Falling back tactics discussion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling back tactics discussion.

Also, you should always fall back towards your objective (this may seem obvious). Just make sure that that's what you're focusing on. You're not falling back just to get in cover, then pop out and kill everyone (although this could help your team). You're falling back to help your team defend the objective.

Pulling back on the offensive team is a different story. In this case, you're falling back to rejoin your team. After you regroup with your team, you then go for the objective.

It's pretty simple.
    Pyronoid |TG|

Re: The Art of Falling Back (and playing forward defense)

Sometimes falling back directly to the objective isn't possible, but it *is* a good idea (and required) to keep that in mind.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

yea good advice but i kidna disagree on one thing , smokes CAN be very useful when falling back you just have to know how to use them, i usually throw mine like 5-10 feet away from me in the direction i need to fall back, then throw a flash or lay down some cover while it pops then im gone :)

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand how a smoke would help the other team when you're the one trying to get to safety.

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
          Yeah, I don't understand how a smoke would help the other team when you're the one trying to get to safety.
          Because it's a big "nade me here" sign or Fire into this area, i'm going to run through it. If I see a smoke drop and i know someone is trying to fall back i'm going to nade it and try to take them out as they run through it. It also prevents you from having covering fire while you're trying to retreat.

If your opposition is in long range then sure a smoke is great but if they can be close, i would just run it or flash and run.

- -

Comment

I personally think that smoke are very useful to make them waste 1 or 2 of there HE making it alot easier for the D and making them not have to be worried about them as much

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
              It also prevents you from having covering fire while you're trying to retreat.
              There is no covering fire in CS:S.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post

lolol tru, but in tg there is thts y i like the server, ive laid down cover plenty of times n it has helped cuz if u take a bullet ur aim gets messed up so u cant just sit there taking bullets and aim for the head

btw vulcan i sent u a pm

Comment

Originally posted by silentassassin1 View Post
                  lolol tru, but in tg there is thts y i like the server, ive laid down cover plenty of times n it has helped cuz if u take a bullet ur aim gets messed up so u cant just sit there taking bullets and aim for the head
                  No, I don't think you understand. People still aren't afraid to poke out and get the headshot. There still isn't covering fire in CS:S, irregardless of server. Let me demonstrate with an example: head to the long hallway on cs_italy (any variant) with an M249 and send some cover fire up to, say, the window. Instead of causing enemies near the window to run for cover, they instead poke their heads out the window to take shots at you, knowing that your gun won't be able to hit them. In real life, anyone sticking their head out there would die.
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

sure there is just not from a SAW.

- -

Comment

No, I don't think you understand. People still aren't afraid to poke out and get the headshot. There still isn't covering fire in CS:S, irregardless of server. Let me demonstrate with an example: head to the long hallway on cs_italy (any variant) with an M249 and send some cover fire up to, say, the window. Instead of causing enemies near the window to run for cover, they instead poke their heads out the window to take shots at you, knowing that your gun won't be able to hit them. In real life, anyone sticking their head out there would die.
                      so true... i instinctively pop out when being shot at to kill the guy. When he shoots hes usually giving away his position so its a easy kill in my book.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

As a ct, on multiple occasions I have laid down cover fire with a tmp down long hall. Work wonders. Just throw a smoke and lay suppressive fire while your scouter gets some shots off.
                        "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                        "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                          sure there is just not from a SAW.
                          Care to give an example and back it up with a video or something?
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Care to give an example and back it up with a video or something?
                            I do it all the time, you'll have to catch a glimpse sometime!

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
                              As a ct, on multiple occasions I have laid down cover fire with a tmp down long hall. Work wonders. Just throw a smoke and lay suppressive fire while your scouter gets some shots off.
                              ya... with a smoke.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X