Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Stacking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Team Stacking

    Here you go West :) I think If a team of TG happen to all land on the same team there is nothing wrong with it :) Just I hope they are playing like TG and shuting out the regulars :) There is no stacking because we all should be playing as 1. Or 2 because theres 2 teams :)



    FUN FUN

  • #2
    Re: Team Stacking

    Team stacking is a non-issue at this point. Plenty of regs and PCS alike with varying skill levels that it seems to me no matter who's on what team, there's always a good balance and fun games.
    | | |

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Team Stacking

      Plus the whole thing is auto balence anyway so don't moan at the players if they are stacked because they can't decide which team they land on.



      "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Team Stacking

        Originally posted by Disciple View Post
        Plus the whole thing is auto balence anyway so don't moan at the players if they are stacked because they can't decide which team they land on.
        Not completely true.
        "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
        "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump






        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Team Stacking

          Team stacking does occur, it will always occur. But i think with the TG servers its not all that much of a big deal. You have PCS players who want to play with other PCS players. But with as many people that come thru the server we get a great mix of players. Yeah you look and see 5 PCS on one team and most people get discouraged. But then you tell them skill has NOTHING to do with getting PCS, look at delta. They kind of see it as a challenge.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Team Stacking

            Non pcs members stack just as much as anyone else. At the beginning of a map, people will wait for others to join teams until autoassign puts them on the team they want. As for us pcs guys, I pretty much always do autoassign right when I get in. I deal with the team I am given.
            "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
            "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump






            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Team Stacking

              Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
              Non pcs members stack just as much as anyone else. At the beginning of a map, people will wait for others to join teams until autoassign puts them on the team they want. As for us pcs guys, I pretty much always do autoassign right when I get in. I deal with the team I am given.
              LIES! You just said what you do! Ha!



              He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Team Stacking

                I auto. And I try to get away from the PCS players they make me look bad :) But they follow me around like fleas on a dog :) Damot!

                Honestly I would rather be on the team that is following the SOP's though :) Call it stacking if you must.



                FUN FUN

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Team Stacking

                  Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                  like fleas on a dog :)
                  Like fleas on A Dog?!?!? I don't have fleas. I only follow you around because you're so purrty and...yeah...I like a team that I know is going to follow SOPs as well. Guilty as charged! :D
                  | | |

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Team Stacking

                    Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                    Team stacking does occur, it will always occur. But i think with the TG servers its not all that much of a big deal. You have PCS players who want to play with other PCS players. But with as many people that come thru the server we get a great mix of players. Yeah you look and see 5 PCS on one team and most people get discouraged. But then you tell them skill has NOTHING to do with getting PCS, look at TROOPER. They kind of see it as a challenge.
                    FYP.

                    On a related note i need to fire up CS sometime. I would have last weekend but i got sucked into tf2. Maybe sometime this week when i have a break from gf/uni/homework i'll drop by :).
                    _____________________



                    ---

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Team Stacking

                      Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                      I auto. And I try to get away from the PCS players
                      No wonder I am never on your team.
                      Last edited by Clefspeare; 01-23-2008, 02:21 AM.
                      "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                      "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump






                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Team Stacking

                        That is true Clef. You sure your not trying to get away from me? :)



                        FUN FUN

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Team Stacking

                          Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                          That is true Clef. You sure your not trying to get away from me? :)
                          I'm not sure of anything anymore...
                          "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                          "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump






                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Team Stacking

                            I never even look at the board. When the map comes up I just hit "N" then "5". I end up where I end up. I do see some stacking where a person will even "retry" if landing on the wrong team or spec and try again just to allow someone else to fil his spot so he can get the other team. When I see a stacked team I just say to myself (and sometimes out loud) "this is gonna hurt for a while".

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Team Stacking

                              If team stacking ever became an issue, talk to Wyzcrack. He put together a system of balancing based on "skill" (win:loss ratio with a weight for kills:deaths) that worked pretty well. Maybe it could be ported to CSS, but I don't think there's a big need for it. Shouldn't try to regulate everything.

                              Being at the losing end will generally make you better anyways. I've been Kulmar'd/kean'd enough that I'm starting to get them now and then haha.
                              ORGANBiTER | $_COOKIE['monster'] | UBiQ

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X