Falling back tactics discussion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• highly_flammable
    started a topic Falling back tactics discussion.

Falling back tactics discussion.

Also, you should always fall back towards your objective (this may seem obvious). Just make sure that that's what you're focusing on. You're not falling back just to get in cover, then pop out and kill everyone (although this could help your team). You're falling back to help your team defend the objective.

Pulling back on the offensive team is a different story. In this case, you're falling back to rejoin your team. After you regroup with your team, you then go for the objective.

It's pretty simple.

• Toy Poodle
    replied
    Re: Falling back tactics discussion.

Ya i know but diversion just sounds way cooler and more thought out.

Leave a comment:

• Kulmar
    replied
    Re: The Art of Falling Back (and playing forward defense)

Originally posted by Toy Poodle View Post
    The instances clef is talking about wouldn't be considered just distracting since he is not using the fire or the smoke for falling back. The fire through the smoke would be a diversion but that is just to allow the scout to pick off the people who think they are all high and mighty and can take that person out. Actually I think diversion would be a more appropriate term to use instead of distracting.
    Diversion= a feint intended to draw off attention from the point of main attack.

Distracting= To cause to turn away from the original focus of attention or interest

Both have the same, similar meanings in the way we are using them here.

Leave a comment:

• Clefspeare
    replied

Yeah, i did throw in something in there was wasn't needed on this thread, but it seemed appropriate because we were already talking about smoking long hall.

Anyway, The guy in sewer could get out if there is someone shooting down long hall. Don't need smoke, just cover fire.

Leave a comment:

• Toy Poodle
    replied

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
    that, my friend, is called a distracting shot.
    The instances clef is talking about wouldn't be considered just distracting since he is not using the fire or the smoke for falling back. The fire through the smoke would be a diversion but that is just to allow the scout to pick off the people who think they are all high and mighty and can take that person out. Actually I think diversion would be a more appropriate term to use instead of distracting.

Leave a comment:

• Clefspeare
    replied

No way.

Leave a comment:

• Kulmar
    replied

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
    Separate occassion. You get one guy laying down suppresive fire, will the scouter jumps out and gets some shots off.

The other tactic is to throw a smoke on the right or left side of the hall, have the cover man firing into the smoke towards the house, and the scouter snipes semi in the smoke and semi out of it. It's a good technique, try it.

I think smoke is good for falling back depending on the circumstance. If they know you are there and it is an enclosed space, then smoke in the middle and run away. But in a open field that doesn't work to well.

Leave a comment:

• Clefspeare
    replied

ya... with a smoke.
    Separate occassion. You get one guy laying down suppresive fire, will the scouter jumps out and gets some shots off.

The other tactic is to throw a smoke on the right or left side of the hall, have the cover man firing into the smoke towards the house, and the scouter snipes semi in the smoke and semi out of it. It's a good technique, try it.

I think smoke is good for falling back depending on the circumstance. If they know you are there and it is an enclosed space, then smoke in the middle and run away. But in a open field that doesn't work to well.

Leave a comment:

• Kulmar
    replied

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
    As a ct, on multiple occasions I have laid down cover fire with a tmp down long hall. Work wonders. Just throw a smoke and lay suppressive fire while your scouter gets some shots off.
    ya... with a smoke.

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied

Originally posted by ednos View Post
    Care to give an example and back it up with a video or something?
    I do it all the time, you'll have to catch a glimpse sometime!

Leave a comment:

• ednos
    replied

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
    sure there is just not from a SAW.
    Care to give an example and back it up with a video or something?

Leave a comment:

• Clefspeare
    replied

As a ct, on multiple occasions I have laid down cover fire with a tmp down long hall. Work wonders. Just throw a smoke and lay suppressive fire while your scouter gets some shots off.

Leave a comment:

• Kulmar
    replied

No, I don't think you understand. People still aren't afraid to poke out and get the headshot. There still isn't covering fire in CS:S, irregardless of server. Let me demonstrate with an example: head to the long hallway on cs_italy (any variant) with an M249 and send some cover fire up to, say, the window. Instead of causing enemies near the window to run for cover, they instead poke their heads out the window to take shots at you, knowing that your gun won't be able to hit them. In real life, anyone sticking their head out there would die.
    so true... i instinctively pop out when being shot at to kill the guy. When he shoots hes usually giving away his position so its a easy kill in my book.

Leave a comment:

• Vulcan
    replied

There is no covering fire in CS:S.
    sure there is just not from a SAW.

Leave a comment:

• ednos
    replied

Originally posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    lolol tru, but in tg there is thts y i like the server, ive laid down cover plenty of times n it has helped cuz if u take a bullet ur aim gets messed up so u cant just sit there taking bullets and aim for the head
    No, I don't think you understand. People still aren't afraid to poke out and get the headshot. There still isn't covering fire in CS:S, irregardless of server. Let me demonstrate with an example: head to the long hallway on cs_italy (any variant) with an M249 and send some cover fire up to, say, the window. Instead of causing enemies near the window to run for cover, they instead poke their heads out the window to take shots at you, knowing that your gun won't be able to hit them. In real life, anyone sticking their head out there would die.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X