Territorial Disputes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Territorial Disputes!

First topic, Cs_Parkhouse : Left Side Bridge.
    Situation : 1 Terrorist is on the CT side of the left bridge. He is peaking his head around the corner to shoot people on the ground as well as on the roof. At the start of next round, there is an argument about whether or not this is kill hunting or a strategic push across the bridge. Argument progresses until it becomes out of hand and is ended with no side satisfied and tensions run high for the rest of the map.

Give your ideas on the subject, it's your call.

Second Topic, De_View_Update : Tower and A Bombsite.
    Situation : Bomb is planted, there are 2 Terrorists around A, and 2 terrorists watching from the Tower. Knowing that he will be shot if he goes straight for the bomb, the CT decides to pull a strategic flank by coming up the ladder straight into the tower to take out the two snipers so he will be able to defuse. He does not make it to the bomb before it explodes. The T's rant on about how this is plain and simple kill hunting before listening for any justifications as to how this was considered a strategic flank. There is a big argument that eventually becomes out of hand and tensions run high between both parties for the rest of the map.

Give your ideas on the subject, it's your call.
    "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
    - Sparhawxx

Re: Territorial Disputes!

Situation 1: My personal opinion on this, if all conditions are met, a tactical flank. Sometimes on that map you have people on boathouse shooting away at the kitchen, and the second story. Why not pop around and help your teammates out? Its a easy decision by those conditions. But if you are over there, without any communication going on, and just straight out looking for people to get out of their spawn and run over there to kill, than thats killhunting.

Also, if your team is falling apart from the other bridge, you should immediately fall back to the back of the house and try to fight back in.

Situation 2(The tower you mean is pillbox? I dunno thats what im supposing): I think this is a legit move, however since he was a single man, i think he should of just went for the bomb and popped a smoke for the snipers and try to kill those terrorists inside the bombsite and defuse, or just ninja defuse.

My two cents.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Nice post Kulmar. <--- What he said :)

FUN FUN

Comment

ya for the first situation I am going to have to agree with Kulmar. That spot on the left side is actually a huge advantage for Terrorist and is a choke point. It can get risky but if done right is a great help for it prevents or makes the CTs more cautious about how they move into the back. We just all have to keep in mind what the reasons are for going there and does your team know about. I am constantly at that point but even then I know when to fall back when things go wrong. Just remember think choke point hold and not "ooo i can kill them easier from here".

as for the second situation I haven't played the map enough times to have a clue what your talking about.
        There are no winners in war.

Comment

For situation #2: If the sniper fire is dramatically affecting any ability to have a solid defense, they need to be taken out with caution. Kulmar's post was about spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kulmar View Post
            Situation 2(The tower you mean is pillbox? I dunno thats what im supposing): I think this is a legit move, however since he was a single man, i think he should of just went for the bomb and popped a smoke for the snipers and try to kill those terrorists inside the bombsite and defuse, or just ninja defuse.

My two cents.
            The he you mention is me and no I was not alone as I made my way to the pill box or whatever you call it. I had two more guys on the field I let them know that I was going to flank the sniper in the pill box since it was crucial (in my point of view) while they try to take out the guys guarding the bomb sites while I was on route when I was at the ladders to go into the pill box my two guys on the field got taken out hence I kept on route since I was so close already no sense on turning back I took out two guys up there and tried to get to the bomb but it was to late to get to the bomb.
            Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

That sounds reasonable. Communication with the team and no one disapproved of the move since it would be a great deal of help. The only problem was that your teammates died to easily ;)
              There are no winners in war.

Comment

ZOMBIE!!!!!!

On parkhouse, I like to guard that left side bridge a lot. I have been known to pop around the corner and shoot at people on the boathouse shooting into the house. Usually I then run like heck back because I'm about to die (usually cause I miss).

I have also gone up that ladder right there a few times... fired a shot or two at people and then run like crazy by sliding down the wall into the water... Maybe that shouldn't have happened?

sit #2)
                Lots of variables..
                If in a team (like above) then yeah, one goes for them, others defuse

If i'm alone
                If I have smoke - use that
                Long range weapon - try to get them then defuse

If I had no smoke and only a short range weapon, I'd probably go for them. There would probably be no way (unless there were incredibly blind/stupid/unlucky) for me to defuse if they are watching the bomb from range. Perhaps it is somewhat kill hunting, but if you feel that the only way to defuse is to remove a certain threat, then it should/could be done (IMO, but willing to obey other directions). Expecting me to run up and attempt a defuse in a suicidal situation? Is that why we're the good guys? LOL
                "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

In Situation 2...it's pointless to do this after the bomb is planted as you'll never make it to the bomb in time to defuse. Your best bet, if snipers have been causing trouble, is to take control of the pillbox BEFORE the bomb is planted. This requires intel from your team that the pillbox is indeed occupied and the bomb is indeed moving on bombsite A (or which ever the above ground site is).
                  | | |

Comment

Isn't there a "common sense" clause in the TG Primer?

Is what you're doing good for the company objective?

Comment

What? COMMON SENSE? Lies. I am a firm believer in UNcommon sense. :row__642:
                      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

heh...

i am guilty of popping out of left side bridge on parkhouse. I always call it out when i am going to push. I always fall back, however, to the hosties after i throw a grenade. The point is to weaken the Ct's (ESPECIALLY FRAN ! :P) rushing the hosties in kitchen. The weaker those Ct's are, the better chance we have at defending those hosties.
                        :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                        |
                        |
                        .\__\
                        ...../

Comment

Situation 1 Just a question. With enough communication and cover would crossing the bridge be aloud?
                          Me - I'll Just blame bush.
                          Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Comment

Ok I don't understand how people can go wrong here it is very simple, why are you pushing over the far bridge ?

* Who gives a flying cow how much comms you are giving and how mch cover you have, if you are pushing to just grab your average kill then no it is not ok.

* If however you are pushing over to remove the threat of a devestating sniper, then yes this is reasonable.

* Another tactic might be as surgested to soften up the enermy with a nade, this is good if you pull back to help team out.

Next how you go about this ?

* If you push over under the pretense of exstinguishing a sniper then hang around, you are kill hunting (you are not covering your objective).

* If you have waited that side of the bridge the whole round then again you are off objective because there was no immediate threat coming from there to warrent placing some one that far forward. In my experience to give someone the cover they need to retreat from there, you would need half the team. Half the team that could be spread over the rest of the map (is this a good use of assets) ?

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                            Winston Churchill

Comment

I have to disagree I think its a good push. I would never make it but I don't see why 2 players couldnt do it. As a CT I welcome it it does seperate T's from there objective if CT can take out T's teamates fast enough.

By this time they should be making there way back. If not then its killhunting in my book. If theres 4 players on there shouldnt be anyone there but with a full server that is a good choke. I would like to get a ruling so we don't clash here. I'm for it as long as its commed and makes sense. If I'm over ruled I'm fine with that too.

Oh sorry I think the run up nade and retreat is a must. Thats harmless unless you receive the nade :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X