Italy Tactik discussion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Italy Tactik discussion.

Tritone your plan is very good and I was there the first time as CT. This just shows you how well your team communicated and stayed with the plan.

Now for the CT never being able to win Italy I think you are wrong. Over time theres always a new plan in the making that can counter yours. Just might take some time :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
      Unless the Counter Terrorists completely own face.
      Yep. Thats me.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Yeah a way to counter a team waiting in the house is to wear them down, and to boost people onto the balcony, know one ever expects the 2 man boost.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
        Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
          Yeah a way to counter a team waiting in the house is to wear them down, and to boost people onto the balcony, know one ever expects the 2 man boost.
          we tried that during the tourny, but the ref yelled at us for it =(

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

That was the only time I've been killed in Italy and actually been surprised by it. From my upstairs spot I'm always taking the risk of getting naded, but someone stone-cold headshot me from a double boost by the balcony.

And spar - the CTs should NOT be able to get through. It was annoying that my team was ADD yesterday and they wouldn't just stick with the plan. Actually, every time I'm a terrorist on Italy I'll let everybody know during the lead time on the first round.

"Okay, guys - you've got two options. You can either run around the map to try and get kills or you can stay in the house and win. Your choice."

I realize how unpopular staying in the house is and I understand that it gets boring but it's simply the best way to defend when you can limit them to 3 possible entry points. As for a CTs counterplan... there are really only three decent options.

1 - Rush the guys through front door and hope they're disorganized enough to let you in without much trouble

2 - Coordinated flash to disable the whole house for 10 seconds.

3 - Smoke the house, flash in, and try to get back out as quickly as possible.

If the Terrorists are actually staying inside and not peeking out the windows anything else you do is pretty irrelevant. I need to put together some defense plans for the other popular maps.

Comment

"Okay, guys - you've got two options. You can either run around the map to try and get kills or you can stay in the house and win. Your choice."

Ok if you want people to listen to you I would not tell them this at all.

FUN FUN

Comment

Spar - it lets me judge by their reaction whether or not the team is going to be willing to assume this strong defensive formation or whether or not I'll have to adjust it to account for one or two people that are going to completely refuse to stay in the house, at which point I can have them soften up the enemy and provide intel while keeping a happy team.

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post

It is pretty much the truth, and if you dont listen to it than you probably arn't going to win unless you are excellent shots.

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post

One of the reasons this works is because the T team tends to rubber band from aggressive to defensive. You sacrifice by going aggressive but you make the CT's cautious. When you pull it in to heavy defense after a round or two of aggression you can typically catch them being slow and pick a few off with scouting or long range shots.

- -

Comment

Also, Tritone, if you're stepping up to lead a team on defense and people aren't following a plan that's been clearly laid out for them...don't hesitate to jot down names and send them up to the admins.
                      | | |

Comment

Sorry Vulcan I meant all part of listening to Tritones plan and not doing whatever they want.

FUN FUN

Comment

T's pushing out

A question of how far you can push out. On Italy tactic the T's were really pushing out pretty far I thought. I am just wanting clarification on this matter and I will drop it after that. They were going way into the appartments and once that I know of they came out beneath the appartment where they were almost able to look into our spawn. Many times they came completely out of the wine cellar on to the landing at the top of the stairs. Once a T came out of mid went under the catwalk from appartments and turned the corner onto the street below the landing into the wine cellar. And then there is the question of how many of the T's pushing out would be considered tactical. Would 4 pushing out leaving 2 gaurding the hosties be considered tactical.

Lock n Load, Saddle up, Mount up and Ride out.

Comment

I agree with the idea of changing your defensive plan. By playing in the house for a while, then pushing out - you can catch some of them running up with pistols or knives out thinking they have a free move up closer.

I do like both plans.

Pushing out depends on WHO is on your team. If you have good people, it is doable. But if your team is more inexperienced, it can get you slaughtered as you get picked off.

If your team is inexperienced or weak, I would recommend the stay in the house plan. You don't need to have the long range accuracy, etc.

But even with the in-house defense, you can still die. (as with any plan) Someone comes in the front door and is just faster/better/luckier, the guy guarding front goes down. A nade or two takes down someone up front.

Then there is always the inability of many to NOT peak out. Bang, I'm dead with a bullet in my face.

So both plans are good, and the changing between them is also good. Because keeping them from 'knowing' where you'll be is a good thing.
                            "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                            Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

You Rang:
                              It depends.
                              I've been owned several times in the apartments from someone way up forward. never heard anything against it. It is far forward, but it is also smart to try to hit several of us as we move through a narrow area.

I've been killed in the market area, too. That's nasty.

Wine cellar up at the top where they can see out the window and in through the apartment window.

I don't know, for some reason, I take Ts moving farther up on Italy then I might on other maps. It just seems to be part of italy. Part of that map.
                              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

After thinking about it I have to agree with you Sky. I just have to get better at being more careful and better in a firefight.

Lock n Load, Saddle up, Mount up and Ride out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X