VIP Team command

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIP Team command

hey.. i was thinking and...think about this in a realistic view, let me give you an example. You are part of a team guarding a president, you must make the calls on which way to go, etc. But in the server we have the VIP call out where he wants to go, as in real life he probably wouldn't even know the schematics of the place. (maybe i dunno) Even if he does, he wouldn't know them any better then any of the people who are going to be assaulting the place. I know the VIP is only one who stands out on the team and that may be the reason why he has to call shots.

Just a thought.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Re: VIP Team command

I think that depends on how you're interpreting the VIP.

If you think of him as el presidente, then sure, have someone else call the shots because he has no idea what is going on. However, if you think of him more as a high ranking general, (especially given the fact that he has a gun), it's a bit more logical to let them take charge.

As far as CS:S is concerned, he is the one set aside and as such should be given first dibs on calling the plan. However, if they're clearly not sure what is going on the team has a responsibility to step up and correct them or at least suggest an alternative - just as they would for any other map if the bomber was about to do something really, really stupid.

I have a custom script that binds right-click to "say YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY, STUPID." whenever Kulmar is the VIP.

Comment

[QUOTE=.tritone.;812800)
      I have a custom script that binds right-click to "say YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY, STUPID." whenever Kulmar is the VIP.[/QUOTE]

LOL
      Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

i dont like being the VIP very much, well at least on the oilrig map.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

It's just that VIP is a bit of a mindset shift from most other responsibilities.

It's kinda like being the bomber and making sure you're out of sight so it doesn't pop up on the CTs radar.

Comment

Originally posted by the SOP forum
            By default the *bomber
            *(Or in this case, the VIP)
            has command of the T's. The whole team may agree a commander for an entire map. If a commander is agreed, chain of command is at their discretion.

The SOP forum states "identify team leaders, and follow them, or do what they say."

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
            Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
            Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

i was just giving some thought delta... sheesh.. i think everyone knows that already (if you dont i dont know what to say)

Comment

I was just bringing that up because it seemed you were confused, if not, I apologize. The gist of that reconciliation though is to remind you that the VIP doesn't always have to call the shots. By default, it is, but he can defer to someone else, or choose a leader for the map.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Oilrig is ok but.. I like arctic.
                  I got 2 knives and 1 usp kill in a round there as VIP ;D
                  CoD WaW = -Cloak-
                  CS:S/CoD4 = Cloak
                  BF2/BF2142 = Alucard_Zer0
                  EVE Online = Assassin Zer0

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server