Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Tactical or Impractical> Was this intentionally removed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tactical or Impractical> Was this intentionally removed?

I noticed that my post is no longer here. That leads me to believe that it may have been removed. If this is the case could I please have an explanation as to why it was removed? If not, I'll assume that it was a mistake and repost. Thank you.

I was a little peeved it got removed because I wrote a really long response, but I'm assuming it did because, generally speaking, complaints should be directed through the proper admin channels before posting publicly.

I thought it was a decent post and opened a lot of discussion, but it was pretty anti-everything-that-is-TG, so I can understand if it got pulled.

Comment

Yes it was removed. I also wrote a long response but o well. Anyways the first half of your post was really good and a great thread starter but through out the post even though you did not mean it your words came across as putting down the TG server and its style of play. This could be one of the reasons it was taken down, that and what tritone said.

Also is your regards to flanking don't try it because you will put yourself in a risky situation that shouldn't happen in the first place, especially against a team full of really good players. It is better to sit back with the team to take people out then to put yourself in that flanking situation where the whole team is against you. It won't always work out for the better.
      There are no winners in war.

Comment

It was not a mistake. Keep tactics discussions only in this forum and complaints to private message to the admins.

- -

Comment

Now first of all, I would like state that what I am about to post is not meant to be offensive remark but an eye-opener instead.

My post was very well thought out, very professional and backed by references including rules to this forum. I went to painstaking lengths not to offend anyone and to keep it in the spirit of a free and open environment for the exchange of ideas. Free speech - so to speak.

I believe that I also made it very clear that my objective in posting was to enlighten rather to complain. This section is for the discussion of tactics, is it not?

Now I can understand the removal of totally off-topic posts, racist posts and otherwise hateful or sloppy posts but I'm sure anyone that read my post would agree that mine was none of the above.

When you cross into the realm of silencing those who have opinions that differ from yours you cross the realm into facism.

fas·cism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fash-iz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
          –noun
          1. (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often <racism>(i do not consider anyone here racist nor am I trying to compare anyone to Nazi's.)

Why would you not want difference of opinion? Isn't that how we all learn and grow? Isn't that what has made the USA a great country throughout its history? Now before any of you picture me sitting on a big horse in front of a giant stars and stripes banner with the echo of "God Bless America" in the background, I use that imagery not to come across as overly serious about the subject but to point out the importance of free exchange of ideas.

The funny thing is that if the position of TG is exactly as I fear it may be due to this past experience then this posting will not reach many eyes and will pretty much go unseen. I would not be surprised if it is removed almost immediately as was my last posting. I hope that this is not the case and that is why I am taking the time to post this reply. If that is the position of TG then no amount of fun, reliable team-play in the world could keep me loyal to such an organization.

I would also like to say that I realized lapses in judgment can innocently occur and if this is the case for the removal of my post then all is well and I will repost and we will have a nice healthy, gentleman's debate over the matter. If not I don't see how I could respect myself for staying loyal to an organization which practices such flagrant intolerance.

Comment

Re: Tactical or Impractical&gt; Was this intentionally removed?

Remember that part about PMing the admins if you have complaints?

*grabs popcorn*

This should well.

Last edited by .tritone.; 09-12-2007, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Please go read the SOP'S again.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by WHy?gEoff View Post
                If not I don't see how I could respect myself for staying loyal to an organization which practices such flagrant intolerance.
                TG is not intolerant. We're very tolerant of folks finding other communities if they don't want to follow the guidelines of our community.

We do things a certain way here. That's what appeals to the members of this community. It's not for everyone, and that's OK. We'll continue to attract the people that like our community, and other people will continue to think we're all a bunch of dummies or weirdos.

Variety is the spice of life, man. If you don't like the way this tastes, go find something that you DO like. But please don't begrudge all of us the fact that we like how things are here.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X