• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding Out

*taps microphone*

*clears throat*

*feedback whines, then fades*

Is this thing on? Uh, hello everybody.
    My name is Tritone and it has been one week since my last rush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find any posts about it.

Scenario : I've used my bandage already and just got shot again. I'm down to < 15 HP. I'm bleeding out.

Once my health starts to dip into the single digits, is it acceptable for a defender to move forward or an offensive player to take extra risks to flank the defenses and/or catch them off guard?

Obviously one wouldn't want to compromise the position of their team or do something to negatively impact their objectives, but if they are clearly doomed to bleed out in the near future, for what reason other than those should they simply sit back and let their life go to waste?

Either way, it is important to know as the situation will arise in the midst of firefights and there won't be much time to make this decision.

Re: Bleeding Out

Personally, I wait to see if I'm actually going to bleed out. With the regen system, you can usually get to a decent number. If it's to the point where you absolutely know you're going to bleed out and die, I'd do it. Try to make it somewhat quietly though, and take a different direction from the team. Mainly because with any luck, the OpFor will use their nades where you just died. Secondly, your position shows as an x on the mini-map when you die. If you're with your team, that just tells the OpFor where to look. Defensive wise though and you're bleeding out? Don't push.
    Protect the hostages or die trying.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
    Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
    Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

I haven't used this mod before, is there a writeup of the equations that it uses?

I understand the basic get shot, bandage, get shot again and bleed functionality but I assume it is slightly more complex than that.

Good point though if you're on the offensive and you don't want your bled-out red X to give away the whole team. Time to go crawl in a hole and die by yourself. And cry. Don't forget to cry about it.

Linkin Park CD's half off at the underpass.

Comment

I'm glad you brought this up. I had a CT bleeding out on Meatfactory, his health was still in the 20's but he must of asked me atleast 3 times till I finally let him flank through an advanced postion and not a killhunting position. Killhunting meaning he could of started at there spawn but didn't. As a leader I ask first if he used his bandage. I know that is not real but there are some that look for any reason to rush. Then i also waited and told him to take a way that wasnt off his objective. I waited because if your in the 20's you still have a good amount of time. Reason also is if you can pin point the enemy then the bleeder has a much better flanking arrangement. Please don't rush without comms and the ok from your leader. If you do and get kicked, your excuse is void. There is too many people rushing off yelling I'm bleeding out, please use comms and say what your doing, someone might have a live route for you. If we know where you are we can fill your position after you expire. I think I covered bleeding out as best as I can. By the way the CT that used comms effectively was Texas oil. And he did do us well thank you Texas and thank you Tritone.

FUN FUN

Comment

On a defense team, no don't rush out of position just because your dying. What is the difference if you die from a headshot where you stand and die from bleeding out where you stand? You might say I can do something before I die! Well you could have done that before you got shot and resulted in the bleeding out but your objective remains the same. You don't even have to look at your health numbers, just keep playing like you normally would. Every weapon even if it's a damaged person holding it is still better than nothing.

You also give them a weapon and nades when you die in an area they can access.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
            There is too many people rushing off yelling I'm bleeding out.
            Oops... hehe... umm... that's me every time my health reaches < 5 and counting ;)

Anyway, sometimes there's just absolutely nothing you can do for your team besides go down fighting. You might as well jump out and try and take someone with you. You can attract some fire and give your team a chance to move or hide as well. It's pointless to just curl up and die. There's no use in that. If it doesn't hurt your team or objective, it's fine to jump out and try and get one final headshot before your avatar is pushing up daisies.
            Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
              On a defense team, no don't rush out of position just because your dying. What is the difference if you die from a headshot where you stand and die from bleeding out where you stand? You might say I can do something before I die! Well you could have done that before you got shot and resulted in the bleeding out but your objective remains the same. You don't even have to look at your health numbers, just keep playing like you normally would. Every weapon even if it's a damaged person holding it is still better than nothing.

You also give them a weapon and nades when you die in an area they can access.
              Originally posted by highly_flammable View Post
              Oops... hehe... umm... that's me every time my health reaches < 5 and counting ;)

Anyway, sometimes there's just absolutely nothing you can do for your team besides go down fighting. You might as well jump out and try and take someone with you. You can attract some fire and give your team a chance to move or hide as well. It's pointless to just curl up and die. There's no use in that. If it doesn't hurt your team or objective, it's fine to jump out and try and get one final headshot before your avatar is pushing up daisies.
              Did you read that?

FUN FUN

Comment

Honestly, I'm still torn on this.
                It really depends on the situation.

I think, though, as a rule of thumb you HAVE to let your team know your intentions and give them a chance to respond. That does NOT mean simply shouting "I'M BLEEDING OUT" while rushing. You have to let them know and wait to see whether or not the leader feels you would help or hurt the current objective by running out.

I'd say that most of the time it would help, but there are definitely scenarios where you wouldn't want to give away your position or you wouldn't want to give the opposing team your gear.

Again, the PCS/TG standard is to play as realistically as possible. However, this isn't really possible in this scenario given that we don't have medics and there isn't an element of "Stay here, we'll get you out of here and to the hospital". In a real battle if you were that badly wounded you would most likely become an objective for the rest of your team to protect or, at the very least, you wouldn't be moving around.

Since these don't really apply I'd say again that the most important thing to do would be to progress your current objective. There is no way to say absolutely yes or absolutely no to this, you have to make that judgment call in the heat of battle and keep in mind the needs of your teammates.

Comment

Did you read that?
                  When you have 3 health left and it's blinking rapidly, and you have a good angle on a possible headshot (or a possibility to do damage to the enemy and therefore make yourself useful before you die), and you are isolated enough that you won't give away your team's position (or the enemy already knows their position), what help is it to sit in a hiding spot and die? IRL, if you knew you were about to die, would you just sit down and wait? No, you would die fighting.

What I'm not saying is this: when you've used your bandage and have low health, your objectives are null and you are free to run out and kamikaze into the enemy. If you will draw fire towards your team, you just made it harder for them. But what's the harm in trying to eliminate a couple more enemies on your way down? If it doesn't endanger your team or put your team further from the objective, there's no fault.
                  Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Keep your cool and use comms like your supposed to. Does that make more sense then what I typed?

FUN FUN

Comment

Much better.
                      Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Keep your cool and use comms like your supposed to. Does that make more sense then what I typed?
                        I, ah, I still don't understand.
                        I sold my Commodore years ago. Am I supposed to hook that into the intartubez as well? My computer is pretty hot, too. I don't know anything about "cool". I have fans and stuff making a bunch of noise inside the case but I'm pretty sure it's still hot in there.

One time I licked my GPU's heatsink and had NVIDIA burn-tattooed onto my tongue for a month*. The ladies seem to appreciate an avid gamer even more when their mouth is branded.

Anyway, I'm trying to make sense of what you said up there and I'm thoroughly confused. If I keep the Kool-Aid on top of my Commodore 64 my woofer might spill it and then I'll have to defraggle my motherboard again. Last time that happened I spent fourteen hours in the solid defraggelizer chamber and ended up missing the afternoon Oprah. They show Oprah really early in the morning, too, that's why I specified "Afternoon Oprah" so nobody got confused. I hate it when people get confused about Oprah. I said she was a cyborg but the president wouldn't believe me. ALL HAIL THE CYBERNETIC PHILANTHROPIST OVERLORD UNION.

I hope that made sense.

* I made this part up.

Comment

Originally posted by highly_flammable View Post
                          IRL, if you knew you were about to die, would you just sit down and wait? No, you would die fighting.
                          Are you kidding? In real life, you're screaming for a medic as you bleed to death on the ground at that point. If you can lift a gun and do any good with it, your name is Chow Yun-Fat, and you're starring in Full Contact, which is an excellent movie, by the way.
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

The ideal way to handle it is to give weapons and grenades to your team, maybe holding onto a pistol. If possible you want to stray a little from your team to draw fire and flush out the enemy positions, but without rushing or killhunting. Just strafe a little out of the way and fire at enemy positions. You'll draw fire and hopefully cause the enemy to expose themselves and give your team a shot before you bite the dust.

My 0.02$

Comment

Originally posted by Shardz View Post
                              My 0.02$
                              That's more than two cents IMO. I agree with Shardz, if you're bleeding out, do what you can to help the team until you finally bleed out. Giving your nades, weapons, and possibly covering fire, will help your team despite your being dead within seconds.
                              The reason I call myself "the village idiot"? Name a teamate I haven't accidently shot yet.
                              ----
                              Playing as "Nikon", "the_village_idiot", or "villge_idiot"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X