X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .tritone.
    replied
    Re: Italy Tactik discussion.

Spar - it lets me judge by their reaction whether or not the team is going to be willing to assume this strong defensive formation or whether or not I'll have to adjust it to account for one or two people that are going to completely refuse to stay in the house, at which point I can have them soften up the enemy and provide intel while keeping a happy team.

Leave a comment:

• sparhawkxx
    replied

"Okay, guys - you've got two options. You can either run around the map to try and get kills or you can stay in the house and win. Your choice."

Ok if you want people to listen to you I would not tell them this at all.

Leave a comment:

• .tritone.
    replied

That was the only time I've been killed in Italy and actually been surprised by it. From my upstairs spot I'm always taking the risk of getting naded, but someone stone-cold headshot me from a double boost by the balcony.

And spar - the CTs should NOT be able to get through. It was annoying that my team was ADD yesterday and they wouldn't just stick with the plan. Actually, every time I'm a terrorist on Italy I'll let everybody know during the lead time on the first round.

"Okay, guys - you've got two options. You can either run around the map to try and get kills or you can stay in the house and win. Your choice."

I realize how unpopular staying in the house is and I understand that it gets boring but it's simply the best way to defend when you can limit them to 3 possible entry points. As for a CTs counterplan... there are really only three decent options.

1 - Rush the guys through front door and hope they're disorganized enough to let you in without much trouble

2 - Coordinated flash to disable the whole house for 10 seconds.

3 - Smoke the house, flash in, and try to get back out as quickly as possible.

If the Terrorists are actually staying inside and not peeking out the windows anything else you do is pretty irrelevant. I need to put together some defense plans for the other popular maps.

Leave a comment:

• Kulmar
    replied

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
    Yeah a way to counter a team waiting in the house is to wear them down, and to boost people onto the balcony, know one ever expects the 2 man boost.
    we tried that during the tourny, but the ref yelled at us for it =(

Leave a comment:

• Disciple
    replied

Yeah a way to counter a team waiting in the house is to wear them down, and to boost people onto the balcony, know one ever expects the 2 man boost.

Leave a comment:

• Kulmar
    replied

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
    Unless the Counter Terrorists completely own face.
    Yep. Thats me.

Leave a comment:

• sparhawkxx
    replied

Tritone your plan is very good and I was there the first time as CT. This just shows you how well your team communicated and stayed with the plan.

Now for the CT never being able to win Italy I think you are wrong. Over time theres always a new plan in the making that can counter yours. Just might take some time :)

Leave a comment:

• .tritone.
    replied

That's the thing - having a strong defensive position like that it doesn't really matter how 'good' the CTs are.

All the T's need to be able to do is hit someone from under 10 feet away and communicate with their team when they get flashed.

Leave a comment:

• Clefspeare
    replied

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
    I still can't believe we lost like that.
    The CTs had a few genuinely good rounds and plain out gunned our team - Fransan insists on rushing front door every time, which is fine...

It's just embarrassing for the Terrorists to lose any version of Italy. It simply should not happen.
    Unless the Counter Terrorists completely own face.

Leave a comment:

• .tritone.
    replied

I still can't believe we lost like that.
    The CTs had a few genuinely good rounds and plain out gunned our team - Fransan insists on rushing front door every time, which is fine...

It's just embarrassing for the Terrorists to lose any version of Italy. It simply should not happen.

Leave a comment:

• Disciple
    replied

True that, patience is one of the best attributes for the TG server, any other server you'll get called a camper, here you'll be hitting your objective right on the head if you follow Tritones plan. If you run off to apartments on your own, your just kill hunting in my opinion, you need two people to make an effective ambush. Granted if that one guy was going to stun and retreat that would be fine (throw a nade then retreat back to cover). Otherwise you just waste a man there, if he goes down then that gives no intel away because the CT's can easily switch it up from here.

If you insist on being out of the house at least be in the far corner of tree room then you can watch appartment cornor and the celler ladder. That position would at least give the rest of the team some good intel. Don't get me wrong the occasional ambush is a good thing when it catches them off guard. Yet you wont catch any one off guard by pushing out every round because they will be more alert and carefull.

Leave a comment:

• .tritone.
    replied

I'd just like to congratulate the CT team last night. They ran us out 7 to 1.

I tried to keep the Terrorists organized and lock down the house as described earlier in the thread, but too many people insisted on getting themselves killed while running around apartment/cellar/darkroom/etc. That and people kept getting nailed while trying to scout outside, someone would pick up their scout and get shot in the face, too.

A little patience goes a long way...

Leave a comment:

• Atomic Dog
    replied

Originally posted by Toy Poodle View Post
    Either way not much teamwork is going to be used or at least used effectively.
    Tell that to Spar :P

Leave a comment:

• Toy Poodle
    replied

Originally posted by Shadowolf View Post
    Depends on how you look at it see for you it's cramped up but for some it's not, but here is the fun part when CT's need to USE teamwork to get in and rescue the hostages with out killing all the T's and no it's not impossible.

I guess it really depends on who is on either team otherwise it won't be much teamwork the CTs are using. It could be seen more as a massacre since only a couple people could fit through that tiny front entrance. And yes you could frag or flash the house but not everyone will get effected and it really only takes one T to take down the other squad. But at the same time the same could be said about one CT taking out the entire Terrorist squad. Either way not much teamwork is going to be used or at least used effectively.

Leave a comment:

• ednos
    replied

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
    I'm just going to throw this out there...

What fun is it holing your entire team up in the house?

As a terrorist it get's kind of old and boring waiting for the cts to realize no one is out of the house and as I have stated before, it is plain annoying when a bunch of people are getting in your way in such a small building. As a ct, where is the fun if you don't face any resistance until you get in site of the house? Every once in a while, yeah, stay in the house for all I care, but doing it the entire map is an extreme bore.
    With a little patience and coordination, your problems are dissolved.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X