• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the village idiot
    replied
    Re: How to use a smoke

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
    I love throwing a smoke when we're pusing in because when i throw a flash immediatley after, they usually never see it through the smoke and BAM! they're blind and we nail them.

I usually end up being the one killed through the smoke when the other team flashes and we're all blinded to death

Leave a comment:

• Soulja
    replied

I love throwing a smoke when we're pusing in because when i throw a flash immediatley after, they usually never see it through the smoke and BAM! they're blind and we nail them.

Leave a comment:

• Potshot
    replied

Using the smoke as a cover after you've planted the bomb. Smoking entrances to the site work just as well as having someone cover said entrance. Enemies will be blind and unable to do anything When they try to cross, leaving one person able to take out everyone trying to get in.

Leave a comment:

• Toy Poodle
    replied

Smokes are very helpful. A good example is tonite playing urban warfare. Even with the small areas the smoke is a better tool then the flash. It can help u get across those sniping points and easily help you defuse a bomb and i mean easily. Remember people to always know the maps layouts before you bye.

If i am playing Urban warfare ill always buy a smoke and nade. But if i am playing a map such as office i will buy a nade and flashes. Just remember to always keep in mind what is going to be best for the overall match and not just that small area your going to be in.

One last thing, there are maps i would believe to be exceptions such as kismayo. Even tho it seems all outdoor and had lots of big areas the flash seems to work better for those close call occasions. I also believe the type of map such as Hostie or Bomb will determine this.

ugh i sound like im saying what people should already know (-_-;)

Leave a comment:

• sparhawkxx
    replied

Can't beat the fake flash. More times you will distract with it. As far as radar If your not using it you should be slapped. Its only the most important tool in CSS. I watch that thing more then the big screen. I can help my team out of jams with it constantly.

Leave a comment:

• Potshot
    replied

Yeah, but some people, like me, Aim at the closest entrance as soon as a flash comes in, and then I wait for a second and start spraying.

Leave a comment:

• Gutterpup
    replied

One of my favorite uses for a smoke is using it as a false flash. By throwing out a nade that looks and sounds like a flash (though it does have a few extra bounces), many enemies assume that it is one. This is useful in the sense that when a person thinks a flash has been thrown the first things they do is flee, turn, or wait for a slow, painful, blind death. Using the basic reaction, a person can actually throw it in a room and follow it directly and capture a plethora of people off guard who thought it was actually a flash. It works for me anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Potshot
    replied

I look at it all the time. The radar has saved me numerous times. When running into rooms, I check the radar in case some teammates happened to assault the room before me and seen some enemies.

Leave a comment:

• ednos
    replied

The radar is an incredibly useful tool, and you should use it unless you have some other means of knowing where your teammates are.

Leave a comment:

• Hectic
    replied

Yes, I personally use the radar a lot. I'd be interested in finding out how often other people use it. I've heard a lot of mixed feelings. Some people say they barely ever look at it. Others, like me, look at it every time something happens.

Leave a comment:

• Potshot
    replied

People really need to look at the radar more. I've had people run up behind me and shoot me just because they didn't look at the radar to know I was there.

Leave a comment:

• ednos
    replied

Originally posted by Shardz View Post
    Have you seen that?
    Seen it? Son, I've been on the receiving end of this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• the village idiot
    replied

Originally posted by Shardz View Post
    Have you seen that?
    I know I've done it especially when I'm on a de_ map as a CT and I'm rushing to the bomb site to defuse - I have shot teammates through the smoke not knowing they were there.

Leave a comment:

• Shardz
    replied

Originally posted by ednos View Post
    Yeah, one of the funniest things is seeing the two players left on the defending team shoot each other because they didn't communicate.
    Have you seen that?

Leave a comment:

• ednos
    replied

Yeah, one of the funniest things is seeing the two players left on the defending team shoot each other because they didn't communicate.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X