• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skylark
    replied
    Re: Italy Tactik discussion.

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
    It all depends on who you're playing. I have seen T's get destroyed in the house over and over again.
    True... oh how true! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!! TAKE THE HOSTAGES! JUST GO!

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied

It all depends on who you're playing. I have seen T's get destroyed in the house over and over again.

Leave a comment:

• Potshot
    replied

Originally posted by Xen View Post
    I have to agree with Tritone, I know shocking ain't it? Who cares how "fun / exciting / whatever" sitting in the house is? The point is having everyone in there, all are covering the hostages. I don't know how many times the CT's rush sewers on tactiks2 while 4 T's are in cellar/tree room/apartments, and they all get slayed cause they were killhunting instead of gaurding the hostages. To me, being past the stairs is too far for a good defense. If they push you out of apartments there is no cover for you, you can dive for tree room or dark room, only to be naded to oblivion. Then, as your trying to fall further back, you get cutoff by one or two CT's coming stairs/cellars. How does this help gaurd the hostages?

One point I do disagree with is the end of sewers. It's easier for two people to gaurd it, one at the long hall enterance and one at the bottom of the ladder. If the one at the end dies, the one at ladder know's to shoot the next thing that appears in sewers.
    I've never seen anyone have problem falling back from the apartment corner, unless they get stay there for too long. I still stand by staying in the house though. You've got 3 entrances to cover, 2 of which are almost always a deathtrap for CTs on a full team.

Leave a comment:

• Skylark
    replied

being out farther can work, but you have to watch for that sort of thing.

If you use the time to plan well, you know you have someone in sewer, etc..
    When sewer guy dies, you all pull back.

Etc...

Leave a comment:

• Xen
    replied

I have to agree with Tritone, I know shocking ain't it? Who cares how "fun / exciting / whatever" sitting in the house is? The point is having everyone in there, all are covering the hostages. I don't know how many times the CT's rush sewers on tactiks2 while 4 T's are in cellar/tree room/apartments, and they all get slayed cause they were killhunting instead of gaurding the hostages. To me, being past the stairs is too far for a good defense. If they push you out of apartments there is no cover for you, you can dive for tree room or dark room, only to be naded to oblivion. Then, as your trying to fall further back, you get cutoff by one or two CT's coming stairs/cellars. How does this help gaurd the hostages?

One point I do disagree with is the end of sewers. It's easier for two people to gaurd it, one at the long hall enterance and one at the bottom of the ladder. If the one at the end dies, the one at ladder know's to shoot the next thing that appears in sewers.

Leave a comment:

• Potshot
    replied

As annoying as killhunters can be, they keep you alert. Not that I'm approving of it.

Leave a comment:

• sparhawkxx
    replied

Depends on the team. If its the brand new guy and hes in the appartments pushed past both the rooms to the stairs then I would say no. I mean new guy as the guy with no comms.

Rang not only on Italy but on any map please be ready at any time if they are pushed too far up or flank from your spawn even. Just because its off objective and killhunting doesn't mean it should ruin your game.

If you find these to be problems the SOP's explains how to contact an Admin :)

P.S. I'm not trying to come across in the rong way with this :)

Leave a comment:

• you rang
    replied

After thinking about it I have to agree with you Sky. I just have to get better at being more careful and better in a firefight.

Leave a comment:

• Skylark
    replied

You Rang:
    It depends.
    I've been owned several times in the apartments from someone way up forward. never heard anything against it. It is far forward, but it is also smart to try to hit several of us as we move through a narrow area.

I've been killed in the market area, too. That's nasty.

Wine cellar up at the top where they can see out the window and in through the apartment window.

I don't know, for some reason, I take Ts moving farther up on Italy then I might on other maps. It just seems to be part of italy. Part of that map.

Leave a comment:

• Skylark
    replied

I agree with the idea of changing your defensive plan. By playing in the house for a while, then pushing out - you can catch some of them running up with pistols or knives out thinking they have a free move up closer.

I do like both plans.

Pushing out depends on WHO is on your team. If you have good people, it is doable. But if your team is more inexperienced, it can get you slaughtered as you get picked off.

If your team is inexperienced or weak, I would recommend the stay in the house plan. You don't need to have the long range accuracy, etc.

But even with the in-house defense, you can still die. (as with any plan) Someone comes in the front door and is just faster/better/luckier, the guy guarding front goes down. A nade or two takes down someone up front.

Then there is always the inability of many to NOT peak out. Bang, I'm dead with a bullet in my face.

So both plans are good, and the changing between them is also good. Because keeping them from 'knowing' where you'll be is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• you rang
    replied
    T's pushing out

A question of how far you can push out. On Italy tactic the T's were really pushing out pretty far I thought. I am just wanting clarification on this matter and I will drop it after that. They were going way into the appartments and once that I know of they came out beneath the appartment where they were almost able to look into our spawn. Many times they came completely out of the wine cellar on to the landing at the top of the stairs. Once a T came out of mid went under the catwalk from appartments and turned the corner onto the street below the landing into the wine cellar. And then there is the question of how many of the T's pushing out would be considered tactical. Would 4 pushing out leaving 2 gaurding the hosties be considered tactical.

Leave a comment:

• sparhawkxx
    replied

Sorry Vulcan I meant all part of listening to Tritones plan and not doing whatever they want.

Leave a comment:

• Atomic Dog
    replied

Also, Tritone, if you're stepping up to lead a team on defense and people aren't following a plan that's been clearly laid out for them...don't hesitate to jot down names and send them up to the admins.

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
    "Okay, guys - you've got two options. You can either run around the map to try and get kills or you can stay in the house and win. Your choice."

Ok if you want people to listen to you I would not tell them this at all.
    One of the reasons this works is because the T team tends to rubber band from aggressive to defensive. You sacrifice by going aggressive but you make the CT's cautious. When you pull it in to heavy defense after a round or two of aggression you can typically catch them being slow and pick a few off with scouting or long range shots.

Leave a comment:

• Kulmar
    replied

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
    "Okay, guys - you've got two options. You can either run around the map to try and get kills or you can stay in the house and win. Your choice."

Ok if you want people to listen to you I would not tell them this at all.
    It is pretty much the truth, and if you dont listen to it than you probably arn't going to win unless you are excellent shots.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X