Breaching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaching

It has come to my attention lately that, if i die fairly early in the round and end up speccing the offensive team (normally CT on a CS map, i dont think this applies to T on DE maps as much) and i see them(the breaching team) go into the hostie area one by one, and get picked off over a span of a few minutes... THIS IS NOT HOW WE BREACH AN AREA!!!!

If the team only has 2 or 3 people, everyone should breech at the same time, if there are 4-7 people left, have one or 2 stay back in a good sniping position. and dont everybody go in the same doorway, you are just speeding up the one at a time. (ill use italy as an example)
    have one person get on the boxes and have their crosshairs on the slight opening where a T could peek, set up 2 at the front door one with a flash, and one with a gun to cover the flasher from someone who might peek, if there are 4 people, have one sit back at the appartments corner and maybe get a lucky pick when box and bottom people flash and they duck into that room for cover, have bottom flash and 1 second later have top flash, move in RIGHT after flashes are done, box person clear POV to stairs and the top area, grab top hosties but dont run out like an idiot so you get capped in the bakc of the head... first bottom person clear sewers and grab the hosties, second bottom clear the stairs and move to the top window looking over which ever path they decide to take, both hostie carriers head out together, and let the person without hosties watch over them from the window, once they lose line of sight, move out to follow them, and any stalker they might come across...
    this is way better then one-at-a-time feeding frenzy of death...
    remember: team points are more important than player points, and if you want to be a hero, chances are you are gonna die...
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: Breaching

Some of the maps restrict players to going in only one at a time but use up the other entrances to create crossfire is always best. If you have a large area to move through, use smokes and flashes and everyone takes a particular area/sector.

- -

Comment

Even in a small hallway you can move 2 at a time. Use comms and the first person runs to the wall followed by his wingman. Use your radar and follow with a team of 2 more if the room you are entering has more then 1 entrance. Just beware of nades. Get used to saying "Cover me!!" or "I'm flashed! Cover me!!"

FUN FUN

Comment

Oooh, is this the part where I get to write a counter-tactic to destroy everything I put in the other italy thread?

No need to Tolstoy - just flash in at the same time, nade the front door and upper balcony, use smokes, and make as concentrated an effort as possible.

Or just give fransan a P-90 and hope for the best.

Comment

I think by "one at a time", he might have meant one person goes in and dies, the next person actually takes the time to think "oh crap he went! im preparing to go" then he bardges in and trips over his buddies corpse and dies. Then the third guy thinks to himself "crap, I just let them rush in alone, CHARGE!!".... dead.

What needs to happen is everyone move in together!! guns a blazin. 2-3 maybe. But what has to happen to almost guarantee success is the guy(s) in the back of the line really need to be keeping up and aiming at secondary targets (as the first guy in line will most likely aim on the first target). Of course this is crucially dependant on the first guy actually pushing all the way in and not backin up and gettin everyone naded lol

.. and great plan for breaching the house on italy tonk... that plan, when planned and time correctly, works wonders :)
          Dizlor

Comment

I've found that Cs_Covert, which I believe was designed to incorporate breaching tactics, does not have much room for a successful breach unless the T's are dumb. this is just one example of a map where breaching is usually not an option.
            "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
            - Sparhawxx

Comment

gogeta has it right the whole way, but ill add that i only used italy as an example, this is not italy dependent... any map where breaching is necessary, there is a better plan than one person go in alone, and without waiting for backup, dying, and the second one going, mumbling that he should wait, while not himself waiting for number three to show up, when you go one by one, you are in essence turning a game (say you outnumber the defenders 3 to 2, you now have 3 sets of 2 on 1 when they all go one at a time
              powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

cs_covert is a terrible map as it really doesn't allow for successful rescue of all hostages if the terrorists are paying even the slightest bit of attention to the objective.

Italy seems similar, but there are enough entrances that you should be able to stun them and snag one set and, while they're scrambling, nab the second. Leave someone behind to keep them busy and it's free bullpup money.

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
                  cs_covert is a terrible map as it really doesn't allow for successful rescue of all hostages if the terrorists are paying even the slightest bit of attention to the objective.

Italy seems similar, but there are enough entrances that you should be able to stun them and snag one set and, while they're scrambling, nab the second. Leave someone behind to keep them busy and it's free bullpup money.
                  Yeah, covert is impossible to nab all the hostages unless the terrorists are not playing their objective. On italy, it is possible, but not probable. Unless one of the terrorists is pushed outside the house, then they should be able to nab them. If one terrorist is inside the house, he either dies or he kills the ct's trying to rescue.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Don't ever say it is impossible to rescue all the hostages on covert. I have seen it done before. It's not that difficult, you just have to do it right.
                    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

True it is easy to rescue the back set on covert 9mainly because T's always like to push out) at the begging of the round. Just use the vents and nab them while making it back through.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                      Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
                        Don't ever say it is impossible to rescue all the hostages on covert. I have seen it done before. It's not that difficult, you just have to do it right.
                        I've done it once.. I think there was one T left and he was pinned down and I took off with the hossies.

- -

Comment

And thats it their pinned down or far up in the vents not realizing the hostages are in tow. I've seen it done also. But it has to be a fast hard hit to the back set.

FUN FUN

Comment

Part of the problem is that even in open areas, people are too concerned with their kill-count than the actual success of the team, hence the one-by-one deaths.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                            Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                            Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                              True it is easy to rescue the back set on covert 9mainly because T's always like to push out) at the begging of the round. Just use the vents and nab them while making it back through.
                              Only thing i can see is sparhawks solution, but then you have to take the hostages down through 2 of the offices that the terrorists are pushing out to, therefore you have to take them all down... and therefore my original statement (even if u get that back set out, the terrorist would have to be with the first set, or killhunting) And my original statement was ALL the hostages, not just the back set.

And if you have a terrorirst pinned down, then he should just try to run out because he knows the hostages are being rescued, and he is going to die either way. Only reason to stay there is to not play the objective.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X