This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing a nade at a planted bomb

Yea I brought it up to the forums. How unrealistic is throwing a grenade at a planted bomb. That should make the timer go faster or something or make it expload because I know in real life if someone throws a grenade at a planted bomb there screwed. Tell me what you think and maybe you can try to fix that. Thanks

Sara

Re: Throwing a nade at a planted bomb

Well, maybe since shooting the bomb doesn't do anything either...
    But anyway, I think it's fine if you nade the site of a bomb because that's where all the T's are going to be. Killing them would, in fact, help you reach your objective. It's not like hostages, where killing them would stop you from completing your objective. In terms of realism, I don't think, first of all, we need to care that much. And, just out of curiousity, would a bomb explode if you threw a grenade at it?
    Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Grenade shrapnel most likely won't ignite the C4 explosive. The heatwave itself would have to be pretty damn close to the C4 to guarantee ignition, and even then the explosive is wrapped so it probably wouldn't blow. I know this because I am a certified Internet Tough Guy and so I know all about guns and bombs and stuff and kung-fu as well.

OR we can enforce California rules.

No nades within 50 feet of the bomb. Pretty soon no talking or shooting, either.
      Last edited by .tritone.; 12-12-2007, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Tritone is right, c4 isnt going to explode even if you toss that frag ontop of the c4 brick itself. The compound simply doesn't have that volatility.

Comment

Well in the instance Dr. Fasty is talking about the grenade was thrown without any prior knowledge that their was anyone right next to the bomb, therefore it's basically blind firing.
          P.S. The only reason I mention this is that that stupid grenade killed me.

Comment

The cool thing about nades is you don't really need to know if someone is there. If you have a hunch that someone is there then throwing it would be a wise decision unless teammates were right next to it. So really its not blind firing but more like strategic thinking.
            There are no winners in war.

Comment

Just so you guys know, there is a huge difference between a defensive frag grenade and an offensive HE concussion grenade.

Military field manuals are good but here's the easy read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_gr...ation_grenades

If Incendiary grenades were used, then I'd have to run from the bomb site as fast as possible.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

If we tried to address and change every unrealistic feature in CS Source this thread would be 100000000000 pages long.

Comment

Yeah in my opinion this is a ridiculous request, there is a limit where you have to stop in favour of gameplay.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                    Just so you guys know, there is a huge difference between a defensive frag grenade and an offensive HE concussion grenade.

Military field manuals are good but here's the easy read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_gr...ation_grenades

If Incendiary grenades were used, then I'd have to run from the bomb site as fast as possible.
                    WOW!!!!! that is some crazy stuff. I would hate to get hit by an Incendiary grenade. In reference to this thread though I believe the types of grenades used on css would be the concussion grenades so I don't think there would be a problem with the nade on the bomb site.
                    There are no winners in war.

Comment

Incendiary grenades wouldn't detonate the C4, either. It'd burn through the explosive. They're also not offensive grenades. The heat is incredibly intense, but also extremely localized. You pull the pin, then toss them into/onto whatever you want destroyed. You'll hear a pop, and then a loud hiss. They burn for about... 30 to 60 seconds like a super-heated flare that burns about as bright as an arc welder. They don't explode.

C4 requires a combination of heat and pressure to detonate. You can set C4 on fire and nothing will happen. However, if you take a sledgehammer to a burning block of C4...

So, setting off a grenade (frag/concussion) directly on a block of C4 would probably detonate it. Set a grenade off somewhere next to a block of C4 might set the C4 off... but it might not. Blasting caps are inserted directly into the mass of C4 to insure detonation.

Comment

the HE grenades in css are Fragmentation grenades without a doubt.

- -

Comment

Wouldn't we see fragments leaving the area of the explosion and wouldn't they have a much wider area of effectiveness?
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

pfft we barely get smoke and other effects :P

- -

Comment

Wikipedia is going to take over the world.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X