This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positional Offense on de_penstock

A common strategy I use on de_penstock as a Terrorist is a quick nade to the cats to take a player out and then a hasty retreat to regroup with your team. This sort of offense heavily depends on an optimal spawn position up on the second floor.As we all know the presence or elimination one player can make or break a game; especially when the server is half full. With this in mind when I found myself in the best possible spawn position for the grenade tactic I knew what I would do. I informed my team of my intentions and that I would regroup with them after I was done. Just in case I died out on catwalks, and subsequently left the bomb in a difficult position to recover, I dropped the bomb in spawn. Before I left I told them to leave the bomb where it was so I could pick it up when I was done. Once planning time had ceased I rushed off to catwalks with a grenade primed. I flung the grenade into the stairs leading up into the cats and successfully eliminated Sparhawkxx (:icon20:). I quickly retreated back to my team with nearly full health and promptly picked up the bomb. My team where still waiting for me at spawn. From there we discussed tactics and decided on a strategy for the rest of the round. After getting killed by my grenade Spar put up an admin message saying something like that "we should not drop the bomb in any circumstance" and that "in doing so we were jepordizing our objective" (Sorry I can't remember his exact words). I told him I would not use the strategy again. In the end we won the round partially due to the quick elimination of one of their players. So my question to all you admins is was my play strategically and tactically sound?

On another note apparently it's not safe to go sewers even when it's 3 vs 3. Twice our T team got taken out there. Although our sewer rush failed it was still a close game 7-6 to be exact. Twas an excellent game CTs.
    The Hope is not false :row__536:

Re: Positional Offense on de_penstock

Well for my personal opinion on this is that if someone else could have tossed a quick nade for a quick early nade kill and you held onto the bomb would of been fine. However sinced you dropped the bomb in a secure zone where no cts should go, then i don't suppose why it should be worried about because in all sense rather than it being on a terrorist than on the ground in a green zone should be fine.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Re: Positional Offense on de_penstock

Originally posted by sam1610 View Post
      I dropped the bomb in spawn. Before I left I told them to leave the bomb where it was so I could pick it up when I was done.
      Do not do this, ever. Further acts like this will result in a kick or ban.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X