill Gogeta and Magna after there Clarions jam at the same time. Then Ouija just kills the Bullet magnet last. That wouldnt be funny and realistic?

                          And yes then they would know to whip out those pistols next time


                          Thank you


                          FUN FUN
                          Uhh, Hogan? Owned? I do agree though with V. Strike forces now-a-days take damn good care of the machinery that's going to save their life. Unless something just goes terribly, terribly wrong, it just shouldn't happen.



                          Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                          Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                          Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

                          Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Gun Jams?

                            NO NO NO no no no.............Just stop already! Get what we have, refined, please. Like what was already stated, with all the randomness that already happens it is like having gun jam. Emptying full clip at enemy from 2ft away and not hitting them once is pretty much equal to a gun jam. The result is the same...DEAD. I'm thinking more in the direction with the randomness and bleedout and everything else that shortens your life, maybe we need to boost health to 125-150. I'm thinkin this would leave more players alive after the initial engagement. Maybe it would be nice to have someone be able to get a radar view without having to die to get it. Recon is real isn't it? IDK. It just seems to me that we are in a constant state of server changes without consistency.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Gun Jams?

                              Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                              Our COD2 server has that in it's realism mod and it was pretty cool, not to frequent and varying enough that it added to the gameplay nicely. I dunno about css though because it's a modern day strike force, these things shouldn't happen or very rarely anyway. That's just my opinion though and I don't truly know if this is common in the current swat teams/counter terrorism units but i suspect it isn't.
                              Exactly... it would be so extremely rare that unless you could replicated that in-game, it's probably not worth adding this mod.

                              ()

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X