B street and objectives?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B street and objectives?

This is the first time I have encountered an issue with it but I think it would be nice to clear it up. As a CT on de_street the roof is a very useful point on the map if not the most superior. Your a CT and you rush over to take control of the roof. You have no opposition at the moment and you hurry up and start looking around for the whereabouts for any Ts. You see maybe a couple just sitting it their spawn and you start firing at them. Now I have heard that this is considered killhunting and not playing by objective and that it was also compared to the same as Ts killing hostages (orly?). I have heard also that if a CT is on the roof and he sees someone in T spawn that he is not supposed to shoot until he is fired at (that doesn't really seem logical but it is what I heard).

What does everyone else/PCS believe? I personally do not think there is anything wrong with this but it would be clear for everyone to know in the future.
    There are no winners in war.

Re: B street and objectives?

You make a good point there but if the T's know that the roof is a main point to the map they have to have rush to I know if the T's rush to that ladder they will at times get there before the CT's or most likely at the same time.
    But since the T spawn is in view I personally WOULD shoot at them due to the fact that they are not covering them selves being their fault that they are in view I do not see it as killhunting at all. What do ya’ll think of the situation
    Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

Sounds like too much rushing to me. Maybe the map should be reviewed for removal.

I haven't played that map to my recollection. So before I form an opinion on the tactic, I'll need to do that. But from what it sounds like... it is going to end up a rush to a key location every round which really seems to detract from the objective based play we hold so dear at TG.
      | | |

Comment

If De_street is sidewalk the roof is a very important part of the map. Yes by all means kill the T's in there spawn. The T's have enough time to just move out of view or even fight for the roof. Either ditch the map or take it because if you don't allow CT to take that roof then its just a T map. Yeah you can't spot a T and just let him live that would be stoopid.

And CT are allowed on that roof. It over looks not 1 but 2 bomb sites.

Yes you have to rush to certain areas Dog but you can rush and take cover. Thats what I like about this map. There is room for alot of differant plans. Also involving stealth. The gun fights are big at times. Depends on the plan like any other map. Again thats if this map is sidewalk and it sounds like it is. Good map. Look alive T's.

FUN FUN

Comment

Yes it is sidewalk, and i see the rooftop as being a key advantage of any of the opposing forces. Sure if the terrorists are waiting in spawn for a delayed whatever, then thats their fault for not moving 10 feet down the road so they don't get spotted.

Even with the rooftop however, you can get into bombsite A (cargo things) without spotting them. However if you are going to bombsite B, you defintly need that roof or someone who can take that roofsniper out.

I think its pretty much legit to shoot at terrorists at their spawn on this map, it's their fault if they die because they should know that the CT's will rush that rooftop and capture rooftop.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Be careful saying its legit to shoot terrorist in their spawn. Its only legit on this map, if you don't specify pubbies will be all over the opposing sides spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by kean View Post
              Be careful saying its legit to shoot terrorist in their spawn. Its only legit on this map, if you don't specify pubbies will be all over the opposing sides spawn.
              He did point out that killing in the spawn was only acceptable for this map. Also from some reason i had 3rd street stuck on my mind but yes i was talking about sidewalk.

Comment

I was T on the map when this happened and the description that Toy poodle gave is wrong. We were not complaining about being shot from roof in our spawn. We all knew that that was fair game. What we were mad about was when CT was peeking around the big white truck, with boxes in and around it, in the street near A and shooting us in our spawn. I realize taking control of the roof is vital for control of the map but I'm sure it's easy enough for CT to control A without killhunting us in our spawn from behind that white truck.

Comment

It is a hard map to play as me and conan found out the other night, 6-0 to us as T's then the CT's pulled it all the way back and won the map (the roof really is key). Unless you have a team who knows how to throw a smoke. It is very much similar to Piranese in that respect.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by † Disciple † View Post
                    It is a hard map to play as me and conan found out the other night, 6-0 to us as T's then the CT's pulled it all the way back and won the map (the roof really is key). Unless you have a team who knows how to throw a smoke. It is very much similar to Piranese in that respect.
                    Ya, I was there for that, twas a sick comeback. I'm kinda undecided on the map still. I don't particularly like it but I don't dislike it either.

Comment

It may be that you can see Terrorist spawn from a critical position on the map, but this, by no means, gives CT's a free pass to go into T spawn for kills.
                      | | |

Comment

Don't worry atomic there has been no presence of people actually going into their spawn. As for the big white truck at times it would seem unfair becuase it would just be like the roof but it is a choke point and a CT who is crazy enough to go there is most likely to die since the Ts should be able to get there before he does. Disciple I remember that time. Ya Sam was a beast and we just owned some Ts (even though I think we lost =P)

Comment

It really sounds like this map requires to many "exceptions" to our rules. I'll have more to say after I play it, I'm sure.
                          | | |

Comment

My opinion based on playing the map:

Roof is a must for cts.

T's get the heck out of B street unless you intend to rush it.

I don't see why they need to be at the truck to keep hold of that choke point, cts have good cover.

Fun map.
                            "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                            "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

CT don't need that truck. That is a killhunt. That whole side before the CT get to that truck is a choke point. CT can stay on the street from spawn or you can place more then 1 man on the rooves to cover A easily. No need to goto the truck unless the bomb is down. I am with Sam on this.

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X