This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropping the bomb as a strategy???

I don't want to make a big deal out of this but more for informing the masses of what is acceptable or not. Say your a T and your the last one left and there are at least 2 CTs on the other team. You drop the bomb in high hopes that they will rush over to it while you take cover and try to slim down the opfor. Would you consider this a good strategy for one to use to help with the objective. Or would you see it as should never being done on this server? Give your opinions and remember stay classy.
    There are no winners in war.

Re: dropping the bomb as a strategy???

Please your objective is to plant the bomb not bait and kill. That is killhunting.

FUN FUN

Comment

lol you and your opinions. anyone else have something that approves of it and does not see it as killhunting?
      There are no winners in war.

Comment

1 vs. 2? Definitely not. What kind of thinning really needs to be done? CT's playing their objectives will have one man posted at each site. Ultimately, that's a 1 vs 1 no matter which site you go to. 1 vs 5? Definitely not. Drop the bomb so they can do what? Take up defensive positions making it impossible to retrieve? More than likely.

Dropping the bomb out of sight so CT's can't identify the bomber as T's probe defenses? This seems legit to me so long as the bomb isn't in a place the CT's can spot it and is easily retrieved.
        | | |

Comment

No spar is right. Your main concern should be planting the bomb and ensuring detonation.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
            CT's playing their objectives will have one man posted at each site.
            This is not always true.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Not always true, no...but mostly true, yes. If it's not true, at best he can walk into a bombsite and nobody would be there. But it IS always true if CT's are on objective.
              | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                Not always true, no...but mostly true, yes. If it's not true, at best he can walk into a bombsite and nobody would be there. But it IS always true if CT's are on objective.
                The two cts could stay at one bomb site and move to the other if it is planted there.
                "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Hence why I said at best he could walk into a bombsite and nobody would be there...
                  | | |

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                    This is not always true.
                    care to explain that?

- -

Comment

I think he means that sometimes when there are just 2 CT's left that they are both on the same bombsite because the other bombsite has been cleared by the OpFor.
                      | | |

Comment

Ahh yeah well you never know but dropping the bomb either way is not want you should be doing. What you described toy is plain and simple kill hunting.

- -

Comment

If the CT have an objective to watch the sites what would the T's objective be?

Toy this is a good thread thanks.

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                            care to explain that?
                            Well, we have two possible situations as I see it.
                            1. One bombsite has been infiltrated and the defending Counter-Terrorists guarding it have been killed. At this time, the two remaining Counter-Terrorists are at one site. Neither have disobeyed the rules.
                            2. The Terrorists have worn the Counter-Terrorists down to two players, who are each on their own site. Considering that the Terrorist now has the opportunity to pick one of them off and plant before the other can react appropriately, one falls back from his site, leaving it undefended, knowing that, as a pair, he and his teammate will be able to more effectively defend their site and more effectively perform the act of "Counter-Terrorism" in defusing a bomb if planted at the other site. This is using teamwork to complete the objective, and is therefore preferred to leaving one at each site, assuming one could *safely* join his teammate.

As you can clearly see, the Terrorist has the distinct tactical advantage if he is up against one man on each site. On the other hand, if the Counter-Terrorists follow my plan, the Terrorist is taking the risk of meeting two enemies at one site, which is more than twice the challenge of meeting one. If he finds an empty site, he has to plant and then defend against an attack from, ideally, two directions, assuming the two remaining Counter-Terrorists are coordinated. I declare that you are actually doing a disservice to your team if you leave one person alone at a bomb site without the opportunity to run away upon contact.
                            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

A diservice? What about the planted bomb. You just did a diservice allowing the T's to set up their destructive toy. Thats still not objective. Also next time its 7 CT vs 2 T's we should call everyone to one site? Again if they plant at the opposite site you have a partial fail.

If your allowing the T to set up camp after planting a bomb your fighting 2 T's now. 1 is moble and the other is ticking away.

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X