AS_OILRIG_DJ Tactic Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS_OILRIG_DJ Tactic Discussion

So it seems T's know exactly what they shoudl do on this map. Its pretty simple, find the VIP and kill him, and if that doesnt happen in the first minute, fall back enough so you can hold the VIP rescue zone.

Ct's seem to always mess things up on this map by either not sticking with the VIP or just not knowing where they are or where they are trying to go.

I LOVE this map, you must be very tactical and everyone must know exactly what they are doing on CT team to win.

There are only 3 routes which CT's can ineviatbly take.
    1. Ramps
    2. Long Hall
    3. Elevator

Please begin refering to these places considering they are the ONLY 3 ways to the surface for the CTs.

Also another point of high interest is what I call the pool room.

Soon I will post 3 seperate topics, each once outlining how to move through each location toward the VIP rescue zone and where to expect Terrosits.

*VERY IMPORTANT NOTE*
    The Terrosits have 2 spawn points that they can potentially spawn at, they are very very very close to the CT's spawn point. They literally spawn underneath the CTs, but not every round.
    Their spawn point looks like this

Re: AS_OILRIG_DJ Tactic Discussion

+rep for you my friend... One of the maps that needs this the most, honestly. Good work.
    Dizlor

Comment

Elevator(bottom) and long hall both (as pictured by minimalist) both lead to the elevator stairwell area and surface in the same building (the center red one with roof access). The ultra elite boost to the chopper vent exit is #3.

That barrel pic isn't a spawn, I just like to get there quick to ambush, but CTs should definately look there.

CT Spawn, unlike other maps and map types, is not safe or off bounds. Since the dual nature of the VIP objective includes killing the VIP. CT spawn has two spots they can get attacked from fairly quickly, the vent and the railing from the hall. If CTs are going to hang in spawn, they should watch those areas.

I too love this map, it requires pushing the bounds of quick thinking, communication, and situational awareness; plus it's action packed!

The pool room is a big fight area, with lots of windows and spots to cover from all sorts of angles, as is the surface. Smoke is the CTs best ally to move through the pool area.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
      "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
      - Wulfyn

Comment

As T I have spawned around the barrels that are in the red light underneath the CT's spawn. There is definately a spawn in that area in close proximity to the CT spawn.

Long hall does go to elevator but its almost a different way because you are not on the ground and if its not being covered you can catch T's off guard that are watching Elevator.

If you notice in the longhall photo, the right hand side is balcony like. T's can see directly into CT spawn from long hall, be very aware of this considering T's can get there VERY quickly in the begining of the round.

Because there are so many different ways to go these three routes, a lot of confusion arises. A walkthroguh must be made, Im going to work on one when I get some scholastic work done first.

Comment

All I can say for the CTs on this map Is get out of spawn ASAP and get to the chapa.
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
            All I can say for the CTs on this map Is get out of spawn ASAP and get to the chapa.
            ... and watch our for my AWPa ;)
            Dizlor

Comment

Gocheata.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

With a boast from a friend you can also climb into the vent that over watches the pool room. This gets you into a vent with a ladder that takes you all the way up to the window room top side. I will edit my post with a screen shot later if no one knows of the position i'm talking about.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                Winston Churchill

Comment

Disciple, that's the ultra elite boost exit. Let it be hush hush for a while at least.

"The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                  - Wulfyn

Comment

* More to come but here are some directions so you dont get lost.
                    • CT SPAWN
                    • POOLROOM RAMP
                    • BOTTOM POOLROOM

Also there is a small overlook area in CT spawn around the wall, here are the views and the hotspots you should look for.

POOL ROOM OVERLOOK RIGHT

POOL ROOM OVERLOOK LEFT

Comment

I have noticed while playing this map that the ramps near the elevator are hardly ever being covered by T's. If I survived long enough to get there, I always was able to get outside from there. The ramps bring you to the exit right above that big ramp outside. It's always worked for me.
                      "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                      "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

bump for the oilriggers

- Wulfyn

Comment

I have loved this map ever since the it first came out. I miss being able to get in that crane though. I was going to point out the vent boost in my post but it looks like disciple already mentioned it. It's hard to do since you have to clear the pool room first.

This map can be very easy for Ts even if only one of them knows it so long as the CT team is confused. I would like to see more people getting to know this map and some really well thought out strats to be played. It has so much potential but most of the times i've played it people are lost and it becomes free for all with T dominating CT.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X