X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacking

Re: Stacking

hahahhaaahaaha
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you want to start a discussion. My take: realistically, it's possible, but it seems terribly unwise, since you're practically immobile on the x-y plane. It seems to me that it would be terribly difficult for the operative on the bottom to shoot remotely accurately, so for a rule, I'd say anyone boosting someone else should be barred from firing when a teammate is still on his shoulders.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I think boosting onto an elevated position is realistic, the game doesn't show the guy lowering his hands and boosting the guy up but regardless of game play it would be the same thing and still realistic. Standing on someones head and shooting on the other hand isn't, but would be rather entertaining to watch in real life.

Comment

Let's all petition Valve to add Go-Go-Gadget Extend-O-Legs to the buy menu.

Comment

Even if the bottom guy wasn't shooting, how exactly do you balance on someone's head/shoulders and fire a rifle without falling off?

Assuming the guy on the bottom has put down his weapon and is holding their ankles/shins, it still seems a bit impractical do engage in anything offensive, (short of possibly tossing a nade), while balanced on someone else's head.

Comment

You can assume he's standing on his shoulders. Why don't people swim when they're swimming? It's a Valve-ism.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

it is not really accurate when on someones shoulders but still, I agree. No shooting when boosted.

Comment

Have you guys ever encountered the CS pyramid/totem?
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                    Have you guys ever encountered the CS pyramid/totem?
                    Apparently you are unfamiliar with the Tactical Triangle... and the awesomeness there-in.
                    Dizlor

Comment

I thought this was going to be a thread about 'team stacking' and how it's so unfair that all the TGers want to be on the same team. I was looking forward to a good argument... :(

Joking!
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                        Apparently you are unfamiliar with the Tactical Triangle... and the awesomeness there-in.
                        Automatic WIN. Nobody remembers what it is anymore, and it disappoints me greatly. Italy front door? Ahh.. Younger days.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Yeah that was done by a group of people like 6 months ago I think maybe a bit longer. I almost lost my cool :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                            Automatic WIN. Nobody remembers what it is anymore, and it disappoints me greatly. Italy front door? Ahh.. Younger days.
                            You mean back when you were 16? Oh, so long ago.
                            "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                            "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

I'll take these answers as a yes.

Pretty sad that it worked.
                              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse