Smoking the site of the planted bomb.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking the site of the planted bomb.

I've seen this alot and all ive seen is cover for ct's to defuse. I want your opinion on it. Good or bad?

Re: Smoking the site of the planted bomb.

It's fair. No one said T can't spam the cloud, or better, throw a Power Potato in there and see how many gibs fly out.

Comment

Yeah I think it goes without saying... Ts shouldn't smoke a planted bomb.
      CoD WaW = -Cloak-
      CS:S/CoD4 = Cloak
      BF2/BF2142 = Alucard_Zer0
      EVE Online = Assassin Zer0

Comment

But to plant under fire you should smoke the site to give cover to the bomb, you just have to make sure you keep an eye on it so you'll know if a CT ran into it. I am not familiar with your maps, but I DO know for a fact that on maps like de_chateau smoking A with a fast push can get the bomb planted before the CT's can even get set up.

Comment

T's should smoke whatever they like. Maybe before planting they want to lure the CTs out of hiding, or even trick them into a rotate while the C4 is creeping up on the other site.

That's all strategy to me.

Comment

I always (when i can) throw a smoke down before i plant/defuse so i have SOME cover to try and plant/defuse.
            "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I love it when im a ct when this happens. Always an easy backstab on the bomber.
              |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

The thing is it may cover the bomb but when ct's/t's get in a fire fight one ct can creap into the smoke while no one notices it and then its gg.

Comment

This is why the smoke is thrown immediately at the start of a confrontation, so that by the time it is planted there is only a small window of opportunity for CT's to do their sneak thing. Counter to this is the CT strategy of lobbing a smoke into a bombsite after the bomb has been planted, allowing the same sneaky thing to work in reverse.

It is all really about when you throw the nade. If the bomber is already planting and your a T, throwing down a smoke is just going to help the CT's. Throw it during your initial attack, and you'll actually be giving disorientation to the enemy while you plant, and the smoke will clear more or less by the time the bomb is ready.

-Zephyr
                  You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                  We are not a single game.
                  We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                  We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

What zephyr said. The smoke only lasts, what 15-20 seconds? Throw it down and plant. Smoke fades and you're in the clear.

Smoking a planted bomb as T's is akin to nading a barricade on zombie maps.

Comment

Smoke the bomb to lure cts to ninja. Little do they know you are already ninjaing the bomb and wait for them inside so you can steal their wallets.

Comment

I don't quite understand. Why wouldn't you be allowed to smoke the bomb.......

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                        Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                        Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                          I don't quite understand. Why wouldn't you be allowed to smoke the bomb.......
                          They aren't discussing whether it's a legal move or not they're debating about if it's a smart tactical move to smoke the bombsite before moving in.

Comment

Ahhh, alright. I revoke my previous statements then.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                            Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                            Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Do you mean "retract"?

Smoking the bombsite is a bad idea because you'll take one health away from the planting teammate when you hit him. Since you've already engaged to make it to the bombsite, his bandage probably broke because you whipped a heavy cylinder of metal at him.
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X