No announcement yet.

Falling back tactics discussion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Art of Falling Back (and playing forward defense)

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
    ya... with a smoke.
    Separate occassion. You get one guy laying down suppresive fire, will the scouter jumps out and gets some shots off.

The other tactic is to throw a smoke on the right or left side of the hall, have the cover man firing into the smoke towards the house, and the scouter snipes semi in the smoke and semi out of it. It's a good technique, try it.

I think smoke is good for falling back depending on the circumstance. If they know you are there and it is an enclosed space, then smoke in the middle and run away. But in a open field that doesn't work to well.
    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
      Separate occassion. You get one guy laying down suppresive fire, will the scouter jumps out and gets some shots off.

The other tactic is to throw a smoke on the right or left side of the hall, have the cover man firing into the smoke towards the house, and the scouter snipes semi in the smoke and semi out of it. It's a good technique, try it.

I think smoke is good for falling back depending on the circumstance. If they know you are there and it is an enclosed space, then smoke in the middle and run away. But in a open field that doesn't work to well.
      that, my friend, is called a distracting shot.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

No way.

Comment

The instances clef is talking about wouldn't be considered just distracting since he is not using the fire or the smoke for falling back. The fire through the smoke would be a diversion but that is just to allow the scout to pick off the people who think they are all high and mighty and can take that person out. Actually I think diversion would be a more appropriate term to use instead of distracting.
          There are no winners in war.

Comment

Yeah, i did throw in something in there was wasn't needed on this thread, but it seemed appropriate because we were already talking about smoking long hall.

Anyway, The guy in sewer could get out if there is someone shooting down long hall. Don't need smoke, just cover fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Toy Poodle View Post
              The instances clef is talking about wouldn't be considered just distracting since he is not using the fire or the smoke for falling back. The fire through the smoke would be a diversion but that is just to allow the scout to pick off the people who think they are all high and mighty and can take that person out. Actually I think diversion would be a more appropriate term to use instead of distracting.
              Diversion= a feint intended to draw off attention from the point of main attack.

Distracting= To cause to turn away from the original focus of attention or interest

Both have the same, similar meanings in the way we are using them here.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Re: Falling back tactics discussion.

Ya i know but diversion just sounds way cooler and more thought out.
                There are no winners in war.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X