beirut2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beirut2

i had a thought on this map. i think that it should be perfectly fine that the t's move around the main building and the ground out side but when i was playing yesterday the terrorists were going all the way over to the stairs behind the blue roof. I'm not trying to complain but to me that seems a lil like kill hunting due to the fact that that the hosties can not even be seen from that sopt nor are they any where near that spot. can i get some help on this matter for future reference.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Re: beirut2

It tends to be off objective on this map. This map is simple and going up there really doesn't do anything for the team. It's a kill hunt spot for the most part. The only time it's a recon position is when the ct's leave the middle wall alone completely.

- -

Comment

It has certain tactical advantages for the terrorists to be able to determine the direction of the attack as well as lending support for the sniper in the tower as it takes the front right side roofs out of play for the CT's. Its also one spot where you can watch the two exit points if the hostages are being taken. There's more than one way to protect the hostages and standing in the room with them is not the only way.
      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I agree that corner is important for T's should be taken out first. Always remeber Example theres a plan to get the first set of hostages but you have to clear tower wall and outside grounds, then your plan might change to back set.

P.S. Check your attitudes and gameplay guys. Make wise decisions.

FUN FUN

Comment

A good scout can keep that wall clear with support fire from the ground. Actually going up there leads to a problem for most players, where they forget about the hostages and decide to go looking for kills.

- -

Comment

Well this map as well as others challenge the T's to mount an offensive defense and this spot can't be considered a choke point. If team calls hostile on blue roofs and a T is at the woodpile at stair it is only reasonable to attempt to clear that corner. The T's are in possession of a fortress and its not suppose to be safe for CT's anywhere on the grounds.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
              Well this map as well as others challenge the T's to mount an offensive defense and this spot can't be considered a choke point. If team calls hostile on blue roofs and a T is at the woodpile at stair it is only reasonable to attempt to clear that corner. The T's are in possession of a fortress and its not suppose to be safe for CT's anywhere on the grounds.
              Somebody on these forums has a quote in their signature about the term "offensive defense." Anyways, there are cases where going up there would be ok, but most of the time, this is going quite a bit out of the way to get a kill.
              - Drake_Anra

Comment

Going *anywhere* to get a kill is quite a bit out of the way of your objective.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                  Going *anywhere* to get a kill is quite a bit out of the way of your objective.

Not necessarily. Moving in to take out Counter Terrorists that are about to breach the "safe zone" seems like a logical move for the Terrorists. Might as well try to grab an extra kill while there. However, pursuing the enemy is a bit too much.

Comment

That's not "getting a kill"; that's killing to complete the objective, which is a part of the game. See the balance?
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I believe the T's should not be allowed to move anywhere. They should stand where they spawn and wait for the CTs to find them. Doing anything else is off-objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
                        Not necessarily. Moving in to take out Counter Terrorists that are about to breach the "safe zone" seems like a logical move for the Terrorists. Might as well try to grab an extra kill while there. However, pursuing the enemy is a bit too much.
                        First, there is never any such thing as a, "safe zone". Secondly, in response to Bronco's post, you may be able to watch two exits, but on the off chance that they sneak right by you? I'd rather not risk that chance. But why move out in the open where you can be picked easily to take out a CT? A CT of whom must come to you to complete his objective? Apologies if I didn't understand the context of the post. Please correct me if I didn't.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

get over it :) I join the ct for tha challenge.With 2 strong teams this is a map that needs to be played until the ct can beat the map. Very hard but fun map. Delta you just saying that so nobody camps there :) A T by the woodpile has lots of coverage from left side and back rightside not to mention the belltower from hell. The problem with this map its not a fast map. There is a full fight in the begining. CT have to call and mark the targets for multiple scouts or riflemen. you have 3 ways of getting in, by use of distraction or elimination you can enter the 2 doorsways or over the middle walls. Again slow and steady map, not run and gun to win. This is a very nice map.

P.S. Sometimes when your ahead of time with your objectives, example you rescued first set of hostages and you have a second set that only takes 45 seconds to run. You still have 5 min. left. Burn time by using it to pickoff or make your enemy nervous.

FUN FUN

Comment

Shh, they don't know that.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                            Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                            Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X