How to use a smoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use a smoke

What I've noticed is that after throwing a smoke grenade, many people hang directly behind or next to the smoke. This is often extremely stupid behaviour, especially for a T who doesn't have an M4. The other day I got a nade kill and a headshot because people think that a smoke means being untouchable. A smoke should be used as a distraction, temporary cover while crossing an open area, or as cover when throwing nades. It will not protect you from bullets or nades. In fact, a smoke is a beacon(at least to me) that tells you to throw a nade at it. And even though the smoke grenade is a useful piece of equipment, having it doesn't mean you have to use it. Used wrong, it will alert the Opfor of your position, hinder your field of vision, and provide cover for the Opfor.

Re: How to use a smoke

Well said a smoke is a vital tool, also i use them alot as blocks when i come to junctions such as if your in an office type building and you come to a T junction, now if you smoke one direction then let it bloom you then can check the other direction while the smokes covering your rear. (it has saved my hind many a time from crossfire)

Also people even if your the type that doesn't like to use nades, you can still help your team mates out by buying them any way. (with the script we run you can always throw them to guys who use them often)

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Smokes are my jinx. I can mow down three M4s with a burst fire glock and gain health when shot for thirteen straight rounds, but the round I buy a smoke I eat 101 in 2 from a TMP at 200 yards. Every time.

Comment

You can also use your enemies smokes against them. They use it to distract and you use it for cover to plow through and mow him and his teamates down :)

P.S. Remeber when your outnumbered or your getting down to the wire, use short comms also for the simplest things. Like examples "checking window" and "checking stairs". It avoids the team kill and if you go down it alerts exactly where the enemy is :)

Thank You

FUN FUN

Comment

Yeah, one of the funniest things is seeing the two players left on the defending team shoot each other because they didn't communicate.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
            Yeah, one of the funniest things is seeing the two players left on the defending team shoot each other because they didn't communicate.
            Have you seen that?

Comment

Originally posted by Shardz View Post
              Have you seen that?
              I know I've done it especially when I'm on a de_ map as a CT and I'm rushing to the bomb site to defuse - I have shot teammates through the smoke not knowing they were there.
              The reason I call myself "the village idiot"? Name a teamate I haven't accidently shot yet.
              ----
              Playing as "Nikon", "the_village_idiot", or "villge_idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by Shardz View Post
                Have you seen that?
                Seen it? Son, I've been on the receiving end of this stuff.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

People really need to look at the radar more. I've had people run up behind me and shoot me just because they didn't look at the radar to know I was there.

Comment

Yes, I personally use the radar a lot. I'd be interested in finding out how often other people use it. I've heard a lot of mixed feelings. Some people say they barely ever look at it. Others, like me, look at it every time something happens.

Comment

The radar is an incredibly useful tool, and you should use it unless you have some other means of knowing where your teammates are.
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I look at it all the time. The radar has saved me numerous times. When running into rooms, I check the radar in case some teammates happened to assault the room before me and seen some enemies.

Comment

One of my favorite uses for a smoke is using it as a false flash. By throwing out a nade that looks and sounds like a flash (though it does have a few extra bounces), many enemies assume that it is one. This is useful in the sense that when a person thinks a flash has been thrown the first things they do is flee, turn, or wait for a slow, painful, blind death. Using the basic reaction, a person can actually throw it in a room and follow it directly and capture a plethora of people off guard who thought it was actually a flash. It works for me anyways.
                          STEAM_0:1:9809455

Comment

Yeah, but some people, like me, Aim at the closest entrance as soon as a flash comes in, and then I wait for a second and start spraying.

Comment

Can't beat the fake flash. More times you will distract with it. As far as radar If your not using it you should be slapped. Its only the most important tool in CSS. I watch that thing more then the big screen. I can help my team out of jams with it constantly.

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X