Breaching and Room Clearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaching and Room Clearing

Here lately I've noticed a discouraging amount of bad breaching and room clearing techniques being used and I feel that everybody good benefit from a little 101 on the subject.

COORDINATION

This is key. If there are 2 or more ways into a room, you need to coordinate your entrance to hit them at the same time, every time. The less focused the enemy is the better. To often I'll see a pair of guys flash and enter a room from one door, and die. Then see another pair flash and enter the room from a different door, and die. This should be happening simultaneously. Whether you're using the clock, or verbal commands.

Multiple entrances should be breached simultaneously. Always.

USE OF GRENADES

Whether it's an HE or a Flash, there is a specific science to utilizing these. What I often see is this:

1. Grenade is thrown.
    2. Stack team waits.
    3. Grenade goes boom.
    4. Stack team moves in.

This is bad, so bad in fact that the only reason the defending team gets run over, is because they were out classed and out skilled.

They key to using grenades for breaching is you want it to go boom, and immediately afterwards your team is in the room. Not waiting! It should be Boom! Were inside the room! Everybody should have a pretty good idea of how long it takes for your grenade to go boom, a half second afterwards you need to be in the room.

Flashbangs are a perfect example, what does everybody do when they hear or see a flashbang? They turn around to avoid being blinded. In the time it takes for you to turn back to watching the door, you should be staring at a bunch of angry guns in your face. It doesn't matter if they're blind or not, they are no longer watching the entranceway, which allows you and your team to get inside without being shot.

If you need to pull back from the door so you can get a running start, go ahead, often times the last man will throw the flash, thats fine! Just make sure people are in the room the moment it goes boom.

If you're point-man and you accidently go to early and get flashed, DON'T STOP! Just get out of the way so you're team can enter, tell them you're blind, but try to get out of their way.

Time your breach so that immediately after the boom, you are inside.

ROOM CLEARING

This, in all honesty, needs the most work here on the server. The readers digest version is this: Wherever the man in front of you goes, you go opposite. He goes left, you go right sort of thing.

If there's enough of a corner for a bad guy to sit without you seeing his gun, and he mow's down your entire stack from behind that's just dumb.

If you have not laid eyes on a corner of a room, that corner is potentially dangerous. You have to actually clear the room, not walk in and not get shot, but ensure there are not any bad guys in the room. Check behind the boxes, check the corners, check lights above you. Clearing room means that room has zero threats in it.

In addition, you have to call any targets you see immediately, so those still entering the room know where to shoot. Picture a 3-man stack. Point-man goes left, middle-man goes right and sees a bad guy, he should call out "Contact on right"; this way the last man in goes around the corner and goes right, instead of left, to add firepower against the target. If no contact is made, continue with the opposite motions, he goes right, I go left.

Once a room is cleared reorganize your stack and clear the next room.

Not all situations will require an additional stack though. The Terrorist house in Italy is a prime example, you won't clear the front door hall and re-stack, you'll continue through. Point man should hook right while middle-man goes straight up the stairs.

Clearing a room means zero threats. Alternate motions to keep from getting your asses shot off. Announce the location of all contacts.

SPEED

I'll keep this short. Fact of the matter is, once you and your team are committed to breaching, there is no need, nor necessity for walking. This the proverbial kicking down doors and kicking ass part. You are loud, angry, fast and deadly. Don't throw your flash and slowly creep around a corner, the defenders will see your gun barrel and a put around right through your face. Remember the faster you get in, the faster your teammates can get in, and the more guns you're shooting at the bad guy.

Go fast damnit!

Re: Breaching and Room Clearing

These are all great tactics and most of us do good to use them but it all boils down to communication everyone needs to know thier role before hand. I wish we could get snakecams like in R6V for breaching doors but thiers not alot of doors in CSS a few maps use them but not alot.
    |TG| Plude220

Comment

yeah i agree nice points eclipse

Comment

Maybe this is a little extreme, but I think we should do some dedicated sessions on the server to run through this; the objective being that we can get this procedure to be a reflex. Too often we have a team stacked and a flash thrown, but no action after. I think that an understanding between players of what is to happen when entering a room would make our game play much more tactical and fun at the same time.

Nice post fellow cheesehead.
        The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
        #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
        83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Thats what server 2 is for. Get some players together but first get maybe some PCS or even admins to want to join in. Actually first ask your Gaming Officer if its ok to use the second server on a certain time then you can go forth with the teachings :)

FUN FUN

Comment

I'd be more than willing to do a little training session on this, I think it would add a lot of dynamics to our play style once everybody got accustomed to it.

Comment

I wouldn't mind showing up the noobs.
              There are no winners in war.

Comment

Yeah sign Fran up for this I've seen him miss the door trying to enter a room.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
                  Yeah sign Fran up for this I've seen him miss the door trying to enter a room.
                  By himself, and no one behind him.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Rofl I recorded Fran leading an assault on de_cbble last night, take a look.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdeBAu80ldU&feature=related[/media]

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

Hahaha

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

It might also be good to add that throwing a flash and just sitting there and not entering the room is a pretty bad idea, unless you want them to think youre going one way but you in fact go the other. To just throw it at a guy like "take that!" as I've seen a lot is a waste of money.

Also, at what point in your 4 step process do I jump in across the threshold and land in the crouching position?
                        ORGANBiTER | $_COOKIE['monster'] | UBiQ

Comment

Also, at what point in your 4 step process do I jump in across the threshold and land in the crouching position?
                          That would be at the end of step 2 during the initial breach, but just prior to spreading out to clear the room of hostiles. :icon_smil

Comment

It would be awesome to practice on server 2.

if players are needed, i will gladly join the server and help out in whatever way i can. just let me know :D
                            :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                            |
                            |
                            .\__\
                            ...../

Comment

If you have a team that cooperate as a unit and communicate then this is easier than its made out to be. We can try and designate who's clearing which part of the room we will clear(left, right). Along with well timed flashes already discussed. And I'd always be up to help out or even train these techniques myself. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X