Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following Hosties

Okay, so here's one for you.

We were just on chateau - the hostie from sewers->basement had been taken and one of the T's went across the front yard to meet him at spawn for the kill/save/whatever. Well the hostie was rescued and he saw his head go back into the sewers.

The T then proceeded to follow the CT through the sewers and got him when he was going up the stairs into the rest of the house.

Should the T have gone back into the house when he saw the hostie was rescued?

Does the "boundaries are off" rule go away once the hosties that were taken have been rescued?

Also - I believe there was only one other T left on the map guarding the house.

Re: Following Hosties

As A terrorist both sets of hostages are to die for. The chase was positive until the hostages are saved. Although if it was the last CT with the 2 T's remaining that flank should be fine. More Ct's and that T needs to get back a differant route to help out his team. What your looking for in that case is where are the multiple CT? If you don't know you must be directly on your objective helping the team. COMUNICATION that you are going after hostages, and flanking known position of the enemy is an absolute must. If you pull that flank off and used no comms you deserve no reward.

P.S. If you make a steady plan that has worked say 3 rounds and on the 4th round the enemy has stacked up I find commanding your team to pull back and continue on a new route will give you that 4th win. Do this in cool manner still watching each others backs.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
      Okay, so here's one for you.

We were just on chateau - the hostie from sewers->basement had been taken and one of the T's went across the front yard to meet him at spawn for the kill/save/whatever. Well the hostie was rescued and he saw his head go back into the sewers.

The T then proceeded to follow the CT through the sewers and got him when he was going up the stairs into the rest of the house.

Should the T have gone back into the house when he saw the hostie was rescued?

Does the "boundaries are off" rule go away once the hosties that were taken have been rescued?

Also - I believe there was only one other T left on the map guarding the house.
      One for you,

chateau is a bomb defusal map... That should ease any concerns you might have about Ts advancing on any hostages :-P

Regardless of what map it was.. Once those hostages are rescued... they cease to be your objective. The last ones are. There really is NO need to advance thru the rescue zone and persue for a kill like that. As soon as he saw him go into the sewers, comms should have lit up that he was goin in there and the chaser should fall back to the remaining set. If theres 4 hostages left... you wouldnt go bolting thru CT spawn to fall in behind the CTs would you ? It doesnt matter how many Hosties are left, THEY are your objective, not the kills. Once those hostages in tow are rescued, any Ts in chase better fall back fast...
      Dizlor

Comment

It was the mansion map - I forget the exact name. CTs start on a street with a wall and broken concrete into the sewers that lead to the basement, one hostie down there, another in the kitchen, two more upstairs.

Comment

Theres your answer Tritone, i am sorry mine was too aggressive. Gogeta is correct. Yes the maps called housyenda.

P.S. I spelled it like it sounds in my head :)
          Last edited by sparhawkxx; 09-13-2007, 05:59 PM.

FUN FUN

Comment

wow, nice spelling spar its hacienda lol =P
            "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Thanks guys -

I knew the answer already, just wanted something in writing to refer to the next time a T acts like it's a free-for-all once a hostie gets rescued.

Comment

let's pronounce
                Haw see enda

:D

What gogeta said.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
                  Thanks guys -

I knew the answer already, just wanted something in writing to refer to the next time a T acts like it's a free-for-all once a hostie gets rescued.
                  A. Why ask a question you already knew the answer too...

B. Its in writing on several occasions here, like this thread entitled "Going after hostages"

The search function is actually quite awesome here.. Try it sometime :P
                  Dizlor

Comment

Bleh, should sticky the threads that explain FAQs.

Comment

Sorry.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse