No announcement yet.

Smoking the site of the planted bomb.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smoking the site of the planted bomb.

Originally posted by ednos View Post
    Since you've already engaged to make it to the bombsite, his bandage probably broke because you whipped a heavy cylinder of metal at him.
    Hahahaahahahaha....... Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
    sigpic

Comment

I still think its a stupid idea to smoke a bombsite because if you smoke a bombsite what if the ct's throw a smoke thats perfect cover aswell its so easy to win for ct's if the t's smoke a bomsite

Comment

If you can aim, you don't need to HIT HIM with the beer can. Besides, if you always put the smoke centered on the C4, the enemy will find it more easily.

Comment

I think it depends. If you are a t trying to breach the site go ahead and smoke. If you plant the bomb in a tricky but legal spot and want to hide it, why not smoke it. Now if you just randomly feel like smoking a planted bomb that you are trying to defend, your an idiot. Do whatever you want though, its legal all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.FAsTy View Post
            I still think its a stupid idea to smoke a bombsite because if you smoke a bombsite what if the ct's throw a smoke thats perfect cover aswell its so easy to win for ct's if the t's smoke a bomsite
            Its not totally idiotic to smoke a planted bomb at a terrorists, often you can hide in the smoke and easily backstab a CT that tries to ninja-defuse. Also you can be decently far away and have a clear view of the bomb (where the CTs would be at when defusing) and when the shadows pop up near the bomb, boom. And then the smoke would clear with ~10 seconds left and you will be able to easily see the rest of the timer.

Also this will make it harder for the terrorists to know where you are shooting from, urbanwarfare for example, in the office bombsite if you smoke that, then run to the opposing office (near A road garage) and have a clear view, its very easy to defend that with a smoke. And if there are inside, they most like would not have a clear view of you while you can see their shadows inside the smoke.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Okay, seriously people...
              Is it really so hard to understand?
              SMOKE REDUCES VISIBILITY! Now why on earth would we want to do that?
              When we don't want the other team to see something.

Terrorists :
              Smoke the bombsite to give cover while PLANTING the bomb.

Counter-Terrorists :
              Smoke the bombsite to give cover while DEFUSING the bomb.

// Hey look at me! I'm stating the obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
                Its not totally idiotic to smoke a planted bomb at a terrorists, often you can hide in the smoke and easily backstab a CT that tries to ninja-defuse. Also you can be decently far away and have a clear view of the bomb (where the CTs would be at when defusing) and when the shadows pop up near the bomb, boom. And then the smoke would clear with ~10 seconds left and you will be able to easily see the rest of the timer.

Also this will make it harder for the terrorists to know where you are shooting from, urbanwarfare for example, in the office bombsite if you smoke that, then run to the opposing office (near A road garage) and have a clear view, its very easy to defend that with a smoke. And if there are inside, they most like would not have a clear view of you while you can see their shadows inside the smoke.
                that only works when you have smoke hax :p. plus it harms the rest of the team because they may not have smoke hax and have no idea whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
                  Okay, seriously people...
                  Is it really so hard to understand?
                  SMOKE REDUCES VISIBILITY! Now why on earth would we want to do that?
                  When we don't want the other team to see something.

Terrorists :
                  Smoke the bombsite to give cover while PLANTING the bomb.

Counter-Terrorists :
                  Smoke the bombsite to give cover while DEFUSING the bomb.

// Hey look at me! I'm stating the obvious!
                  Can you not read what i wrote?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Generally smoke is used to provide cover or distraction. It's usually best used to cover quick movement. It does not provide a invulnerability shield. Popping smoke also puts up a huge "hey look at me!" sign. Throw the latter 2 facts together and you get into a judgment call situation when it comes to using it on a bomb site. For T's planting, it's much better to have the area secure before planting, but if that fails, maybe smoke is the next best thing, bearing in mind being on a bomb site it may be saying "Hey CTs frag here now". Same for the CTs defusing. It really depends on how many teammates are available and covering, how open the location is, etc.

What I don't get is why T's smoke the site after the bomb has been planted. It's not hard to find the bomb in the smoke and it just gives CTs cover. And for a T to sit in the smoke at the bomb site to ninja a ninja defuser sounds way too ninja and a lot less tactical. At best you might get one of them, while the rest of the CTs coming to defuse catch onto this and mow you down, or the smoke dissipates and you're left sitting there... At worst your ninja fails and you get none. Maybe better to cover the bomb site at a distance and either kill multiple CTs, or at least keep them busy enough long enough to prevent a diffuse?

PS: Try to keep the discussion civil.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                    - Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X