CS_Kismayo question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS_Kismayo question

I have seen people do this before but never really payed attention till tonight, but my question is, are the dome roofs a legit spot? I realize that the map has the bricks sticking out of the wall so you can boost up there. But that part of the map is not modeled and the player can run through the domes and brick Pillars that everyone else see's when looking at it, and im all but certain that if they crouch they cant be seen. It seems that even though its accessible its an unfair advantage to the T's

Thoughts?
    TheU -

CS:S

Re: CS_Kismayo question

Moved to tactics.

It seems to me yes. There is ledge there to get up on them. The mapper has made updates as well and never blocked it off so I'd say a definate yes.

- -

Comment

If you are in the wood room you can look over there and see if some on is on there. Most people just forget about it and get nailed for it.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

It just doesnt make sense to me that you can be up there and if you stand just right you can not be seen if you clip through a brick pillar. even if you check that spot from wood room there a good chance i will miss someone
        TheU -

Comment

Ive always been under the impression that its ok to be up there.. as long as you dont clip into the domes.. anywhere around/outside of them should be legit imo.
          Dizlor

Comment

the latest version shouldn't let you clip into any of them.

- -

Comment

Yeah, a couple of weeks ago one of my teammates was actually inside the dome. I honestly don't think that is very realistic. I think as long as you aren't in anything, you should be allowed up there.
              "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
              "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                Ive always been under the impression that its ok to be up there.. as long as you dont clip into the domes.. anywhere around/outside of them should be legit imo.
                Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
                Yeah, a couple of weeks ago one of my teammates was actually inside the dome. I honestly don't think that is very realistic. I think as long as you aren't in anything, you should be allowed up there.
                I concur.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I agree. That's always been my standpoint on it. If you don't clip it, you're fine and the OpFor has nothing to complain about.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                  Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                  Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Yes but when you are the person up there and your running thought the domes you can see them and although you should know not to its hard to tell if your clipping or not
                    TheU -

Comment

If an admin is specing and someone is inside tha dome he will get his warning. That is an exploit from what I have seen. but he can crouch and run behind the domes along the wall. I don't see why he can't be up there just not clippin.

FUN FUN

Comment

Just seems a bit too close to comfort...that'd be my one reason for not wanting anyone to be there. The clipping is an obvious exploit and I only see drama arising over "Was he clipping?" arguements that will inevitably occur.

Sure some people can be trusted to not clip and epxloit the map while they're up there...but if we let one trusted member up there...everyone is going to want up there...and eventually more than a few jackasses will make their way up there...or someone will start loudly accusing someone else of clipping...not worth the headaches IMO.
                        | | |

Comment

Yeah but if someone clips after a warning I think there gonna be playing on another server in there near future. So no I don't see a problem with it. Its a very good spot.

If you break the T's position its an even better spot for CT to resuce the hostages from the T that is stuck up there.

FUN FUN

Comment

well if clipping is possible then I'd steer clear of it. You might find an admin taking action if he deems you to be clipping the object for an advantage.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                              "Was he clipping?" arguements
                              Screenshot?
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X